Author Topic: Briggs Book Chat: Free For All Chat May 02, 2010  (Read 3449 times)

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Briggs Book Chat: Free For All Chat May 02, 2010
« on: May 02, 2010, 05:49:38 pm »
Hurog Chat
http://www.chatzy.com/670524376140
Visible content as of Mon May  3 00:05:16 2010 GMT (37 KB)
Page 1 of 1 - Char 1 to 38494 - Newest entries at the bottom
============================================================
Elle from x.x.x.139 cleared the room 65 minutes ago
Patti from x.x.x.166 joined the chat 64 minutes ago
CarolKat from x.x.x.58 joined the chat 64 minutes ago
CarolKat: Elle and Patti
Elle: Hi guys :)
CarolKat: Hello
Patti: Greetings, earthlings, just jogged Jax's elbow
Elle: I wasn't sure if anyone would show since we had such a popular morning chat
jax from x.x.x.34 joined the chat 63 minutes ago
jax: hello
CarolKat: Oops wrong  keyboard, I am working too so too many keyboards not enought hands
jax: I shouldn't be interrupted this time :)
Elle: Hi Jax :)
CarolKat: Hi Jax
Elle: Did we want to stick with the mate bond chat? or just open it up to Mercy's world chat...anything and everything?
jax: Hi everyone!
jax: I'm good either way
CarolKat: me too
Elle: I don't want to have too much repition from earlier so let's open it up. :)
Elle: How are guys feeling about Mercy's growth in the series? I'm impressed that she's grown so much
Patti: I will comment that - on pack, rather than mate bond - I wonder if Bran sawa & didn't comment on her connection to Samuel, or if they didn't go over it for some reason.
jax: I love the way she's handling the aftermath of the rape - the panic attacks, the doubts....it's all very real to me
Elle: I think they just didn't go over it...
CarolKat: I think Bran just wanted to get her connection with Adam up so he didn't say anything
Kyria from x.x.x.202 joined the chat 57 minutes ago
Elle: I like that too, jax. It's a part of her and she's dealing with it and Adam is helping in his way
Elle: Hi Kyria :)
Kyria: Hello
Patti: So far, our glimpses of mates have been few and far between.  And, you may note, often involving damaged people
Elle: I think it'll be nice to see more stability in the characters in the next novel
Patti: A lot of the relationships have had a chance to stabilize somewhat.
jax: Well, how many people don't have some kind of damage? I do like Adam/Mercy and Charles/Anna because it shows the couples helping to overcojme the damage
Elle: I did like that glimpse of Darryl/Auriele bond
jax: *overcome
Patti: As opposed to Bran/Leah
Kyria: stability is nice but doesn't always make for exciting reading... and Jax is right, most people have some amount of damage, something to overcome
Piper from x.x.x.158 joined the chat 54 minutes ago
jax: That was fun! Darryl/Auriele are a couple that I am looking forward to seeing more of
Elle: Hi Piper
jax: Bran/Leah is a hard - in a way Leah helps him with his damage, but it causes damage to her.
jax: Hi Piper!
Piper: Hi all!! xx
Kyria: I wonder how she got into that situation (Leah, I mean)
Kyria: Hi Piper
jax: Power.
Kyria: I mean, it doesn't seem like that relationship was ever any better than it is now... so why did Leah agree to it?
Elle: Sam for example...seeing him too broken isn't something I want to read for an extended amount of time. having him work through his issues and work to get better I can get behind...there's stability in that he's not suicidal anymore but still room for him to grow
jax: Leah, that is...she got power. Long term, she probably didn't see what it would do to her to not have a marriage with love in it
Kyria: Yeah there needs to be a shift in who is stable and who is shaken up...
Kyria: Good point
Elle: I think from one of the chats Patty mentioned that leah knew exactly what she was getting into so she went into with open eyes
Kyria: which annoys me because she then got mad because she got what she was told she would get
Kyria: and nothing more
Patti: Well, as recently as the turn into the 20th century, marrying for love was not the norm; it was for power & money.
Elle: Hi guys...we've opened the chat from just Mate Bonds becuase we had such a popular chat this morning. so feel free to bring it all in...mate bonds and everythiing
CarolKat: She was probably hoping to change that
Patti: I think they've been married at least that long, so it wouldn't hve been unusual.
Janilee from x.x.x.204 joined the chat 49 minutes ago
Kyria: I suppose its realistic, that in that situation the person would not really grasp that she would not get love out of it...  But she still annoys me, as that type of person does in real life.
jax: It doesn't mean that Leah knew the consequences of her choice. It's not something one can truly understand
Piper: Hi Janilee
jax: Yeah, she's the kind of person I don't have much patience for
jax: Hi Janilee
Patti: Yeah, until it happens to you, you don't understand completely.
Elle: do you think that Bran and Leah married soon after BlueJay Woman died? or how much a period in between that?
Piper: Ditto Jax
Elle: Hi Janilee
Kyria: good question Elle
Janilee: Hello all!
CarolKat: I think there was  3 year period and Bran's wolf decided he needed a mate forget where I read that one
Elle: thanks CK I figured it couldn't be very long of a gap
Kyria: But I would guess it would take a while for Bran to find the right woman
Janilee: There has to have been some amount of time. Bran needed to go slightly crazy, come up with a solution, and find the right person to fill that position.
Piper: But did he?
Kyria: as he says, a woman so selfish he won't fall in love with her.
Janilee: He thinks he did.
Piper: That makes me sad
Elle: I can't really see her as being a step mom to Charles...I think his mothers family had a lot to do with helping raise him...his grandfather and uncles
CarolKat: or at least not fall in love like he had with Blue Jay Woman
Patti: I think that Bran is one of those people who likes presenting different stories, letting his mystique grow
Kyria: I think Bran has a more complex relationship with Leah than he lets anyone know.  Possibly even her.
