Author Topic: Keeping a standard  (Read 3357 times)

jjmcdonald

• Tool Wrangler
Keeping a standard
« on: February 01, 2011, 01:35:35 pm »
Writing is HARD WORK. And no author delivers quality without a lot of effort. Sometimes the subject captures you and you can churn out 10 chapters in a day. Sometimes you go into a rat hole and you cannot deliver anything for a month. So I understand the need to begin to "manage" output of one book a year. And alternating between Mercy and Charles and Anna is a good alternation. I guess.
I do have to thank you, however, for getting me to get off my dump and look at other authors around who write in the same arena you do. Kitty Vaughn has attracted my attention between your books. And I am enjoying a lot of others as well who write about strong independent characters, (Mercy and Adam) or people who are Broken but fix each other when they are together (Anna and Charles).

I guess I will just have to wait out each year between books and re-read the entire series between outings.

Oh well.
Thanks again for a wonderful world you have opened to us. And may you write at least 100 others.

Jim

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
Re: Keeping a standard
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 11:26:11 pm »
Dear Jim,
  Thank you for your kind support.  Happily there are a lot of marvelous storytellers in this genre.  Carrie is a terrific writer. You might try Ilona Andrews, Jim Butcher, John Levitt -- and a host of others.
Happy reading!
Patty