Author Topic: A question about similarities between Zee and Hob.  (Read 4964 times)

Shalon

• Tool Wrangler
A question about similarities between Zee and Hob.
« on: January 10, 2008, 11:07:50 am »
Is it just me, or does Zee's natural appearance somewhat resemble that of the Hob? Is it possible they are the same type of creature? Or maybe their species are related? This isn't the first similarity I've noticed between Patty's books...     ;)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 07:36:43 pm by Elle »
I see you're playing stupid again...looks like you're winning too!

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
Re: Zee's "Real" Appearance ****spoiler*****
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 10:10:40 pm »
Zee and the Hob shared the earrings -- which I didn't realize until after Mike pointed it out AFTER the book was already in print <grin>.  Otherwise they look not very much alike.  The Hob is built heavy and wide.  He is very dark gray all over (it was supposed to be black but my editor's boss thought that might offend people.  I thought that was pretty strange as Caefawn was the Hero and he was black like a black lab not like an African American -- but dark gray worked just as well and wasn't as obvious a choice).  He has a tail.   Zee is tall and slender with teak (dark brown) skin and he has silvery hair.  I think they both may have pointed ears, but trust me if they were both in the same room, you'd have no trouble telling them apart <grin>

Actually I think the main problem is that I don't often spend long passages describing characters because as a reader, I prefer to get a few hints from the author and then make up my own characters.  And, as a person, I don't really care very much what people look like.  Sometimes, in the first few drafts of a novel, there will be no physical descriptions at all -- but I'm striving to do better.

Patty