Elle: Bubbles! Are you going to join the chat? :)
Patti: Oh, as old and complex as he is, I don't really doubt it.
Janilee: The part of that timing that makes me sad is she would have been part of raising Charles, but still feels only jealousy towards him
Elle: I do want to learn more about Bran and Leah and their relationship
Piper: I don't think she cares for anyone who Bran "loves" more
Patti: Don't we all?
Janilee: Patty has said she thinks he is best left mysterious.
Elle: good point, Piper
Kyria: Maybe we'll see more in future charles and anna books though
Janilee: Maybe some good Leah points will show up.
Piper: Thanks Elle
Elle: Bran has to be a hard guy to be mated to
Kyria: She doesn't really seem to care for anyone who has plenty of love.  No matter whose.  Like, Anna...
Piper: I do think
Piper: sorry kiddlet
Elle: So many characters to find more about...Patty doesn't really need a break does she? :D
Janilee: What do you think Piper?
Elle: Hi fuzzytale :)
Janilee: I'm not certain why she hasn't been chained to her desk yet
jax: There are a lot of them to choose from
Elle: Janilee. lol
Patti: Yes, she does need breaks.
jax: Does anyone else think that Warren/Kyle will have a mate bond eventually?
Piper: I do think IMHO Leah went into this thinking she could maybe change the way Bran feels......
Elle: Jax, I love to see that if only to see how the bond develops between a human and wolf...that's not something we've seen yet
Patti: Like that list in the funny pages, women always think they'll change the husbands, and don't, while husbands think wives won't change, but do.
Piper: I hope so. I love Warren and Kyle!
Kyria: I would be interested to see a mate bond between Warren and Kyle, although I wonder if Warren would be willing to subject Kyle that much more to the pack
Janilee: I think Leah went into this not worried about the way Bran feels. I believe she thought as many women did that affection would come and then perhaps love.
Patti: Not a human who doesn't have some hint of the supernatural to them.
fuzzytale from x.x.x.236 joined the chat 39 minutes ago
Piper: If he does Kyle can handle it no problem.
Janilee: I believe that Warren and Kyle have a mate bond.
Piper: Hi fuzzytale
fuzzytale: Hi
fuzzytale: Trying to figure out the chat program :D
Janilee: Hello fuzzytale. That can take a minute or two.
jax: You think so, Janilee? I would like to think that if they don't yet, they will soon.
Kyria: Hi fyzzytale.
Elle: If they do we we haven't seen it yet. I would love to assume that because they have a strong love and I think Warren's wolf loves Kyle as well
Patti: See, there's another question; how does a 'normal' mate bond present itself?
Elle: Hi fuzzytale
Elle: How do you mean Patti?
jax: As for Kyle being subjected to more of the pack - didn't it say somewhere that a mate bond does not mean that the mate would have a pack bond?
Janilee: The scene where Warren was hurt by the sorcerer and Kyle told everyone that he wasn't worried about being hurt by Warren. Mercy and the pack present translated that as a bond.
Kyria: a human mate won't have a pack bond
Patti: Well, the only ones we've seen starting were oddballs.  Anna and Charles - out of that instant attraction
Elle: Good point, Jax. I think Mercy is the exception but human mates haven't been brought into the pack bonds at all
Kyria: but a gay mate would be further subjected to werewolf politics I would bet.
Patti: Adam and Mercy, sealed at the same moment as the pack bond.
Patti: Tom & Moira, in the midst of spellcasting & a rescue.
Kyria: Brother Wolf going
Kyria: "OMG SHE'S MINE"
Elle: I think they would all have some kind of uniqueness
Kyria: except in a less teenage-girl phrasing.
Janilee: Who is to say what is "normal?"
Elle: no matter the couple or the situation
jax: Normal is an archtype that cannot be defined or achieved
Kyria: Doesn't Charles say that usually the humans fall in love first and the wolf welcomes the person later, most of the time?
jax: I believe he did
Patti: Yes.
Kyria: but within that paradigm, there's still a lot of leeway
Janilee: I thought Samuel said something like that as well.
Kyria: possibly
jax: I think it may be the going philosophy, but I'm sure every couple experiences are differenht. It may also depend on the way the human/wolf interact. CLearly, the ones we've seen are special cases
jax: Sam, Charles, Bran, Adam, Mercy - they aren't the average members of that society
Elle: I wonder if we'll see something of Christy's experiences at all if and when we do meet her
Patti: Interesting question.
Janilee: Tom is even fairly high up in the hierarchy as Moira is the unusual powerful white witch
Patti: She was wife, not mate, though.
jax: She's not? I thought they had that bond.
lostbird from x.x.x.86 joined the chat 30 minutes ago
Kyria: No, she was just wife
jax: Hi lostbird.
Kyria: I don't remember where that got specified, but I know I read it.
Janilee: There is also the fact that these are the people of the story so their experience must be intense so we get a plot.
lostbird: hey ... #;-)
Elle: no but being married to him she has some insight into pack life....I know most of the pack aren't interested in the human spouses but being the alphas spouse I think she was more involved
Janilee: Patti,  who is just a wife?
Elle: no they weren't mated...if they had been Adam wouldn't have divorved her
Patti: Was, Christie.
Elle: Hi lostbird. :)
Janilee: Thank you
lostbird: Hi Elle
Janilee: hello Lostbird
jax: Oh! I thought you were talking about Moira
lostbird: Hi Janilee
Elle: no...but love her, Jax! :)
Elle: she's a mate...I don't think she's a pack member though
Kyria: no, remember, doesn't Bran say that he didn't know that ANYONE who wasn't a werewolf could be Pack?
