Author Topic: Jennifer Estep  (Read 30609 times)

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
Re: Jennifer Estep
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2010, 06:12:45 pm »
I know. I went and picked up Magic Bleeds to re-read while I wait. It's helping a lot. Curran. :-LOVE

Still *swiftly goes back on-topic* I would have liked to know what happens between Gin and Owen more. :P

Oh, well done Maz! Very nice recovery :P
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2010, 07:58:47 pm »
On a whim I picked up the first two in the series. I like them, quite a bit. I enjoyed Gin very much. I like that she is who she is and makes no excuses for it. I think I ended up feeling much like Gin did when Donovan rejected her. I don't want to say that I was disappointed in him because he was a moral man and I can't fault him for wanting to remain that but he seemed so rigid and disapproving. I want Gin to move on from that and explore a relationship with Owen who seems so much more willing to accept what she is, appreciate the guts it took to get her there and enjoy what she is.

Now that I write about it, I realize that I'm angry with Donovan. I don't think that's ever happened with another character that I've read about. I hope we don't see him again.

I'm looking forward to the next book and love that the timing has worked out that I don't really have to wait for it long. I would definitely be stewing over the last one.

Spoiled it just in case. :)

« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 08:03:58 pm by Elle »
Hurog Means Dragon.

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
  • Faint heart never won fair lady.
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2010, 07:00:24 am »
What annoyed me the most about Donovan was that he never hid the fact that he despised what Gin did (and still does at times) for a living and always went all self-righteous on her, but when it suited him he never stopped her.  >:( I mean, you can go self-righteous and moral all you want, but at least stick by your principle: the fact that it's another one dirtying her hands doesn't mean you're squeaky clean!! So the least you can do is not judging her!! >:(

Anyway, looks like my order's ready to be shipped, I hope it gets here by friday. :-LOVE
Crazy Cat Lady on the loose. Beware.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2010, 08:06:09 am »
I agree Maz! That's what bothered me too.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

lilliana

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2010, 08:12:14 am »
You nailed it Maz! I hope you get your books.  :)

I hope he doesn't come back either.   >:(

When I'm done with my current book, I'm reading Venom. I'm looking forward to learning more about Owen. 

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2010, 12:47:36 pm »
Venom's been dispatched I should have it tomorrow. I'm looking forward meeting Bria and figuring out how two people, who survived the same massacre, went spiralling in to polar opposite directions. Of course they have different experiences of Mab’s destruction but still...

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2010, 06:33:50 pm »
I just finished Venom. Honestly, Pendle regarding Gin and Bria they're not really that different but they are...which is kind of neat.

I liked Bria a lot. She's gutsy. Owen was fantastic as well. I don't know when the next book comes out, Tangled Threads, but it looks just a good.

I found out when the new book comes out. April 26, 2011.

Blurb:

I’d rather face a dozen lethal assas­sins any night than deal with some­thing as tricky, con­vo­luted, and frag­ile as my feel­ings. But here I am. Gin Blanco, the semi-retired assas­sin known as the Spi­der. Hov­er­ing out­side sexy busi­ness­man Owen Grayson’s front door like a ner­vous teenage girl. One thing I like about Owen: he doesn’t shy away from my past—or my present. And right now I have a bull’s-eye on my fore­head. Cold-blooded Fire ele­men­tal Mab Mon­roe has hired one of the smartest assas­sins in the busi­ness to trap me. Elek­tra LaFleur is skilled and effi­cient, with deadly elec­tri­cal ele­men­tal magic as potent as my own Ice and Stone pow­ers. Which means there’s a fifty-fifty chance one of us won’t sur­vive this bat­tle. I intend to kill LaFleur—or die trying—because Mab wants the assas­sin to take out my baby sis­ter, Detec­tive Bria Coolidge, too. The only prob­lem is, Bria has no idea I’m her long-lost sib­ling … or that I’m the mur­derer she’s been chas­ing through Ash­land for weeks. And what Bria doesn’t know just might get us both dead …
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 07:19:40 pm by Elle »
Hurog Means Dragon.

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
  • I am from AUSTRIA. No koalas!
    • my livejournal
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2010, 09:39:29 pm »
I liked venom!

love owen! he's awesome. very yummy.
what bugs me, though, is that gin didn't tell bria who she is. now she tries to befriend her and bria will be hurt and pissed when she finds out gin kept the truth from her.  ???

GW  WK  WH

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2010, 12:39:20 am »
o_O All those black bars are driving me nuts, but I will be strong!!

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2010, 07:20:54 pm »
That was good! I love Venom and wanted  it to be much longer  :D . As much as I wanted Bria to know who Gin is, I can see why Gin won't tell her yet. Gin needs to be an assassin to take Mab out and she doesn't want to put Bria in the same moral dilemma that Donovan was in (minus the lust of course). I am very happy with Owen and really wonder what it would be like if Finn and Bria hook up? Can you imagine?!?  LOL
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien

lilliana

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2010, 03:55:29 am »
LOVE Owen.  :-LOVE Much cooler and a better match for Gin than Donavan. And something tells me that Finn and Bria will hook up but Gin will hurt him if he hurts her.   ;D

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2010, 07:22:15 am »
Much love on Owen! :-LOVE I like him so much more than Donovan. ;D
Now I want the next one!! *bwaaaaaahh*

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2010, 08:04:15 am »
So with you there, Maz. Owen is 1000X better than Donovan.

So...April. Twiddles thumbs....that's a long way away.  :-'
Hurog Means Dragon.

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2010, 09:27:46 am »
I knows. :-' I wonder if we'll ever get to know what happened to Sophia that got her to learn how to use her magic without anyone else noticing and if she'll teach Gin her trick.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2010, 10:15:43 pm »
I have a feeling that we will Maz. Every book mentions the mystery of Sophia's cleaning methods and we finally see part of it in this one. The next step is for her to teach Gin.