Author Topic: Will Patty do a signing in my area?  (Read 3779 times)

readalot

• Tool Wrangler
Will Patty do a signing in my area?
« on: January 08, 2011, 05:45:17 pm »
I have a slightly whiney question; Why do authors ever come to albuquerque NM? The second question is; will you ever come to Albuquerque NM or Santa Fe NM?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 05:38:30 pm by Elle »

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
Re: The question of places!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 09:34:41 pm »
Patty's signing schedule is usually organized by her publicist at ACE.  To be completely honest, we have no idea how the publicist figures out where to send the author.  One limiting factor, of course, is how much time Patty is willing to spend traveling alone -- signing tours are grueling.  In addition to being in the public eye several hours a day and traveling, she's usually whisked around to lots of bookstores to sign stock at every stop.  A week is about Patty is good for, so she can't see the whole country.

Patty just wrote a quick not to her publicist, asking how they arrive at a tour schedule, and whether it would be appropriate to post her email here so that readers can request signings closer to where they live.  I'll post back when we hear from her publicist.

Here's hoping!
Mike
Where's my super-suit?

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
Re: The question of places!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 09:23:33 am »
OK, we heard back from Patty's publicist.  She says she'd be more than happy to hear from people who would like to have Patty visit their town.  She would, however, appreciate it if you could provide the contact information for a local bookstore where the signing would be held.  So, if you know a friendly bookstore owner that would be willing to host a signing, let Rosanne know, and MAYBE we'll be flying your way next year!

Rosanne  Romanello
Berkley/NAL/Riverhead Trade/Perigee Publicity, Penguin Group USA
375 Hudson Street, 5th floor
New York, NY 10014
rosanne.romanello@us.penguingroup.com
Where's my super-suit?