Kyria: human, walker, witch, whatever?
jax: Me too! I do love seeing the other packs, seeing how other people run things. I'd love to see more of the Marrock's pack, and see how the pack in Chicago has changed
jax: Yeah, Mercy surprised everyone, as usual. :)
Elle: It would be interesting to see a pack that was so powerful...I have to wonder if Boyd is still Alpha there
Kyria: I had the impression that it was unlikely he would be Alpha for long
Elle: He didnt' seem that powerful of an Alpha
Janilee: There was somethig in MC that suggested the  Chicago pack was switched around
jax: No, but Bran will surely be watching that pack for a long time
Patti: But Moon Called was written before Alpha and Omega.
Janilee: True
Patti: Possibly some other dominant wolf will come from outside that Chicago pack - maybe the other one? - and challenge for the position.
jax: Don't alpha challenges have to be approved by Bran first?
lostbird: That's what I assumed ... Boyd was third, behind Jason?
Janilee: That is possible, but Bran could bring someone in
lostbird: Jax, yes, that was made clear in SB
Kyria: I would bet that Bran would suggest a wolf.  I got the impression that Boyd, even being most dominant surviving member of the Pack, wasn't strong enough to hold the pack
lostbird: I agree with Kyria
Elle: the wolves there seemed like they didn't really respect Boyd that much...I could see Bran moving in someone else
Kyria: so maybe there wouldn't even have to be a fight.
lostbird: I think it's been made clear the Bran likes to "decide" who goes where
Kyria: Boyd might realize that anybody Bran would send in, could wipe the floor with him.
lostbird: Remember when Charles told Anna that his father would try to get her to go where he needed her
Kyria: and not even try to protest
Janilee: We know he moved Adam to fix a problem
Kyria: but that he wouldn't/couldn't force her.
jax: Yeah, I just don't see him punishing Boyd with a fight for alpha - can Bran appoint someone without there being a fight?
lostbird: Yeah, K
Patti: Well... not always because there were so few Alphas who would be safe to send the 13 year old werewolf girl to.
lostbird: I think Bran would watch Boyd before deciding to send someone else in to challenge
Patti: Some alphas have to come up without Bran's manipulating it.
Janilee: Fixing a problem with adult wolves and fixing the problem of a 13 year old are different things
jax: Especially a girl
lostbird: Patti, I agree, but maybe Bran focuses on the packs closest in hierarchy to his own
Patti: Absolutely, Janilee, but it still says to me that Bran doesn't have final say on who is Alpha in every American pack.
lostbird: We don't usually hear much about any packs except
lostbird: Columbia Basin, Seattle, Chicago
Elle: I like to think he's got a finger in every pie...he does meet with all the Alphas once a year
Patti: And Aspen Creek, true.
Janilee: Perhaps it is a you must inform me when a change occurs type of thing
lostbird: We heard very little about the pack near Kara Beckwith's home (in Virginia?)
jax from x.x.x.34 joined the chat 19 minutes ago
Kyria: Are we sure Chicago is one of the high up packs?  or just holding an important position.
Elle: he many not pick every one but he knows who they are
lostbird: I don't think Chicago was, necessarily, a high one
jax: It may not be, but it got itself in a helluva lot of trouble
Kyria: I just see us viewing the packs who are most relevant to the story.
Kyria: true, true, jax
lostbird: But I think it caused a lot of trouble and got his attention
CarolKat: maybe Bran will merge the 2 packs
jax: We don't have any idea how many packs there are in Bran's territory?
Patti: Do you suppose Adam couldn't draw strength from Mercy after the fire because he burnt out the mate bond?
lostbird: Patti, I do
Kyria: or because he thought she was dead
Elle: There are about 2000 wolves in NA and if they packs are around 20-30
Piper: I do too Patti
lostbird: Remember near the end of SB when Bran walked Mercy through the CBs pack bonds
lostbird: he said something about a bond forged of necessity
Janilee: That would be my supposition.
Elle: that's only about 100 packs or so give or take...
Kyria: Mercy and Adam's mate bond was pretty tattered
lostbird: i think the bond that was formed, initiallly, may have been vulnerable
lostbird: to begin with
Kyria: because it wasn't totally burnt out anymore.
jax: And Mercy was unsure of it, and didn't learn how to use it
Kyria: Otherwise Mercy wouldn't have seen his flashback.
Kyria: Also, Adam isn't as old as Sam
Kyria: Sam has mystical ancient-wolf powers (cue corny music)
lostbird: lol
jax: :D
lostbird: That's another chat
Janilee: When the 13yo was brought up didn't Mercy say something about with 100 alphas to choose from only a hand-ful could be trusted wiht that job?
jax: yes
lostbird: I'd love to talk about the difference between a witch-born wolf
lostbird: a made wolf
lostbird: and a born wolf
jax: I'm not sure of the number, but she said something to that effect
Kyria: the ones who are born witches, are still made
Kyria: they still have to be attacked
Kyria: except Charles, who is special.
lostbird: hmmm...that's not what I understood
jax: And Charles is the only born wolf...
Janilee: I believe Charles is the only 'born wolf"
lostbird: I guess I've intrpreted it differently
Janilee: snap
lostbird: the fact that Bran's mother turned both Bran and Sam
lostbird: I thought that was one of the "gifts" of her witch family
Kyria: I thought she had one of her "pets" attack them
jax: Yeah, I thought that was done by magic
Elle: she only turned them by fact of having them attacked by her wolf
Kyria: I don't think she created werewolves.
lostbird: similar to Mariposa's family
Elle: I don't think there was any magic involved in that
Janilee: werewolf magic
jax: She created Bran and Sam - but I don't remeber how
Kyria: Mariposa's family could take an already existing werewolf and steal it
Kyria: but not create a wolf.
lostbird: So then, when Anna says in HG that Bran is witch-born, why do you think she would make that distinction
Kyria: because Bran's grandmother was a witch
Kyria: so as a human... he was a witch
Patti: She had another werewolf she'd enslaved attack them; their being "witchborn" as of her blood had nothing to do with their being werewolves.
