Author Topic: KERI ARTHUR  (Read 19520 times)

Mary

• Grease Monkey
    • blog
KERI ARTHUR
« on: October 29, 2007, 12:34:28 am »
I see this author is not in the list so I will add her. Like Patricia Briggs, one of her series is about werevols:

Riley Jenson Guardian
1. Full Moon Rising (2006)
2. Kissing Sin (2007)
3. Tempting Evil (2007)
4. Dangerous Games (2007)
5. Embraced By Darkness (2007)
6. The Darkest Kiss (2008)

These books are vey full of action, and are also very sensual.
She writes: "Wolves mate for life, but before they find their true mate, tey are very very free"
A rare hybrid of vampire and werewolf, Riley Jenson and her twin brother, Rhoan, work for Melbourne's Directorate of Other Races, an organization created to police the supernatural races-and protect humans from their depredations. While Rhoan is an exalted guardian, a.k.a. assassin, Riley is merely an office worker-until her brother goes missing on one of his missions. The timing couldn't be worse. More werewolf than vampire, Riley is vulnerable to the moon heat, the weeklong period before the full moon, when her need to mate becomes all-consuming.…

Luckily Riley has two willing partners to satisfy her every need. But she will have to control her urges if she's going to find her brother….Easier said than done as the city pulses with frenzied desire, and Riley is confronted with a very powerful-and delectably naked-vamp who raises her temperature like never before.

In matters carnal, Riley has met her match. But in matters criminal, she must follow her instincts not only to find her brother but to stop an unholy harvest. For someone is doing some shifty cloning in an attempt to produce the ultimate warrior-by tapping into the genome of nonhumans like Rhoan. Now Riley knows just how dangerous the world is for her kind-and just how much it needs her.

If you love Nalini singh's books, you will love these also.
to read is to change

tmpinsnty

• Grease Monkey
Re: KERI ARTHUR
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 02:55:36 pm »
I Have read the first 2.5 of the series...i lost interest on Dangerous Games... She also has some ebooks out at fictionwise that were good...The memory dark series i believe

DogPatch

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 03:30:31 pm »
I have read all of KA's Riley's books.  It didn't take me long to read them because I usually skip raw sex scenes, and from I could tell, that's what most of the story line was.  I loved the premise of the books but not the sex just to have sex stuff.  I guess I'm a prude.

berneynator

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 07:43:17 pm »
Not a prude- I really like Riley's unashamed attitude and her personality, the books are well-written and have cool story lines, but gratuitous sex isn't what I look for in a book, either- and there's a LOT of that.

Gerd D.

• Auto-Zauberer
  • "Bunnies! It might be bunnies!"
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 03:27:49 am »
Hmm, never read Keri Arthur and from I read here I guess I have to reevaluate her books and mark them as erotic rather than romance. Which means that I'm not likely to ever read any of them...

“Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.”

Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"

Temari

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 06:52:17 am »
I've read several of this series and thought they were fun and very readable. I don't think that the sex scenes are gratuitous; it's just that the heroine likes jumping anything that moves! So having her do so it not a break in the story, but it does happen a lot. I still felt though that the main genre of these books is action/adventure. The sex/romance just fits around the action.

DogPatch

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 08:02:25 am »
I agree.  Not so much erotica as lots of action???  I do like the story line, I just not to read about that many sexual escapades by one character. 

I didn't mean to dissuade anyone from reading them.  Read more!  Read everything!  Read the good ones again! ;)

CandyAss

• Mechanic
    • MySpace.com/librasdarkness
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 05:51:03 pm »
yeah this series has alot of sex, but also a story.. I like the Riley character and the rest of the characters are great.   I haven't read the latest two in the series, but I think that the more Riley gets close to someone the less sex between multiple people... also I think maybe in the Riley Jensen World that the wolfs are very very sexual and that is just part of world.  Sometimes the authors just write how the world and characters come to them, they don't try to censor that.  Could she cut down on the sex?  sure, but maybe that would be cheating her characters and her writing. 

But ya know that's just me rambling :D
no matter what your tastes are, just read what you enjoy
and give away what you don't - people love free sh!t   ;D
"You're my density... I mean, my Destiny" - George McFly

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 03:24:59 pm »
When I first read her first book years ago I thought it was more erotic; then after the second and third ones I started to see a fascinating plot that arched throughout the books. Then the characters really developed more, as well. So I think Arthur has polished and matured the series and characters to where I would definitely call it urban fantasy instead of erotic paranormal romance. There is still sex and sexual tension - but the series has almost done a reverse LKH :) Less sex and more plot :)
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

rox_squirrel

• Mechanic
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 07:28:12 pm »
i've read all of the books in the series.  i reallllllly want the next one and there isn't even an excerpt on her website that i can find  :'(

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 02:11:32 pm »
She has a new book in a new series coming out soon called Destiny Kills. She was writing the second book in that series when her publisher said they wanted a new Riley book instead. So her timeline was interrupted. Plus her blog says that she's been going through some personal stuff right now. I'm guessing she's behind on her books because of all of that.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Iris101

• Mechanic
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 08:53:35 am »
I just really want to know who she ends up with....I mean I like the series to a lot, but more than anything Im just really curious...Im only on B3 though, so maybe once I read more, I'll have a better idea :)

The book thats called Eryn or something, is that about the same girl who screwed Quin over?

Louve_des_bois

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 11:20:25 am »
I really enjoy her short story in Wolfesbane and Mistletoe. I would like to read more of her.

Anybody knows her best book. I am not too keen on erotic book tho, I prefer LOTS of action with a bit of romance, not sex scene at every chapter ...  ::)

Omega

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 07:54:01 am »
i agree its opposite of LKH. her last one had one sex scene. Maybe shes got the sex out of her system? hmm or her romance in her own life died down...idk..

alan

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 01:13:06 pm »
got to dangerous games and was caught by very controlling parent, havent read any of the others yet but as soon as i dont need to liver under parents roof im reading the rest of the series