Author Topic: Books That Made You Cry  (Read 10996 times)

Eccentric_Rose

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • You will find love.
Re: Books That Made You Cry
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 03:41:10 pm »
I have to say I cried when I read Dark Visions by L.J. Smith. It was in the last of the third book. ( I had the three in one book and read it all in a day so it was really late when I finished it. That day I was working with mom all day and was thankful when a job included going in the basement by my room.  ;D So, the part I cried at was when she gets put in the isolation tank where she forgets everything and it makes you go insane and Gabriel reaches her through their mind link and tells her everything about the sun and stories when he was little. Through the mind link she can tell he truly loves her. But the thing is he had to keep pricking himself with glass to keep the contact to keep her from going insane. *sigh* It was funny cause before I read the book I read the back of the cover and guessed from the begginning which guy she would choose and which one i would like.  ;D  LOL
Dangers bring fears, and fear more dangers bring.

Eccentric_Rose

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • You will find love.
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2011, 01:00:16 pm »
I cried in the last Eragon book inheritance. I cried like two or three times in the last one hundred pages.  9)

Okay I cried when Eragon goes to Brom's tomb, and at various parts of the end when he is leaving to the other country. For some reason I was actually rather disappointed in the end when he will most likely never see anyone again including Arya.  :-'  I loved the whole book, and series, but when he decided to leave and never come back, because of the prophesy, I was a little angry. Though I still like the series even though the last fifety pages upset me a lot.

I cried in the last book of the Obsidian Triology by Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory, When Darkness Falls. I balled my eyes out when Idalia dies and then again when she is reborn.

There is another book I just can't remeber right now..... Anyway these two series are one of my favorites with The Raven series and Mercy Thompson books.  :D bOuNcY

Eccentric_Rose

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • You will find love.
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 01:14:04 pm »
Three posts in a row for crying....this is terrible. At least i never read them all at the same time.  :D ( Rob will never let me in his Mauler's Union Group if I don't stop crying.  :D :-whistle)

Now I remember the book that I knew was important but couldn't remember:
Bone Crossed There probably are not as many people who cried for this book as they did the last one. I cried when Mercy becomes pack while Stephan is in her head greiving. It was a touching moment between Adam and Mercy but with Stephan in the background, i couldn't stand not crying.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 01:23:14 pm by Eccentric_Rose »

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 12:29:58 pm »
Yes, it was definitely a powerful moment.

FizzaLicious

• writers
  • Mechanic
  • I stopped fighting my demons,now we agree ;)
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 07:58:09 pm »
*sniffle* I know!!!
Murphy- Are you always such a wise-ass?
Dresden- Nope, sometimes I sleep! :) ~ Dresden Files

I know the voices in my head aren't real..... but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome! ;D

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 11:16:59 am »
I got a bit teary reading Shadow City by Diana P. Francis. And found out at the end that it was mostly unnecessary! At least I hope they can bring them back. :)

FizzaLicious

• writers
  • Mechanic
  • I stopped fighting my demons,now we agree ;)
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 01:14:34 pm »
I have to say I cried when I read Dark Visions by L.J. Smith. It was in the last of the third book. ( I had the three in one book and read it all in a day so it was really late when I finished it. That day I was working with mom all day and was thankful when a job included going in the basement by my room.  ;D So, the part I cried at was when she gets put in the isolation tank where she forgets everything and it makes you go insane and Gabriel reaches her through their mind link and tells her everything about the sun and stories when he was little. Through the mind link she can tell he truly loves her. But the thing is he had to keep pricking himself with glass to keep the contact to keep her from going insane. *sigh* It was funny cause before I read the book I read the back of the cover and guessed from the begginning which guy she would choose and which one i would like.  ;D  LOL

Just reading your post is making me all teary-eyed!  9) LOL ;D :-LOVE :-LOVE :-LOVE
Murphy- Are you always such a wise-ass?
Dresden- Nope, sometimes I sleep! :) ~ Dresden Files

I know the voices in my head aren't real..... but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome! ;D

Eccentric_Rose

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • You will find love.
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 02:48:36 pm »

Just reading your post is making me all teary-eyed!  9) LOL ;D :-LOVE :-LOVE :-LOVE

lol

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2014, 10:25:47 am »
http://www.beacon.org/productdetails.cfm?sku=3332
I haven't read (hadn't known of until I saw a tweet about it) this book, but I suspect it will make me cry if/when I get hold of it.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

MaryW

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2014, 06:42:37 pm »
Elizabeth Moon: The Deed of Paksenarrion.  Book 2 Divided Allegiance and Book 3 Oath of Gold definitely caused some tears.