Elle: Because his mother is a witch isn't it? That's what I took from it
lostbird: Sam's grandmother ... Bran's mother
Janilee: possible witch
Kyria: Sorry you're right. his mother.
Patti: Bran's mother was a black witch, and Bran could have been one, if he had wanted to.
lostbird: I don't know ... that's not what I read ... I think magic had to be involved
Janilee: What is left of that is Brans ability to speak to others
lostbird: maybe not completely, but enough to make a significant difference down the road
jax: And in the berserker state, he 'burned out' some of his own powers?
Elle: Charles could have been a witch as well...gifts from his mother and father side
lostbird: Right! He's the only one that can do that outside the mating bond
Patti: In their heads, right, he has projective but not receptive telepathy due to the misuse his mother made of him.
lostbird: mates can do it
lostbird: but not non-mates who are just pack members
Patti: Or Charles could have been a shaman/medicine man.
jax: But he could 'feel' some of Mercy - wonder if he's starting to 'heal' or if it's just Mercy
lostbird: unless they combine their abilities, like they did to get into Mercy
lostbird: Mercy's head
jax: Mercy has a pack bond. Most mates who aren't pack only have mate bond
lostbird: Jax, I wonder about that, too
Janilee: I believe that the ability to recieve from MArcy was a combined gift of the walking stick and the forest fae. Remember it was a forest fae that held the stick originally
lostbird: I suspect it's Mercy, only because Patty has said she doesn't want to go into Bran
lostbird: with his own story, i mean
Janilee: Mercy not MArcy
Patti: Where do you get that a forest fae held the stick originally?
lostbird: wasn't it made by "Luge,"
Janilee: The place that Mercy checked out on the reservation.
lostbird: maybe he/she was a forest fae
Kyria: Lugh
jax: It could be a mix of the stick and Mercy. It's a shame we'll only get pieces of Bran.
lostbird: what she said ... #;-)
Elle: The forest fae was it's guardian. Hendrick but I think he was a guardian for a few relics
Kyria: Lugh wasn't a forest fae that I know of.  but I don't know much of his story. Only that he made things.
Piper: I think the walking stick had a lot to do with Bran fininding Mercy
Janilee: I meant from when it was stolen from the walla walla reservation not its inception
Piper: IMHO
Patti: The stick was made by Lugh, and who knows why or for whom initially?  Somehow it found its way to the farmer... that's all that we know of the istory.
lostbird: I agree, Piper
jax: Lugh is a Celtic 'god' I can't remember much about him, except he's affiliated with the sun, and he usually has something to do with spears
Elle: Yes, Janilee your'e right. it was stolen from Hendrick
lostbird: Bran as much as said it himself
Janilee: He has a silver arm
jax: Lugh? Really? Like I said, I only know a little about him
Janilee: Depending on the texts he is a god or a king
Kyria: I know he fought fomori.  and I was thinking he was a god of sorts.  and he made things.  Spears in particular.
Kyria: but yeah, stolen from the forest fae
lostbird: um...i'm thinking the only reason the forest fae had the stick in the first place
lostbird: was because they (the fae) were collecting all their "things of power" to keep them safe
lostbird: so the forest fae may only have been the caretaker
jax: And the stick hadn't found a better place to be? :D
Kyria: knowing the stick, Jax is probably right
lostbird: Exactly! Until it "perceived" Mercy
Patti: It likes life with Mercy, it's adventurous.
Elle: I only think he had it because he was one of the more powerful fae on the reservation. not strong enough though apparently. :D
jax: and protective
lostbird: And, she's kind of pure of heart
Janilee: that could be. I was assuming he was caretaker because he could handle its power most easily making it easier for another forest lord to use its power
lostbird: i know that sounds corny
Piper: LOL!! That she is!!
jax: no, it's true
lostbird: at least
lostbird: he doesn't discriminate against the fae
lostbird: she has a live and let live attitude about most creatures
lostbird: I mean "She" doesn't discriminate...
Patti: He who?
lostbird: sorry ... typo
Patti: She who?
lostbird: Mercy
jax: I don't think most of the fae use the objects of power that they have. They just hold onto them
lostbird: that's right
Janilee: Remember her being angry about being made hungry enough to eat the bird she considers amusing? :)
Elle: I'm going to clear the board everyone. :) hang on just a second
Patti: Mercy is anti-discrimination; she has good reason to be.
lostbird: they are precious to the fae because the fae havebeen losing power

Created at Chatzy.com
Hurog Means Dragon.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Re: Briggs Book Chat: Free For All Chat May 02, 2010
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 05:50:18 pm »
Hurog Chat
Visible content as of Mon May  3 00:43:09 2010 GMT (21 KB)
Page 1 of 1 - Char 1 to 22101 - Newest entries at the bottom
Elle from x.x.x.139 cleared the room 37 minutes ago
Elle: thanks
Artangel from x.x.x.185 joined the chat 37 minutes ago
Artangel: Hi guys!
lostbird: hi artangel
Piper: Hi Art!xxx
Janilee: Hello ArtAngle
jax: Hi Art!
Elle: Hi Artangel :)
Patti: Hi, Art.
lostbird: the thing about the stick and Mercy
Kyria: hi!
lostbird: Mercy never uses the stick for her own welfare
lostbird: not directly, anyway
jax: Mercy is a catalyst
lostbird: great word! yes, jax
jax: Being with her is a good place for the stick to be, and do the most good
lostbird: i think the moment mercy uses the stick for her own ends
Patti: Oh, yes, and yes, and yes.
