Author Topic: Jacqueline Carey  (Read 25526 times)

tmpinsnty

• Grease Monkey
Jacqueline Carey
« on: October 25, 2007, 06:04:04 pm »
I love her Kushiel series... I have read the first three a few times...and if they ever get around to releasing Dart in ebook form...i would read the series a lot more...grrr tor...

(i found moon called as a new release on ereader.com)

Mary

• Grease Monkey
    • blog
Re: Jacqueline Carey
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 09:21:37 am »
I read the first two book in the §Kushiel series and finally tomorrow the third will exit here in Itally, I'm so happy!!!!!!!
I absolutly love thse books, they are reach of history advnture, love, and are sensual without being vulgar. Love Josceline!
to read is to change

tmpinsnty

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 02:42:28 pm »
there are actually five books now... Kushiel's Scion and Kushiel's Justice...checked her site and there is another coming out

Mary

• Grease Monkey
    • blog
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 12:57:52 am »
I know, the first thrre are about Phedrè, the other are about Imriel, but they will exit here in Itlay maybe two years in the future.....sigh
to read is to change

eyesore

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 04:20:28 pm »
her books are amazing. sensual but not sleazy.

beverlyp

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 01:26:11 pm »
i ordered kushiels dart today, i read the excerpt and the writing style kinda reminded me of marion zimmer bradley..i can;t wait to get it.

Anabolina

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 03:29:17 am »
I read the first one she wrote, can't remember the name, but it was a lot more graphic than I like.  Hmm different strokes for differenct strokes I suppose. Anyway, I think the story was interesting, but all that detail, not so much, I mean for me...  :)

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 04:07:36 pm »
All the graphic images bugged me, but the stories are amazing. (even if I've only read the last three ^^; )

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 08:26:29 am »
I know Maz has picked up the first book of her Kushiel's series and there is a new book that sets up a new arc this year. But I came across this today which perked my bookpusher senses tingling :D
It sounds similar to the Zodiac series but I think this looks even better!

Loup Garron was born and raised in Santa Olivia, an isolated, disenfranchised town next to a US military base inside a DMZ buffer zone between Texas and Mexico. A fugitive "Wolf-Man" who had a love affair with a local woman, Loup's father was one of a group of men genetically-manipulated and used by the US government as a weapon. The "Wolf-Men" were engineered to have superhuman strength, speed, sensory capability, stamina, and a total lack of fear, and Loup, named for and sharing her father's wolf-like qualities, is marked as an outsider.

After her mother dies, Loup goes to live among the misfit orphans at the parish church, where they seethe from the injustices visited upon the locals by the soldiers. Eventually, the orphans find an outlet for their frustrations: They form a vigilante group to support Loup Garron who, costumed as their patron saint, Santa Olivia, uses her special abilities to avenge the town.

Aware that she could lose her freedom, and possibly her life, Loup is determined to fight to redress the wrongs her community has suffered. And like the reincarnation of their patron saint, she will bring hope to all of Santa Olivia.

http://www.scifiguy.ca/2009/02/preview-santa-olivia-by-jacqueline.html
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 03:50:18 pm »
Wow, does sound interesting.

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
  • Faint heart never won fair lady.
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 11:13:34 am »
I know Maz has picked up the first book of her Kushiel's series and there is a new book that sets up a new arc this year. But I came across this today which perked my bookpusher senses tingling :D

LOL Your inside info on the books I buy is almost scary!! :D :D You know it before I actually order them!! :D :D ;D
Crazy Cat Lady on the loose. Beware.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Omega 303

• Grease Monkey
  • Anna's Wolf
Jacqueline Carey
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 06:50:13 pm »
Has anyone read any of the Kushiel's Series. I'm starting on my first book and so far so good. It's just that their very long series each book has about 1000 pages. Well I guess I want be finished with these in a day in a half (LOL) If anyone has read these books I would like to know what you think about them.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 06:55:57 pm »
Merging the threads together,

charmed, books mod
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

logically

• Tool Wrangler
    • Book Love Affair
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 07:49:27 pm »
I loved the first 3 Kushiels...but she lost me after.  I may go back and try the others again, though.  I do love how her world and its politics.  :3
I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
I learn by going where I have to go.
- Theodore Roethke "The Awakening"

Book Review Blog: Book Love Affair
Twitter: BookLoveAffair

Staplegun

• Mechanic
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2009, 07:02:25 pm »
Has anyone read the first book in her new series? Santa Olivia? I saw it today and saw that someone (who apparently wasn't Patti L.) mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I was wondering if anyone has actually read the book and would like to give his/her opinion? I thought about buying it but then didn't 'cause i don't have a summer job yet. ^^ Should I have?

Edit: sorry Patti
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 07:44:15 pm by Staplegun »