Author Topic: Question about Sam  (Read 7902 times)

CharlieLaCrowix

Question about Sam
« on: December 04, 2007, 08:04:53 pm »
I just want to make sure that I really understand Sam's character: Does Sam really love Mercy or does he just love her because she can have children that will survive? Thank you!!

-CharlieLaCrowix
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 09:57:08 pm by Elle »

Fairyfreak

• Grease Monkey
Re: Question about Sam
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 04:48:14 am »
I thought I remembered her answering this in one of the chats??  It could be wishful thinking though...   :)

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 09:12:23 pm »
i highly doubt she'll answer this question
4) Patty may decide not to answer certain questions.  She'll indicate those with something like "decline to answer".  A good example of this is the oft-repeated requests on the chat to know who Mercy ends up with.   It's flattering that people want to know, but a straight-up answer would be a spoiler of the worst kind.  Questions that would ruin the book for others won't get a "real" answer.
It's a good one though, I think.  Because (and this is me at nearly 50, not mind reading) I'm muddled enough, at what, 4-5 times my age?  Sam could have a much clearer knowledge of his motives.  But he might not, it might be a murkier muddle.  It's had longer to stew together, after all.

Side question, Madame.  If I show up at the Seattle signing toting hats for you & your family, (to keep you from freezing your ears off in Montana), what colors/combinations of color do each of you like?  Can't make promises, if the stores don't have acrylic (washable & colorfast, don'cha know) yarn in the colors prferred, I can't get 'em made, but I can try!

(edited so your quote box didn't eat your message)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 09:01:51 am by Grey Drakkon »
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 09:41:38 pm »
Okay, now that Iron Kissed is out I can answer this ----- SPOILER WARNING
Sam does love Mercy -- but not in the way he would like to.  She's his pack, but she's not the love of his life.
Patty