Author Topic: Addictive!  (Read 3147 times)

Mouse

• Tinker
  • I failed the Turing Test
Addictive!
« on: March 08, 2011, 04:05:23 am »
Hi there, this is my first post, and I wanted to say that I am addicted to Patricia Briggs books!  ;)

I love them all, especially the Raven series and all the weres.

Its also fantastic that so many are available as audiobooks. I'm dyslexic and while I love reading, I understand and remember things much better if I can listen to them. And I can feed my addiction while I sew!

BTW, if Anna really wants to learn to quilt, and Charles really would fly her to England, I'd be very happy to teach her!

Mouse
"Just because a promise becomes desperately inconvenient doesn't mean you don't have to keep it." Mercy Thompson in Iron Kissed

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
Re: Addictive!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 11:03:16 am »
Mouse,
  Thank you for writing :)  and welcome.  I just got off the phone with the audio people at Ace who are right now starting to record the audio versions of the Raven books, The Hob's Bargain, Steal the Dragon and When Demons Walk :)
  My mother could sew.  But her sewing machine (and all others that I've tried) hate me.  I break them.  She sat beside me one day, trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.  And poof, the machine broke.  She looked at me, looked at her sewing machine (and this was one of those old bullet-proof single stitch metal bodied machines).  Finally she said, "Patty, I don't know what you are doing.  But you may no longer use my machine."  ;D
Patty

Mouse

• Tinker
  • I failed the Turing Test
Re: Addictive!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 11:10:23 am »
That is fantastic news. The Raven series is my favourite and I was hoping it would be an audiobook soon.

I have similar affects on blood pressure taking machines. I wonder if this is some hidden super power? The power to destroy machinery. If it could be tuned to, for example, bombs, it could be very powerful...
"Just because a promise becomes desperately inconvenient doesn't mean you don't have to keep it." Mercy Thompson in Iron Kissed