Author Topic: Mercedes Lackey  (Read 112292 times)

Janilee

Re: Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #225 on: August 20, 2009, 09:22:13 am »
Changing the World and Other Tales of Valdemar is due out in January. She is working on two more books in the Heirs of Alexandria series. And she is starting a new serieswith Rosemary Edghill. Shadow Hunt is the first book in the Shadow Grail series. All to look forward to.

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #226 on: August 20, 2009, 06:04:05 pm »
I am looking forward to those.  It has been too long since the last Heirs of Alexandria book came out.  Thanks for the info :D

Janilee

« Reply #227 on: August 21, 2009, 09:00:42 am »
You are welcome. I love looking for future books.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #228 on: August 23, 2009, 11:09:22 pm »
I just finished To Take a Thief. I wish there were more books with Skif as the main hero, he is one of my favorite characters!
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Talyn

• Tool Wrangler
  • Technomage
« Reply #229 on: September 28, 2009, 08:12:01 pm »
I just picked up the last book in the Enduring Flame trilogy today, The Phoenix Transformed. I am really liking it so far.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C Clarke

ladylynx

• Mechanic
« Reply #230 on: September 29, 2009, 03:40:20 am »
The problem with Mercedes Lackey is her Valdemar world is starting to get boring after so many books and the few series she did have that were doing well died off. The Diana Tregarde Investigation series was doing well and she let it die off. It had real potential. I think even Ms. Briggs could takes the series over and give it a new breath of life.

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #231 on: September 29, 2009, 05:25:12 am »
Yes but on Tregarde was bringing too many scarcey people after her.
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #232 on: September 29, 2009, 12:23:18 pm »
stalkers trying to steal her magic type people

I think if she revived it Now, she might not have that problem, with all the stories of magicians, witches etc. around.

then again, she might.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #233 on: September 29, 2009, 07:11:16 pm »
What I read a while ago was that the Diana Tregarde series/world was dropped because people were taking them as 'how to' manuals for dark magic.
Then she had the idea of tying them to her "SERRAted Edge" stories of elves, so that people would be forced to understand, "IT'S FICTION, DIPSTICKS" so she may write more of them, but she's working around the edge with the Eric Banyon ones for now.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #234 on: September 29, 2009, 07:14:41 pm »
Wow! I hadn't known all the crazy reasons why she quit writing them!
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #235 on: September 29, 2009, 07:24:09 pm »
I wish she'd write more of them. *sigh* Only vampire character I really thought was hot. :-LOVE

ladylynx

• Mechanic
« Reply #236 on: September 29, 2009, 07:37:47 pm »
I think Patricia Briggs could do them real justice. They are really good novels and the main character is some thing I could see in her world. Maybe Ms. Lackey would trade or give her permission for another author to write them. I know she is very protective of the Valdemar series. That's her baby right there. You need permission from the fan club to even write any fan fiction for that universe.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #237 on: September 29, 2009, 07:49:47 pm »
Bah. You can write until your finger fall off.  Sharing it will get you smacked, though.
And I don't think Our Hostess wants to write in someone else's world.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

Jazzlet

« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2009, 11:59:25 am »
Why on earth would our hostess want to write in someone elses world when she has enough books lined up in her own worlds to take her half way through the next decade ???

ladylynx

• Mechanic
« Reply #239 on: September 30, 2009, 12:46:41 pm »
I'm just saying that. The series could continue with her. I think and feel that Patricia Briggs does an excellent job with the characters she has and the series she writes. The Diana Tregarde series would fit nicely in Ms. Briggs world with little or no modification to the characters at all. I just feel it's a waste to let some thing so good go by the way side.

I rarely say things of this nature about a series or author.

Ms. Lackey was a protege of Ms. Zimmer Bradley and even her stuff now is being written by a ghost writer because of the demand of her fans.