Author Topic: Can walkers or werewolves be turned into vampires?  (Read 6089 times)

Rob

• lovebird
  • Grease Monkey
Can walkers or werewolves be turned into vampires?
« on: October 28, 2007, 12:29:36 pm »
Enquiring minds would like to know if a walker can be turned into a vampire, despite being resistant to vampiric powers?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 08:11:14 pm by Elle »
Proud member of the Maulers Union Local #182.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
Re: Walker/Vamp?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 06:57:13 pm »
I'll add on to that, can werewolves become vamps? It would be unlikely, I would think pack would try and protect them. But a lone wolf might be in danger.

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
Re: Walker/Vamp?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 03:11:59 pm »
I don't know.
I can say it would be unlikely that the circumstance would arise at all:
Vampires have a hard time turning anyone into vampires.  I think they would have a very hard time keeping a werewolf in their fold (with their "sheep") for long enough to turn him.  (I say him, because there aren't many female wolves <grin>).  Werewolves are not safe pets.   They are also illegal to turn (like crazy people and witches and lots of other things.  It happens, but it's usually fatal for the vampire who turns 'em because his seethe will see him dead.) 

And one of the powers of the werewolf is quick healing and eternal youth.  That's sort of the opposite of a vampire, which is . . . er . . . dead.

As a writer, I think there problems with crossing vampires and werewolves to get another kind of monster.  Part of this genre is exploring the monsters we already have <grin>.  I think werewolf/vampire crosses are sort of like unicorns in traditional fantasy -- to be used with great caution.  Some people have done an awesome job with it . . . but I suspect I'm going to continue to avoid it.