Author Topic: Whiskey Colored Hair  (Read 1625 times)

Moonbeam

• Tool Wrangler
Whiskey Colored Hair
« on: April 27, 2011, 05:24:14 pm »
So Anna has "whiskey colored" hair. What exactly does that mean? Is she a redhead or a brunette? Or is this a creative way to describe a lighter shade of auburn? I am always interested in auburn-haired characters because my own hair is dark auburn, and I've spent a lifetime being described by others as either brunette (most common, probably due to it being dark) or redheaded (usually by stylists, as they have a different idea of hair color from regular folks). In short, most people tend to view auburn as either  brown or red, not a color in itself - which I swear it is! (Though I would rather be lumped with redheads than with brunettes).

Therefore, I was curious about what "whiskey colored" made others think when they read and envisioned it. I almost think of a more golden-hued redhead, especially with her pale skin and freckles.   

Rob

• lovebird
  • Mechanic
Re: Whiskey Colored Hair
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 06:10:25 pm »
As I understand it....and mind you, my only practical knowledge is from the copious amounts of whiskey that I have imbibed.....I would have to say that 'whiskey-colored hair' is a golden brown color....where you're not sure if the person would be a blond or a brunette......with maybe a reddish undertone or hint that comes when the light hits.....
Proud member of the Maulers Union Local #182.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 06:14:13 pm »
When I think of Anna's hair I think of a sort of caramel or amber. I guess it depends on the kind of whisky you drink.  >D

ETA: What Rob said.  LOL
Hurog Means Dragon.

Gerd D.

• Auto-Zauberer
  • Too damn happy.
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 06:48:43 am »
I tend to take it as a reddish shade of brown.... which come to think of it has not that much to do with the actual colour of whiskey. It just reflects my like for Ballantine's.  :-[
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 06:50:30 am by Gerd D. »
"You used to be a much better liar."

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 07:21:52 am »
I wonder... Charles has of course been around a long time, and experienced a lot of whiskey... and a lot of people, especially with "medium" colors of hair, tend to have several shades in their hair, depending on sunlight, dryness, whatever.  My guess would be that it's a darkish blond with some red to it, and with streaks of different color because of the sun exposure or lack of same, at different times, for an overall effect of amber to dark caramel brown mingled.  Kind of like my rotten little sister.