Author Topic: Does Mercy have accelerated healing?  (Read 5651 times)

Faellie

• Grease Monkey
Does Mercy have accelerated healing?
« on: November 07, 2007, 05:56:48 am »
The werewolves have accelerated healing when they change.  Does Mercy?

I've been wondering because of the first chapter of Iron Kissed.  It says that it is less than a month since Warren was injured, and he is still thin and limping.  In BB, after Warren was injured Mercy 1) found and killed the vampire sorcerer, and then a couple of weeks (or more) later found and killed Andre, when her wrist was knawed.

So IK starts less than two weeks after Mercy's wrist was fairly badly injured, but there's no reference to it.  Is she healed, and if so did she heal quickly (eg by changing), or was the injury not that bad?

I know Patty's already said that Mercy is badly hurt in IK.  So I'm trying to find the good news in advance, so I don't have to worry too much!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 08:18:12 pm by Elle »

Talking_Mouse

• Grease Monkey
  • Never underestimate the power of words.
Re: Mercy's ability to heal herself
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 10:07:05 pm »
On a slightly related subject -- would the flesh and blood of Bran, Samuel or Adam help her heal?  Would any one of them, singularly or a combo of all three, have an effect on her?  Neither Adam nor Bran are her Alpha, however both are close to her.  Or is the healing power of the Alpha part of pack magic, and therefore only conferred in the pack joining ceremony?

Iris101

• Mechanic
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 05:05:17 pm »
Would she have to be mated to one or be in their pack for the whole flesh and blood thing to work?

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 06:42:33 pm »
technically she is mated to adam, so it should work if its run by being mated in the pack

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 09:58:18 pm »
If Mercy heals a bit faster than humans, it is only a little bit faster.  Her wrist was gnawed, but it was only a flesh wound -- and I decided after a couple of weeks of healing she probably wasn't noticing it too much.

Warren is a special case because he was so badly injured -- and some of the injuries were done with silver.  It has taken him a lot longer than normal to heal.

I don't know if flesh and blood would help her heal, mostly because it has never been tried.  It's one of those things I'll take into account while I'm writing the next book <grin>  Fun stuff