Author Topic: Jennifer Estep  (Read 30637 times)

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
Re: Jennifer Estep
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 10:58:02 am »
Yes she does. And unusual. Though does she only kill "bad people"? Or is she not that chosey?

lilliana

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 11:08:22 am »
Yes, she only kills people who she thinks deserve it. She's very selective on who she kills. No children, especially. No one that doesn't deserve. I doubt she would kill a man who cheated on his wife if the wife hired her. Now, if the man physically abused the wife and kids, I guess she might decide that the man needed to die and take the job. That's how I see it.

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 09:16:17 am »
It’s funny how I was impatiently waiting for Web of Lies, and then couldn’t read it. I’ve finished now though. :D The one thing that through me for a loop was that when scrolling through this thread, I accidentally hit the only spoiler. Doh! So I kind of was arguing Donovan’s case all the way through reading Web.

I'm glad Donovan is gone - what a jerk. I like the new love interest, Owen Grayson. Mmm.

There relationship was never going to work, the cop and assassin, ha! Though it was inevitable that she would fall for the only straight cop in Ashland, especially when the rest are more crooked than the criminals; opposites attract.

There whole relationship fell down because she blamed him for not accepting what she was. But did Gin ever accept Donovan? I don’t think she did. It’s a touch hypocritical to expect something, but not give it back in return. In the end though, perhaps they were too opposite (and stubborn).

But, I like Grayson. Though I suspect he’s playing his own game.

Overall, I preferred the first book to the second, but I’m looking forward to Venom. Do you suppose this thing with Mab is going to be really drawn out?

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
  • Faint heart never won fair lady.
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 09:05:20 am »
Was I the only one doing the happy dance when Donovan went away? >D Nope, never liked him. Owen seems much more interesting and I think his metal elemental powers might be only the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. ;D
I hope the confrontation with Mab won't get too drawn out, but has anyone read the amazon synopses yet? I had guessed the little spoiler in there already, but I'm putting it behind other black bars, just so anyone who's more spoiler-virgin than me can decide not to read it. :P

It’s hard to be a badass assassin when a giant is beating the crap out of you. Luckily, I never let pride get in the way of my work. My current mission is personal: annihilate Mab Monroe, the Fire elemental who murdered my family. Which means protecting my identity, even if I have to conceal my powerful Stone and Ice magic when I need it most. To the public, I’m Gin Blanco, owner of Ashland’s best barbecue joint. To my friends, I’m the Spider, retired assassin. I still do favors on the side. Like ridding a vampire friend of her oversized stalker—Mab’s right-hand goon who almost got me dead with his massive fists. At least irresistible Owen Grayson is on my side. The man knows too much about me, but I’ll take my chances. Then there’s Detective Bria Coolidge, one of Ashland’s finest. Until recently, I thought my baby sister was dead. She probably thinks the same about me. Little does she know, I’m a cold-blooded killer . . . who is about to save her life.

Not hard to put 2 and 2 together and see that detective Coolidge is her sister. :)
Crazy Cat Lady on the loose. Beware.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 09:48:48 am »
**blinks**  Maz, I think your keyboard is broken. All I see is black lines and smileys.  8)   LOL
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 10:04:19 am »
 LOL LOL LOL

Interesting! Now I really can't wait!
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

lilliana

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 10:59:03 am »
See ya later Donovan, hello Owen.  ;D

I'm definitely more excited about Venom after read the synopsis.  :D

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 01:20:36 pm »
Was I the only one doing the happy dance when Donovan went away? >D Nope, never liked him.

He grated on me, I suppose. Is it possible to be too good?

Then there’s Detective Bria Coolidge, one of Ashland’s finest. Until recently, I thought my baby sister was dead. She probably thinks the same about me. Little does she know, I’m a cold-blooded killer . . . who is about to save her life.

Donovan recommended her for his old job. Bria and Gin are definitely going to butt heads, especially if Bria is of the same like-mind as Donovan. Watch out for the fireworks.

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2010, 03:44:14 am »

lilliana

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2010, 04:21:50 am »
Ooh, that cover is hot! I'm probably going to get Venom next week sometime.  :D

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2010, 04:59:00 am »
Me too.

I'm interested in where this series is going, but I hope they don't draw out the sister reveal for too many books, or the Mab storyline.

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2010, 09:54:52 am »
 :-' :-' My internet bookstore is running late and so my babies still have to get here...Venom among them (if you consider Killbox and Bayou Moon were part of the same order, you can imagine how deep runs my desperation).

lilliana

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2010, 10:01:18 am »
*HUGS* Maz, I hope you get your babies soon. That's rough.   :(

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2010, 10:16:15 am »
I know. I went and picked up Magic Bleeds to re-read while I wait. It's helping a lot. Curran. :-LOVE

Still *swiftly goes back on-topic* I would have liked to know what happens between Gin and Owen more. :P

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2010, 03:03:53 pm »
 bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY

I forgot it was out!
Hmm... paycheck on Friday... can I?... Of course I can squeeze it in!  :D
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden