Author Topic: A heartfelt thank you  (Read 3390 times)

NMRoberts

• Tool Wrangler
A heartfelt thank you
« on: February 25, 2011, 04:24:34 pm »
Dear Patricia Briggs,

I've been reading your books for a couple of years now but only just last night found this site. I started with The Hob's Bargain, then proceeded to the Mercy Thompson Series, and have more recently became enthralled with Alpha and Omega. I'm sure you hear all the time that your writing is amazing, because it is, but I had a more personal thank you in mind.

As someone who suffered physical, emotional, and sexual abuse at the hands of another I wanted to thank you for how you've written Anna and later Mercy. You've taken time in your books to show that no one gets over abuse instantly, it takes time and honestly no matter what we do there are always little parts of us that never stop hurting. But at the same time you have let Anna and Mercy both heal and build themselves up again instead of forever hiding, and that's given me hope and reassurance as I travel along my own path to healing.

So thank you, for thinking of those of as who have suffered as people instead of plot developments.

With heartfelt thanks and deep respect,
Niki Roberts

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
Re: A heartfelt thank you
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 03:39:56 pm »
Thank you so much for writing to me.  It is important, I believe, to make sure that the bastards don't get you down and win.  We humans are pretty tough when we dig deep and have a little help :)
Best,
Patty