Author Topic: Silver Borne  (Read 13639 times)

Bedlamwolf

• Tool Wrangler
    • My blog, Sprig's Spot
Silver Borne
« on: March 31, 2010, 09:13:15 pm »
Let me just say, AWESOME book. but at the same time, drat! It's already after 1, I'm 1/2 way done with the book, and I have work in the morning. Oh! the perdicament you've put me in LOL :D. I'm enjoying every minute, of course, but it's off to bed with me. and up nice and early to finish the book....
quote of the month:
Knowledge is power. . . power corrupts. . . study hard. . . BE EVIL!

i2cnow

• Tool Wrangler
Re: Silver Borne
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 03:46:24 pm »
The book and whole series is awesome! I live in the tri cities and while reading the books i know exactly were you where talking about. Mercy's garage is in east Kennewick, I was raised across the street.  The only VW repair shop that I know of anyway. I read Silver Borne in one setting. My kids thought I had lost it. Thanks for such great books :D

bingomzan

• Grease Monkey
  • Wolf link is the ultimate werewolf!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 02:27:12 am »
I also have to say well done. I thought for the whole time ... cant say that (spoiler thoughts) ...!

Me and my mom both liked it and look forward to getting it signed on the 17th.
***BONE CROSSED IS AMAZING!***   ***MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IS THE FAE WALKING STICK!!!***

Important Event Log
***Patty's books are ANTIQUES***

mystify

• Mechanic
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 08:44:57 am »
I read the entire thing last night. I only surfaced long enough to eat a brownie for dinner.  LOL

So, so good!  I wish I lived close enough to go to a signing.

bean21782

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 11:14:45 am »
Glad to know I wasn't the only one up until the wee morning hours. I was up till 4:00 am  LOL. I loved it as I did all of the others...now my dilema is waiting for the next one :( of course we still have the next Alpha Omega to look forward to. Great Job Patty!

Asgen

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 01:33:59 pm »
I've always advised anyone i loan the books to that they should be considered dangerous and highly addictive.  This is even worse when you hand them to your half Native American friend who just happens to live in Finley and could probably throw a rock and hit Mercy's if he tried hard.

I seem to recall someone cursing me the next time i met him as it was the beginning of a work week when i handed him the first 3 books.

Having just completed Silver Bourne i must say that you've continued to impress Patti.

wolfish_one

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 06:14:43 pm »
Is it bad when you act like a little kid on Christmas when UPS delivers a new PB book? lol
I was (like many) up till the early morning reading Silver Borne. In my house when I have a Mercy or Alpha / Omega book in hand, everyone leaves me alone for their own safety LOL.

LOVED this book, got it yesterday, finished it today and will probably reread it again before the weekend's up  :D
Asgen, I do the same thing when I lend my PB books out LOL.  I've hooked most of my friends on the Mercy series. Great to know I'm not the only one LOL

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 06:33:43 pm »
New inductees to the bookpusher ranks, I see.  I got booted off Hurog to read it when it got here!  Tantalizing myself about re-reading now.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

bingomzan

• Grease Monkey
  • Wolf link is the ultimate werewolf!
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 07:11:44 pm »
patti, you left hurog, that must have been serious, lol :)

also, i stayed up until 2 in the morning to finish it, i couldnt (didnt) want to put it down.
***BONE CROSSED IS AMAZING!***   ***MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IS THE FAE WALKING STICK!!!***

Important Event Log
***Patty's books are ANTIQUES***

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 07:22:09 pm »
Well, only for about 4-5 hours...
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

Shipa

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 10:25:06 pm »
LOVED Silver Borne!!! And yes, it's 3:00am right now.   :-whistle
The time to stop talking is when the other person nods his head affirmatively but says nothing.
--Henry S. Haskins (1875-1957)

amberlr

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 03:53:42 pm »
I LOVE SILVER BORNE!!! It is definitely my favorite book of the mercy thompson series. The whole series is wonderful. Thanks Patty for your wonderful stories. I can't wait for the next mercy book, and the next alpha and omega book too!!!!!!!!!

Jazz

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 07:56:07 pm »
Oh my, that was an amazing read! These books are so hard to put down (not that I'd want to), I always end up reading them in one amazing, on the edge of my seat, sitting. I'm so psyched right now. That was a great book. I have to say, I had been wondering while reading the previous books about whether the fairy queen would show up some. It was very satisfying that she did.
I love that Mercy is coming into the pack fully, just gives me the warm and fuzzes :D and she and Adam are all cozy together, I love it.
One of the you're best books yet!... but then again it is really hard to say when all of your books I've read so far are incredibly entertaining.... :D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 02:58:02 pm by Jazz »

Maiv

• Tool Wrangler
  • Don't Worry! Be Happy!
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 01:32:04 pm »
I'm satisfied about Samuel. Thank you Patty! And I love the explanation of Pack Magic 101 with Mercy's version of Christmas garlands and rocks! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

**Spoiler tags added since it's less than a week since release.
Patti L., Busymoddy.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 02:48:11 pm by Patti L. »
Let me scratch my head over that one...

Moonfaze97

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 09:16:25 pm »
Thank you Patty! I loved Silver Borne! (And all the other books) I am now counting down the days until 2011 so I can find out the month and day the 6th one comes out LOL I love your books!