Author Topic: Robert Jordan  (Read 13077 times)

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
Re: Robert Jordan
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2010, 03:13:52 pm »
Oh, for Frak's sake. I'm just putting this on hold again. 9)

Yeah, it's frustrating. I'm halfway through The Gathering Storm and there are some side characters that I couldn't care less about that are taking up time. I just want to get some resolution!
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2010, 03:18:28 pm »
See this is why I stopped this series after book 3 or 4. The number of plots and story lines just kept growing, also I remember being really put off by the slapping of the face that kept on happening in stead of words.

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2010, 09:12:13 am »
I still have to say that - for me - the ending was worth reading the book. I really really really loved the ending  :-LOVE
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2010, 10:52:14 am »
The ending for what, Cerulean? I didn't think they were all done yet?

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 08:31:06 pm »
Sorry Kate - the ending of the latest book, The Gathering Storm.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.