Janilee: Whether or not they use the artifacts of power the fae would probably covet and hoard those closest to their abilities
Kyria: byebye stick?
jax: In part, because Mercy tries to do the best thing, and that's rarely a selfish act
lostbird: it will find its way either back to the fae rez or into someone else's care
Elle: are we comfortable talking spoilers at all? or did you guys want to hold off on that?
Janilee: Yes, and when it goes it will burn whosoever is in its wake.
lostbird: yeah, scary to thinkabout that
jax: Spoilers are fine with me, Elle
lostbird: spoilers for SB?
lostbird: i thought we were done with spoilers
Kyria: fine w me too
Elle: No for River Walk
Janilee: I presume if you're here you'd have read
jax: I haven't read much on that one yet, so sure :)
lostbird: i'm okay with talk of RW
lostbird: do we actually know anything?
Janilee: No one has read RiverWalk how can there be spoilers only speculation.
Elle: we did get that tidbit about the walking stick from Patty
lostbird: lol ... what shesaid
Kyria: wait what tidbit?
Patti: Er, River Marked, there is a vague suggestion of what's going on with it.
Kyria: where is this tidbit?
lostbird: what is the tidbit?
lostbird: i don't remember the stick at all
jax: I missed that!
jax: Mercy and Adam gonna' have twins? :P
Elle: that it will show its fae side (the not good one)
CarolKat: tidbits from interviews with Patti on the SB tour
lostbird: oh my...
Janilee: I was basing the burn on the sheep story with the farm being flooded.
Kyria: Mercy does have that sheep necklace...
lostbird: perhaps the stick is bored
lostbird: being good all the time
Kyria: bored sticks can't be good.
lostbird: these things do have minds of their own
Elle: sorry...it's in one of the many interviews that Patty has been doing recently. I couldn't tell you which specific one sorry
jax: In what way would it's other side manifest?
lostbird: or maybe the stick falls into the hands of one ofthe RM walkers
Piper: Mom fail.....my kiddlets are hungery, need to mak dinner.....have fun.......TTFN
Janilee: It flooded a farm once.
jax: It's done flooding...Mercy's already dealt with fire...Ice storm?
lostbird: by piper
Janilee: See ya Piper!
jax: Bye Piper!
Kyria: bye piper
lostbird: earthquake
Patti: Bye, Piper.
Elle: it's always been helpful to Mercy...but not sure if Mercy is almost expecting it now...and when she does...bang. bites her :D we'll see though
lostbird: it is the west coast afterall
Kyria: hmmm flooding in a book called "River Marked"?
Janilee: Wind, hail,
lostbird: oh, Elle, that's interesting
jax: LOL That would make sense...either the earthquake or the flood
jax: Elle, that is a good thought
lostbird: expectation is the other side of gratitude
lostbird: sort of
lostbird: you don't want to thank a fae
lostbird: and you don't want to take a fae artifact for granted
lostbird: especially when it's hanging around
Elle: it will interesting to see what happens with it
Janilee: What if there is a monster in the river near where Samuel almost went in. It was expecting a feast and was thwarted?
Kyria: ooo htat would be interesting
lostbird: wouldn't that necessitate Sam being a big part of RM?
jax: Rivers and Mercy seem to have problems....flooding, foster father drowning, Sam trying to drown...
Kyria: Didn't Adam almost drown once too?
Kyria: in... IK?
Janilee: The swamp thing
jax: Is Sam not supposed to be a part of RM?
Kyria: yeah
lostbird: no, i mean, Sam just had his "story" ... would Patty make him part of the focus again?
Janilee: Well, as the almost feast he'd have already played a part.
Patti: From Mr. Mike at an earlier chat comes the following:
Patti: Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfaXt1rC2G0  Check out "Mary's Hill" on google  http://www.ochcom.org/chinook/  legend that may play into River Marked
Patti: Woops, probably not the youtube link, Talyn probably sent me that.
Patti: But Mary's Hill.
Kyria: I don't think Sam would be the focus, but maybe the fae would blame Mercy for stopping Samuel from finishing the job
Elle: I think we'll see some of Sam in RM...I wonder if Stefan will come back
Kyria: Sam better not be completely missing from RM
jax: LOL I was wondering about that link
Kyria: but I hope Stefan makes an appearance
Patti: Well, he could go into the water a lot better than a sinking werewolf.
jax: Very true
Kyria: good point...
lostbird: yes, I think Stefan will be more prominent because there are going to be walkers
lostbird: and vampires and walkers don't mix well
lostbird: with the single exception of Mercy
Elle: I'd be curious to see how Stefan is now
Kyria: me too, Elle
Kyria: and good point lostbird
jax: And Mercy has problems with most vamps anyway
jax: I do want to know whats going on with Stefan, and see if these walkers have any family ties to Mercy
Patti: More the vamps have trouble with walkers.
lostbird: perhaps we'll see the vamps and the fae unite against the walkers
Janilee: Stefan is healing from emotional damage he will show up soon
lostbird: in some way
jax: He's got to rebuild with his flock of humans, since the bonds were destroyed
lostbird: i hope Stefan is "changed" by the mistress's betrayal
Elle: I wonder if we'll see a different Stefan when we see him again. He's tough though...he's had to be
jax: I think we will.
lostbird: i hope he is more wary
lostbird: of her
Elle: Jax, I think Marsilia has the ability to sever and recreated them doesn't she? or just sever them?
jax: I thought he had to repair them
Janilee: I doubt he'll be changed much. He said he understood being used.
Kyria: He's her soldier.  but we'll see how it goes.
