Author Topic: [Mercy #5] Silver Borne Discussion  (Read 137677 times)

wolverine

• Mechanic
Re: Silver Borne Discussion [Spoilers]
« Reply #195 on: April 05, 2010, 12:05:27 pm »
Am I the only Ben lover here? I think he could be a great character to develop more.  I see changes in him already! he saved Medea!!!!!

lilliana

« Reply #196 on: April 05, 2010, 12:09:51 pm »
I know, I love that Ben saved Medea. He won my heart in this book. I love Ben, Warrren, Samuel, Adam, Bran...okay I will take them all.  :-whistle  :D

midnight

• Tinker
« Reply #197 on: April 05, 2010, 12:19:54 pm »
Am I the only Ben lover here? I think he could be a great character to develop more.  I see changes in him already! he saved Medea!!!!!

:D No, I love him too. I definitely have a soft spot for him. Warren too.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #198 on: April 05, 2010, 06:27:12 pm »
I moved the last 20 or so posts over to the "Rank, dominance, Alphas, & the Military thread:  http://hurog.com/forum/index.php?topic=240.0
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

Kyria

• writers
  • Big Bad Wolf
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #199 on: April 05, 2010, 06:36:03 pm »
Thanks Patti, it kind of threw me for a loop for a bit... "hey, where did the last posts go!?"  but then I found them. 

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #200 on: April 05, 2010, 06:39:39 pm »
Yeah.  Interesting stuff, but nothing to do with SB.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

nottled

• Mechanic
  • Sexy Fat Chick
« Reply #201 on: April 06, 2010, 06:25:32 am »
Ellyll asked, "Why Ben?"

I love Ben too. Yeah, he's a possible serial rapist but there's something vulnerable and loyal that endears him to me. I think because he's been abused himself, I mentally excuse his behavior. I also enjoy comically bitter characters so he works for me.  :)

Damn it, I am pleasant!

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #202 on: April 06, 2010, 06:47:16 am »
I wasn't asking why anyone would like Ben.  I love Ben, too.   :D  My question was why the person before me had suggested that Ben should "kick Paul's butt" - given the stories, it didn't make sense to me.  :-\
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #203 on: April 06, 2010, 07:04:37 am »
I think Ben has the potential to get higher up in the ranks but I think he has to start healing and getting over the abuse/his issues before he can do that or otherwise it might not be a good thing because you have to be pretty dominant/aggressive and that can twist a person.
Talking about Ben- I know some people have commented about him flirting with Jesse in the hot chocolate scene but I also noticed that he did the same thing with Mercy in front of Adam during the aftermath of Hart and the abortive shoot-em-up. I find it interesting that he chose to flirt in front of Adam of all people and Jesse- but I think I realised that both Mercy (who Ben really likes and respects) and Jesse who is a minor but is also is his alpha's daughter are women who he considers with esteem. Maybe its a sign of healing and they are representative that women can be seen as good? Does this make sense. My brain is mush :D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

lilliana

« Reply #204 on: April 06, 2010, 07:18:38 am »
Yes, it makes absolute sense! I was one of those people who thought Ben seemed a bit sweet on Jesse. But after I thought about it afterwards, it didn't seem like he was flirting, more like just teasing her because he likes/respects her as a friend and as the Alpha's daughter. He didn't want Jesse to know he was just teasing because he hid his smile from her. Which makes me think that he wants to keep Jesse in the dark about him caring about her as a friend - to keep his walls up. Whatever happened to him growing up has definitely caused some issues with trusting women. I'm pretty sure we will learn the truth eventually. At this point tho, we are seeing him heal and grow into a more respectful and gentler person that has been hidden under a lot of layers of bitterness and sadness.

nottled

• Mechanic
  • Sexy Fat Chick
« Reply #205 on: April 06, 2010, 07:44:16 am »
I wasn't asking why anyone would like Ben.  I love Ben, too.   :D  My question was why the person before me had suggested that Ben should "kick Paul's butt" - given the stories, it didn't make sense to me.  :-\

Nevermind... :-[
Damn it, I am pleasant!

Jax

« Reply #206 on: April 06, 2010, 07:55:39 am »
I think Ben sees both Mercy and Jesse as trustworthy, and therefore, safe women with which to re-learn how to behave and connect with the opposite sex. Doing it in front of Adam also gives him the extra reassurance that his behavior is acceptable. Maybe not consciously, of course, but he knows that they will not hesitate to correct him, without being nasty or hurtful. I love watching Ben grow, and it would be sweet to see him heal enough to have someone special in his life.

nottled

• Mechanic
  • Sexy Fat Chick
« Reply #207 on: April 06, 2010, 09:15:46 am »
I have been letting it germinate in my mind. I loved this book and while Moon Called remains my favorite, I definitely love the softer side of Mercy. Smexy scene was FABULOUS!  bOuNcY

If I have any gripes, it would be with both series. If we are discovering the limits of the "bonds" between both couples, fair enough. However, too much "action" time is spent pontificating on the "bond" and dealing with the "bond". It's almost like the bond is a character that's hogging good Mercy time.

I'm sure I'm in the minority because there seems to be a lot of discussion about it here but it bugs me. I don't want to see it take over the books so half of it is actual story line and half of it describing Mercy being overwhelmed by the bond or looking at the bond or being scared of the bond or watering the bond....whatever you do with a bond.  LOL
Damn it, I am pleasant!

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #208 on: April 06, 2010, 09:23:21 am »
whatever you do with a bond.  LOL

If it involves Adam, Sam, Ben, or Warren, I could think of a few things to do with a "bond."  >D*hubba-hubba* 

(For the purposes of my fantasy, I'll pretend that Warren is not gay.   :P)
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

nottled

• Mechanic
  • Sexy Fat Chick
« Reply #209 on: April 06, 2010, 09:27:31 am »
 LOL LOL LOL LOL

Bond or handcuffs.....? >D
Damn it, I am pleasant!