Author Topic: Just finished River Marked  (Read 10905 times)

cass137003

• Tool Wrangler
Re: Just finished River Marked
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 10:44:48 am »
Loved it absolutely loved it. Patty you are very talented and can't wait for more. bOuNcY I love this whole series and the Charles and Anna one as well. Thank you for these wonderful books, only wish it was time for the next one  ;)

Treesong

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 02:33:49 pm »
I enjoyed this so much I had to find this site and tell you. I repeatedly found myself grinning with delight, and there are few books of any sort that do that for me. Things like the surprise wedding and 'Best five dollars I ever spent' and 'Are we there yet?' and wolves eating coyotes and so on. Thinking back, I'd guess just about all of them, except some with Coyote, would probably have  fit at least as well in a magicfree romance novel, not that I've read any. Marriage is good for her. I've enjoyed all your books, but this is my hands-down favorite.

Had to add just one more spoiler bar...  – Ellyll, Moderator

« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 07:03:02 pm by Ellyll »

proberts1110

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 08:40:28 pm »
I absolutely loved this book, because it was so beautifully detailed, so lush, and had so much feeling.  I have to describe it in visual terms:  it was like the difference between a beautiful tapestry and someone drawing a stick man on a piece of paper.  I just wanted to live inside it for a while.  Bravo. 

Patricia Briggs always writes good stories, but this one was something special.

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 08:04:45 pm »
Thank you all :)  I write the book I want to write -- and then I worry.  What if people don't like it? Of course there are people who won't.  What if no one likes it?  And of course, if it were dreck -- someone would like it.  I have a friend who is a writer of many books, some of which are not under his name.  In one such case, he was writing a book for a computer game -- and another friend was writing a different book.  Some silly person on the game company's end got a *brilliant* idea.  Instead of publishing the books separately, they could take a chapter from one book and then a chapter from the other -- making people buy both books to get a full story.  This was after the books were written so neither author could make their stories work together in any fashion.  And then, someone screwed up and mixed up the chapters.  And still, my friend had someone write a review of this poor hash of a book (in which neither story was ended -- or even comprehensible since the chapters were mixed up) and said it was amazing and the best book he'd ever read. 

However, I am very pleased that YOU liked it :)  Very happy for your favorite parts -- and sad for the parts that didn't work as well for you <grin>  If this wasn't your favorite book, maybe the next one will be!

Hugs,
Patty