Kyria: I hope he's at least a little bit more wary of her.
jax: I'd have to reread that. Logic and feelings do not go hand in hand. He can say that, and still react in a very different manner
Janilee: True
jax: I don't see him reconciling quickly with Marisilia.
Elle: I would love for Stefan to stage a coup...I dont' think he ever will though. That's not him...but I'd love for someone to challenge Marisila
Kyria: brb, gotta go get my laundry.
jax: k
jax: He's as much of a leader as Shaggy. I believe that he could lead, but he prefers to protect.
Elle: Jax. lol
Janilee: He'd have a mess on his hands with Marisila's  seethe
Patti: It would be interesting if something happened to Marsilia and he had to step in as Master of the Seethe.
Elle: The others would have followed him...they respected him. I think if he wanted to lead he'd be a good one...it's just not something that he wants...who knows though...maybe that will change
Janilee: Wulf would be the main problem
Elle: Definintely Janilee...Wulfe is a wildcard
jax: I don't see Wulf standing in his way. Marisilia has been off balance for decades. It may be time for new leadership, and Stefan is best in touch with the times
Janilee: Her seethe follows her because of ties. Stefan does not have those ties.
Patti: He is; and I hope he feels he has enough responsibilities with being wizard as well as vampire.
jax: It wouldn't be his first choice, but if the seethe needing protection from her behavior...I don't think Stefan will truely be as understanding of her nonsense anymore
Kyria: Stefan will defend Marsilia anyway
Janilee: We don't know of Wulf has those ties and I don't know if those ties work laterally.
Janilee: I remember reading somewhere that when Marisila was exiled some of the vampires that went with her were not hers
jax: I don't think Stefan would attack her without real cause, but I don't think he'll defend or protect her. The wounds she inflicted will take a long time to heal
Janilee: He does have the very long habit of being her protector though
jax: The two that plotted against her - there was a trial and I think they got sent away. All the rest should be hers. Except the ones those two created.
Elle: Both Bernard and Estelle weren't...I just feel bad for Stefan but I kind of see him a bit like Samuel...very old but somehow kind of fragile
Janilee: Was Wulf hers or someone elses?
jax: He does, but he completely walked away from her.
jax: I'm not sure, but now that you mention it, I think not
Janilee: Stefan told Marisila he would be back, just not soon.
Janilee: There is a strange resemblance between Samuel and Stefan.
jax: Well, in vampire terms, that could be longer than Mercy's lifespan
Kyria: I see it as being his honor to protect her... and just because she didn't uphold her side of whatever was between them, he won't see it as an excuse to not defend her.
Kyria: good point tho jax
lostbird: i think if it came down to a choice between Mercy and Marsilia, i think, at this point
lostbird: Mercy would win Stefan's loyalty
Elle: good point, lostbird. I think she would as well
Janilee: Stefan knows Marisila is not well defended at the moment. That will bother his sense of the world.
lostbird: i wonder if that will be part of RM
lostbird: i don't think Marsilia will be able to ignore more walkers
jax: That would put Mercy at risk - and that means big decisions for Stefan
Janilee: I believe Marisila is smart enough not to put him through a test with Mercy and loyalty at the moment. She got her way over Andre and the others.
Elle: it could get a pretty ugly in the next book when you look at it like that...if they reveal themselves have they put themselves in danger of being discovered by the vamps again
lostbird: right, Elle
jax: *nods*
lostbird: i can't fathom how Patty would be able to bring out walkers and NOT have the vamps involved
lostbird: so that's why i think the fae andvamps might cooperate on some level
yulerule from x.x.x.246 joined the chat 4 minutes ago
lostbird: hi yulerule
yulerule: hello all
Janilee: They (walkers) can reveal themselves to Mercy and not the Vampires.
lostbird: um, how???
Elle: Hi yulerule
lostbird: give me a context
Janilee: Hello Yulerule
yulerule: yes, janilee, that was what i was thinking
yulerule: maybe mercy travels somewhere
Kyria: maybe they're coming into view because they're saying "we've recovered from the vampires killing us off last time, and now it's time to kick some vampire butt... hey look, a bunch of vampires."
lostbird: hmmmm...*thinking*
Janilee: Coyotes (and I know not all walkers are coyotes) are good at blending in.
Patti: Well, if Mercy & Adam are away from the Tri-Cities, and the Seethe, they could meet a walker or two.
yulerule: yes, definitly
Elle: They could for sure...but to come out of hiding poses issues that the vamps or maybe menagerie get knowledge of them
Kyria: hmmmm...
jax: Are they going to be away from Tri-Cities?
lostbird: if M&A are traveling, doesn't that mean the river of RM would not be local?
Janilee: If they only reveal themselves to Mercy, how does the Seethe know?
Patti: Check out "Mary's Hill" on google  http://www.ochcom.org/chinook/  legend that may play into River Marked
yulerule: My personal theory is that the walkers will reveal themselves only to Mercy at soome point while she's away from the tri-cities
lostbird: janilee, are you thinking that most walkers are coyotes?
Patti: From what Mike said last time he was on a chat.
yulerule: how do you knw that the seethe knows?
jax: supposition at this point, yulerule
lostbird: yr, we're just speculating
Elle: we don't know it's just speculation on what would happen really
Patti: That the seethe knows what?
lostbird: where there are walkers, there are walker-hating vamps
Janilee: No, but coyotes make an easy analogy with Mercy's ability.
lostbird: i'd like to see a wolf walker
Elle: I'm gong to clear the room again everyone...hang on for a second and don't post
lostbird: and an eagle walker

Created at Chatzy.com

Hurog Chat
Visible content as of Mon May  3 01:19:45 2010 GMT (17 KB)
Page 1 of 1 - Char 1 to 17816 - Newest entries at the bottom
Elle from x.x.x.139 cleared the room 36 minutes ago
Elle: thanks everyone
Piper from x.x.x.158 joined the chat 36 minutes ago
lostbird: both wolves and eagles are major symbols in NA mythology
Janilee: Yes
Kyria: I'm still in favor of a raven walker
Elle: I'd be happy with any kind of NA predator
lostbird: i would like to see this "species" expanded
Janilee: may happen
Janilee: we're all speculating
lostbird: but back to M&A traveling...
lostbird: do you think this makes sense?
lostbird: cuz I can't see it
lostbird: just asking
Kyria: Vegas wedding anybody?
