Author Topic: Tamora Pierce  (Read 49956 times)

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
Re: Tamora Pierce, and a few more.
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2007, 11:46:42 am »
Oh.... It'll come back.... she's one of my best friends.... she's just forgetful. But I am going to visit her next week so all's well. it's coming back.
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

Thea

Re: Tamora Pierce
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2007, 04:43:59 am »
There is a new Circle book in Audio form coming out in August, that will not be in printed book form until next year!
I am soooo excited about Beka Cooper: Bloodhound - I think it will be January....

Her books are great.

And I agree about Chime!

Have you read the comic book mini series she wrote: White Tiger?

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2007, 08:54:36 am »
Yeah, chime rocks. No I haven't read that mini series.... and I am still hunting for a collection of short stories she wrote called "half human" and there is a really good short story by her in another book, it deals with a tribal people and the Shang warriors. But I'll have to go book hunting soon.... *sigh* the lisat grows with every passing conversation.  ;D
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

SF

• Tool Wrangler
  • Lurking in the shadows
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2007, 10:24:32 am »
I have some of her books and i was wandering if she has a book that really tells Numair's story? I always wanted to know more about him.
"Don't laugh at live dragons" - Bilbo Baggins

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2007, 03:20:33 pm »
If I remember, a while ago there was a rumor that she would be writing a series about him one the Beka Cooper series is finished.

I know, I really want to know more about him too.

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2007, 04:31:32 pm »
hmmm, interesting rumor.... I hope that one's true... Numair is a favorite character of mine, I especially like the part in wild Magic where he freaks out when Daine stopped her heart so she could talk to the dolphins. ;D. That's when it really hit me that by the end of the series those two were going to be a bit closer than just teacher and pupil.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2007, 04:34:46 pm »
One of the reasons I love the fourth book so well is because they finally get together.

Taphien

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2007, 12:36:36 am »
hmmm, interesting rumor.... I hope that one's true... Numair is a favorite character of mine, I especially like the part in wild Magic where he freaks out when Daine stopped her heart so she could talk to the dolphins. ;D. That's when it really hit me that by the end of the series those two were going to be a bit closer than just teacher and pupil.

This is the schedule from her website:

2007:

MELTING STONES, an original novel for audiobook set in the Circle Universe, published by Full Cast Audio--Summer
TERRIER, book one of The Provost's Dog trilogy, in Random House paperback in the U.S. and Canada--Fall

2008:

BLOODHOUND, book two of The Provost's Dog trilogy, detailing the further adventures of Rebba Cooper, nicknamed "the Provost's Dog", as she rises through the ranks of the Lord Provost's command, in Random House hardcover in the U.S. and Canada--Spring
MELTING STONES print publication - Summer
untitled Circle universe book, set in the months after STREET MAGIC, in which Briar, Rosethorn, and Evvy continue their journey eastward to distant Yanjing, where they discover a danger that threatens the home temple of the Living Circle religion, Scholastic hardcover in the U.S. and Canada--TBD

2009:

BLOODHOUND, book two of The Provost's Dog trilogy, in Random House paperback in the U.S. and Canada--Spring
ELKHOUND, book three of The Provost's Dog trilogy, the ultimate task set for Rebba Cooper, nicknamed "the Provost's Dog", in Random House hardcover in the U.S. and Canada--TBD

2010:

ELKHOUND, book three of The Provost's Dog trilogy, in Random House paperback in the U.S. and Canada--TBD
untitled Circle universe book, in which Tris enrolls at the mages' university in Lightsbridge under an assumed name, in an attempt to become an ordinary mage practicing normal academic magic (spells, charms, potions) with no one knowing her real name or power, Scholastic hardcover in the U.S. and Canada--TBD
NUMAIR: THE EARLY YEARS (very tentative title), in which we learn of Numair's last years at the university of Carthak, the beginning of his conflict with the newly-made Emperor Ozorne (Numair's best friend), his quick departure from Carthak, and how he survives afterward, in Random House hardcover in the U.S. and Canada--TBD

2011:

untitled Tortall universe book, about the coming-of-age of Maura of Dunlath, and how she finds her own unique place in the realm, in Random House hardcover in the U.S. and Canada--TBD
NUMAIR: THE EARLY YEARS (very tentative title), in which we learn of Numair's early days, in Random House paperback in the U.S. and Canada--TBD

SF

• Tool Wrangler
  • Lurking in the shadows
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2007, 09:47:56 am »
Thanks for the info :D
"Don't laugh at live dragons" - Bilbo Baggins

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2007, 12:25:58 pm »
Yippee! Numair, Maura, and Circle books and more Beka Cooper! thanks!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2007, 05:22:29 pm »
Yes, many many thanks!
I'm glad to see about all of it, but I've got to admit, the one that really piques my interest is the one that no-one else had mentioned yet, the story of Maura.  Keladry visited her fief in the Protector of the Small series, but really there was a lot more about the wolf pack that had (who had?  Grammar, grammar, Patti) been changed by Daine than there was about her.  I'd really like to see her succeeding, especially considering whoshisface, the standard bearer for the Kings' Own, & how his life was messed up by the traitors in his family.

And it's interesting to see that no-one else picked Tris as their favorite character yet, she was barely mentioned.  I think in some ways I equate her with Hermionie from HP.  Bossy, messy haired, bookish. . .   Hm, if I were bossy. . .
Going to be tough for her, trying to act 'normal' when she's seeing things on the wind.  And what's she going to do with Chime?  She (he?) isn't exactly inconspicuous.  Nor a common breed.  No secret identity when you're carting around a 1-of-a-kind glass dragon, even if Chime wasn't innocently destructive as a toddler.
Happy sigh of anticipation.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2007, 08:05:04 pm »
I'm really looking forward to Maura. I thought she was a really interesting character in Wolf-Speaker.
Tris is one of my friends favorite characters. (her user name on the forum is Angua). I really like Tris, but I identify more with Daja... fire.  ;D

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2007, 09:16:23 am »
Stopped at the bookstore the other day, & asked about the sequel to 'Will of the Empress'.  I hadn't noticed properly that it's coming out in AUDIO first.  So I wanted to remind anyone else who might be looking for it.  The bookseller I was talking with says Ms.Pierce was a voice actor, so she's got a special interest in audio productions.  It'll be at least fall of '08 before it appears in a printed form.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2007, 10:47:23 am »
I remember reading Will of the Empress not to long ago. Are you sure you've got the right title? I think it was Melting Stones that came out first as an audio.

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2007, 12:54:59 pm »
Hunh.

Well, I finally got Terrier back from that friend today. after a year. But it's back and I can re-read it. YAY!