Author Topic: Tamora Pierce  (Read 54833 times)

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
Tamora Pierce
« on: July 28, 2007, 02:25:59 pm »
Ok, I know she writes books for teens. but Tamora Pierce Is one of my favorite authors. I looove Patty too, and Garth Nix, Janet Evanovich, Phillip Pullman, and Chritopher Paolini are a few more favorites. And I know he's technically a playwright but you got to throw in Shakespeare.... ooh and Edgar A. Poe. I'll stop now. hehe  ::) So.... talk to me people!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 07:32:48 pm by Mike Briggs »
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
Re: Tamora Pierce, and a few more.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 02:54:17 pm »
I agree, Tamora Peirce is really good. Which one of hers was your favorite series? I think my favorite was the imortal series, probably because it was the first one I read, and I really love animals.

Grey Drakkon

• Mechanic
    • Ranasp's Deviant Art Page
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 03:09:15 pm »
I have real problems remembering names, it'd be helpful if the genre (fantasy, historical, etc) and a few titles were tossed out, make it easier to figure out if I've seen/read them before. ;)
"Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between existentialism and a bad mood."  ~Kris, "Blade of Tyshalle"

Taphien

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 01:33:44 am »
I have real problems remembering names, it'd be helpful if the genre (fantasy, historical, etc) and a few titles were tossed out, make it easier to figure out if I've seen/read them before. ;)

She always writes coming of age/growing up series in fantasy settings. Her first one was about Alanna-the Lioness who becomes first female knight in the realm of Tortall. So far she wrote three more series taking place in Tortallas well as several books about growing up mages in a different world (The Circle of Magic, The Circle Opens). I first read her stuff as a kid and I still love it.

Taphien

Grey Drakkon

• Mechanic
    • Ranasp's Deviant Art Page
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 08:29:49 am »
Ah thanks, that helps a lot (and helps me figure out what area I'd find her books in ;)  )
"Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between existentialism and a bad mood."  ~Kris, "Blade of Tyshalle"

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 10:38:01 am »
I think that my favorite series is the Alanna Quartet, but I love the Immortals too. I really love all of her books, but Alanna's were the first that I read. Favorite characters are easier... Alanna, Daine, George, Numair, Neal, Nawat (Tortall books), and Briar, Niko, Daja, Tris, and Rosethorn in the Circle books. Oh and Chime!
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 11:59:24 am »
I love Chime! She's so cute and funny! I like George too

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 12:09:06 pm »
ditto! If I ever learn how to do glass art, a i am going to try to make some of her little glass flame things. And George reminds me of my Uncle Steve... appearance and all.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 12:10:35 pm »
In fact, I like too many of her characters to count. *tear* I wish she wrote faster, I really want to read the next book in her newest series.

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 12:15:20 pm »
yes.... I know. Which book are you waiting for?

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 12:18:18 pm »
The one after Terrier.

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2007, 12:20:45 pm »
Ooooh I didn't know there was going to be another... I loaned my friend Terrier last year and I still don't have it back yet... I might go to her house and just spirit it away from her, and I know she has read it.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2007, 12:24:59 pm »
I think there will be four...

I know the feeling, I lent my friend Blood Bound, and while she hadn't had it more then three weeks, and I don't think she's actually read it yet, but chatting here has given me the urge to read it and *sob* I want it back.

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2007, 12:33:53 pm »
I know.... this friend I know has read it.... but hasn't given it back yet. *tear* But I have loaned Moon Called to another Person, and I know she will give it back... as soon as she's not out of town.... I want it home.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2007, 12:43:42 pm »
That's why I usually don't lend books out. I hate seeing them not come back.