Kyria: lol
Kyria: I know, I know... its been done.
Patti: What is it about them going somewhere that doesn't make sense?
lostbird: do you think Mercy's mom would let them???
Elle: I'd like to see them elope but who knows what will happen
Patti: Geeze, they're 30 something and 50 something respectively.
yulerule: why would they elope/ no reason to
Piper: Mercy's mom
Elle: i don't think that she could stop them if they really wanted to
Kyria: Mercy doesn't want her mom to make a huge white wedding
Patti: Considering it would be pot calling the kettle black, I can't see them letting her stop them.
yulerule: and I'm not  sure that she dissaproves
Kyria: but yeah if they really wanted to, Margi couldn't stop them
Elle: I see it as just wanted to get married to each other and not waiting
Janilee: flight instead of fight?
Patti: Who says it's a wedding trip.  It could be a short vacation away from pack and stuff.
Elle: Adam does travel a lot for business
jax: They need it, after all that Henry, Paul and MJ put them through, not to mention the Tim stuff
Janilee: With the time Patty packs into a book it could be a camping week-end
jax: Some time for just them. Shame to know that it will probably get interrupted. :P
lostbird: i can't see Adam not wanting Jessie there
Kyria: good point.  and taking your daughter along when you elope is not very romantical
lostbird: sorry ... had a teenage crisis and walked away, i'm out of sync
Janilee: Fror a week-end or awedding?
lostbird: weekend, yes ... elopement, no!
Janilee: Pack bonding week-end in the woods?
lostbird: kyria, lol
Kyria: well? its true.
lostbird: oh, good one ... pack bonding ... maybe
lostbird: i could see that
Kyria: There is precedent for a pack bonding trip to the wilderness
Kyria: as seen in CW, when Asil talks about Bran taking them all to Yellowstone
Patti: Like Bran does?  The Yellowstone trip Asil was remembering - jinx!
lostbird: so following that thought?
Piper: If and when they do get married, I think it will be a small intimate affair with those who mean the most to them.
Elle: I don't see them gettign married at all in the next book. maybe they'll talk about but I'd actually like to see something like Charles and Anna had....just a mention of it...I don't really want to see the actually wedding
lostbird: they encounter the walkers on a pack-bonding camping trip?
jax: I can see that too
jax: gotta get the kids to bed
lostbird: this would, of course, bring up Mercy's feelings about her NA roots
Piper: Bye Jax...xoxo
Elle: Bye Jax
lostbird: cuz I seem to recall that she thinks of all NA history as being "sad"
lostbird: bye jax ... nitenite to the kiddies!
Janilee: The last 200 years or so.
Kyria: bye jax
Elle: Maybe the walkers seek her out in the Tri-Cities and they go to the wilderness to deal with the river monster
Patti: Night, Jax.
Janilee: Good-by Jax.
lostbird: because coyote is a trickster and they need her special talents
lostbird: yes, i love this thought
Elle: I don't really see Mercy as "Coyote" coyote though...I don't know that her walker abilities are any more or any less than other walkers
lostbird: though, i wonder what the "marked" of river marked refers to
Janilee: Maybe there is a River monster they (walkers) see needs dealing with and two parties (Walkers and wolves) show up withthe same idea.
lostbird: the "borne" of silver borne was that it was created by Silver (Ariana)
Patti: I agree; she's got a little more affinity for chaos than most, but not to any Deity level.
Janilee: A fish walker?
lostbird: Elle, but clearly, the fae see her as "Coyote" because they mention it a lot!
Patti: Wonder if it means someone will end up marked by it in some significant way?
lostbird: well, no I don't think she's a deity
Elle: I kind of wonder if the type of animal the walkers shift into are family related...so that mercy's family, her father maybe...was a coyote but other walker families have different totems
lostbird: but I think her personalities has some of coyote's qualities
lostbird: which is why she's so adaptable
lostbird: interesting, Elle
Janilee: The fae see her as like Coyote. Patty has said in interviews Mercy is not The Coyote.
Patti: I expect so, Elle.
lostbird: right ... i agree ... mercy is not coyote
lostbird: but she has some coyote qualities
Kyria: I think that Mercy is like Coyote in the same way that wild coyotes are like coyote
Kyria: The deity had to get its reputation from somewhere.
lostbird: true enough, K
Kyria: coyotes are adaptable, intelligent, and probably got into a lot of trouble over the years as a result.  Mercy... does the same
Janilee: Adaptable, camouflaged, smart
Kyria: jinx janilee... :)
Patti: Don't forget elusive.
Janilee: Which is why I think they could contact Mercy and the vampires not know about it.
Elle: Good point, Janilee...they have been hiding all this time really well.
lostbird: yes, J, I can see that as well ... good point
Elle: Wow. 2 hours. everyone. :)
lostbird: we're having a water crisis in the northeast, so i've gotta run...
lostbird: to fill water bottles for the kids for school tomorrow
Janilee: Near Boston?
lostbird: cheers everyone! 'til next time ... #;-)
lostbird: Yes ... I'm in Arlington
Elle: night :)
Piper: bye lostbird
Janilee: Good-by lostbird
lostbird: bye
lostbird from x.x.x.86 left the chat 17 minutes ago
Elle: Any speculation on the next Alpha and Omega? We know nothing really
Elle: It'll be the first book not within the confines of the Moon Called storyline
Janilee: Charles and Anna go to stop werewolf trouble somewhere?
