Author Topic: Silver Borne  (Read 13675 times)

Maiv

• Tool Wrangler
  • Don't Worry! Be Happy!
Re: Silver Borne
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 05:23:37 am »
I'm satisfied about Samuel. Thank you Patty! And I love the explanation of Pack Magic 101 with Mercy's version of Christmas garlands and rocks! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

**Spoiler tags added since it's less than a week since release.
Patti L., Busymoddy.

Sorry about that. Got too excited there and forgot to cover that. But thank you Patti L!
Let me scratch my head over that one...

I.Can.DEW.it

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2010, 10:37:59 am »
 :-[ Sometimes I'm not very bright!!!

I have been enthusiastically touting Silver Borne --- along with everyone else who has read it --- over on Charlaine Harris' website. 
It only now occurred to me that I should probably make that praise known where it might be most apprciated.  ;)

So... Kudos, Congrats, and Thank-you very much for what has undoubtedly been my favorite read thus far this year and in a VERY long time.  (And I read A LOT!) 

I look forward to taking my time and rereading the whole series to savor it.  [I admit to be so excited bOuNcY  that I couldn't wait the extra day it would have taken me to get it from the library...  *(I'm OCD about my books... they all have to be the same --- hardcover/paperback,etc.)...  and I downloaded the book after midnight so I could start reading.]   In anycase, I didn't put my Kindle down.  Then I picked up my copy at the library the next day to let my sister read it.  After this book,  I might just have another series (along w/ Sookie) to honor by having it in both paperback and hardcover. 

What a great book.   What great characters.  What great teases with wondering what will come next.  I look forward to more of the Mercy Thompson & A/O Mooniverse. 

Thanx again, DEW

chapelbeach

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 03:08:40 pm »
Loved the book!  I only wish it were longer so it could have lasted... Great Job.  bOuNcY

Demi

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 05:28:21 am »

This is the most awesome book of the series.

Loved the part with BranĀ“s Werepack 101.
It left me with speculations for future books.

I am happy for Sam and looking forward to the when and hows
related to his fae witch.
I was absolutley glad for Mercy and Adams
relationship, i could feel the love they share. Mercy grew once again,
and living with Adam seems like a natural process now. The pack
needed the confrontation to see that she is indeed the alpha coyote
( yes shoot him Mercy, you go girl!! I cheered for her at that part).

I read it some time ago and i am still not happy with my ability to
write in english, thats why i have not written anything about it.

But i thought you should know that you impressed me once again
even if my praise is not eloquent :) You are the most impressive Dreamweaver
i know. And i should tell you that you infected my Daughter and my Mother in Law as well
with the Mercy Virus.

You are my favorite Writer. Thank you for your shining fantasy.

*hugs Patty*
Demi
Addicted to the tales from the Bard of Hurog

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 06:12:34 am »
Thank you Patty! SB was definitely an amazing read. You answered so many questions from previous books and made so many more appear! We will have an awesome year of speculation ahead of us until the next book is ready for us rabid fans.

Thank you for giving Sam a reason to live  :-*

bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Allannah

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 01:09:54 pm »
Kudos yet again!  That was a very satisfying read - from start to finish!  (cue Carly ... "Nobody does it better ...." 

Jenn

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2010, 05:55:28 am »
Silver Borne was a great read. I intend to read it again as soon as I can. Thank you!!!!  bOuNcY

perry

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2010, 05:50:41 am »
I just found Silver Borne on Kobobooks (a Cdn source for ebooks) and spent yesterday reading it.  Wow!!  I'm not sure if this is my favourite Mercy book or not, but I loved it.
Thanks so much for yet another fabulous book!

jjmcdonald

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2010, 12:35:19 pm »
What Demi said.

Mercy has grown a lot. The Morrigan has said that she was a very interesting person who defied demands but made things better in their own way. She is a bit dangerous (2 Werewolves, 1 human, 2 1/2 Vampires (Got an assist from a Oak Man on one), and a VERY Evil Fae). And she shot the traitor in the Throat as an example to tell him to Shut His Mouth. But so far everyone she has killed seriously needed killing.

She has a Vampire for a Friend. And another who should be seriously afraid of her.

People who underestimate her do so at their own risk. She is a worthy mate for the Alpha she has. And I think that even the the rest of the Wolves will finally get that settled in their minds. Or she will kick their A###

I just wish that we could get the next book sooner then next year.
The market clamors. But the publishers don't.

Oh well.
And I disagree. the last re-write of the last 100 pages DID tie things up nicely.

They just get better and better.

MooredMermaid

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, 11:26:15 am »
Okay I have read every book as much as thirty times!!!! ;D I have also got my few friends hung up on Patty's books. (few friends because of obsessive reading) :D I loved all her books!!! Go Patty!!!! Keep writing so the OR(Obsessed Readers) can keep reading!!
Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government,you can't expect to wield supreme executive power 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!
Family is those you're born to,those born to you ,and those you let into your heart
Every tale has a scrap of truth.

krjohn

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 06:55:03 pm »
Just wanted to comment on how much I LOVED this book.  I enjoyed the Mercy series a great deal but like many of the other readers have already commented, I couldn't put it down.  Stayed up until 2:00am to finish it.   :)

Chikki

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 07:07:22 pm »
I just read Silver Borne and LOVED it!  I'm emberassed to say it was my first book by Patricia Briggs, but it certainly won't be my last!  I'm on pins and needles waiting for the first 3 to get to my house so I can see how things started ( I think I'm going to barricade myself in the bedroom when they arrive and indulge!!  LOL )..Thank you for being such a wonderful  writer and sharing with us! 

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2011, 02:12:20 am »
Ooh, goodies coming your way! Enjoy! :)

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2011, 11:14:33 am »
You guys rock.  I was so scared about the garland imagery, but Mercy insisted that's what it looked like <grin>

Rewrites are my friend! :P
Patty