Patti: Heh, no bet, Janilee
Patti: Wonder if it could be in/near DC?
Elle: nah. I don't think so. ;)
Janilee: Why Patti?
Kyria: Charles and Anna have been fairly geographically transient thus far
Elle: Around Blood Bound you mean? So when Adam cancelled Charles stepped in?
Patti: Because the werewolves coming out was right about then.
Kyria: Wait, CHARLES replace Adam as one of the faces of the wolves?
Janilee: Ah. I can see a chase scene through the war memorials on the Mall.
Elle: Not saying that revealed himself to the public but they did have some secret government meetings in DC that Adam was supposed to go to
Kyria: I can't see Charles being a public wolf.  But I can envision that scene, too, Janilee.
Elle: I could see Charles being there as a troubleshooter
Kyria: "I'm not a wolf, don't look at me"... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Kyria: ?
Patti: Insert Anna to the procedings to keep the negotiating werewolves calm?
Janilee: Could she remain calm enough in a Senate Committee meeting to pass the calmness on to others?
Kyria: Now that I could see.  Although I can't see Charles being happy with it.  Or Brother Wolf
Kyria: The senators aren't dominant wolves
Kyria: And there probably aren't as many dominant wolves present as there were in HG
Janilee: No but they are top predators used to badgering their own way.
Elle: Adam is first after the Cornick family for the Marrok position. It makes sense to have a powerful wolf there at any procedings.
yulerule: I had to catch up, and mercy and trouble... noyjing really interesting happened to her before the books (obviously), but still :)
Elle: maybe Everett? :D
yulerule: somehow I don't think Charkes would go to DC
yulerule: or maybehe would
Patti: Elle, do you mean staying in the Puget Sound region?
Kyria: Who's Everett?
Elle: sorry what?
yulerule: Everett I think is 5th most dominant wolf
Patti: We're both asking what you meant by "Maybe Everett"
Elle: Everett is the Houston Alpha
Kyria: Thank you!
Elle: and yes...5th most dominant in NA
Kyria: Isn't that from Mercy's foster father's list when she was little?  he might not be there anymore.
Kyria: or he might.
Janilee: Perhaps they could avert an international incident in the SW?
Elle: Patti, I didn't understand the Puget Sound reference
Patti: The next city north of Seattle, where Hunting Ground happened is Everett.
Elle: ah...all is revealed. thank you Patti.
Patti: Very egocentric of me to go for that, heh.
Kyria: haha.
Elle: I'd like to see Charles and Anna in the big city. I'm going to vote for the Washington DC storyline. who knows though...I don't even think that Patti has thought of starting this one yet
Janilee: She's thought of it and put it off.
Patti: I thought I read in one of the interviews that she had at least a good idea what the next Anna and Charles book would be.
Patti: Jinx, Janilee
Janilee: Not that I blame her. Although I don't think rewriting Masques was the break she thought it would be.
Elle: if she has she hasn't spilled anything. :D
Patti: Truth there, Elle!
Elle: Maybe when we get a title speculation will be easier. lol
Janilee: They've done Chicago, though the city wasn't much in the storyline. They've done the woods. They've done the nw coast.
Patti: Not much closer to what she'll write, though.
Kyria: although the Charles/Anna titles aren't as leading as Mercy's
Elle: true Kyria
Patti: I'd really like it if there was more of the native stuff in it, though.
Janilee: They have stuck to the areas that Patty is most familiar with. Where has she been traveling to sign books?
Elle: Maybe they'll do a Conclave in Colorado?
Janilee: They have stuck to the areas Patty knows. Where has she been travelling to sign books?
Elle: All the Alphas and their seconds
Janilee: I'm experiencing lag here.
Elle: might be too similar to Hunting Ground though
Elle: Let me clear. Hang on everyone

Created at Chatzy.com

Hurog Chat
Visible content as of Mon May  3 01:27:24 2010 GMT (2 KB)
Page 1 of 1 - Char 1 to 2283 - Newest entries at the bottom
Elle from x.x.x.139 cleared the room 7 minutes ago
Patti: Or I wonder if more with the European wolves could happen, since they made the effort to come to the US?
Janilee: Patti has been to the Twin Cities, Florida, Colorado. South American wolves might be part of the storyline.
Kyria: Twin Cities meaning Minnesota?
Janilee: It would be nice if Anna's friendship with the other Omega could continue. Yes Minnesota
Janilee: Patty had a signing at Uncle Hugo's in Minnesota
Elle: We could see the corporate headquarters in colorado...haven't see those yet.
Kyria: tnx (the city I live in now calls itself and its neighbor the "twin cities" and it confuzzles me sometimes.)
Janilee: Ah. Having lived in Minnesota (among other places) The Twin c
Janilee: Cities for me are St. PAul and Minneapolis. Unless I'm in a Buda and Paest mode.
Janilee: When was a corporate HQ in Colorado mentioned?
Kyria: Well I'm from Iowa.. I'm used to Minneapolis/St. Paul being the twin cities, but came over here for grad school and found out that they don't have a monopoly.  Anyway... Minnesota would be a fun place to take Anna and Charles.
Janilee: I've lived in Iowa too. Brother born there.
Kyria: So off topic, but what part?
Elle: Sorry Janilee. Moon called
Janilee: Wolves running through the flat corn fields. Different scene than running through D.C. Marshaltown
Elle: Thanks for the chat everyone. :) I'll pop back later and grab the rest of the transcript. :)

Created at Chatzy.com

Hurog Means Dragon.