Author Topic: Lisa Shearin  (Read 22000 times)

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
Re: Lisa Shearin
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2011, 06:08:30 pm »
I found the last three chapters disappointing... but only because it meant I had to wait another year for the rest.  9)
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2011, 01:12:03 pm »
I found the last three chapters disappointing... but only because it meant I had to wait another year for the rest.  9)

You almost scared me there! I *loved* the ending :)
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2011, 06:29:55 pm »
I love that there's no endless dithering. Choice made. Moving on now to extra in-relationship HAWTNESS. Also the presumed potential love interest for Tam -- I like her!!

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2011, 09:33:15 am »
I love that there's no endless dithering. Choice made. Moving on now to extra in-relationship HAWTNESS. Also the presumed potential love interest for Tam -- I like her!!

I agree. This is how to handle resolution in multiple love interest books. I love how she and Patty Briggs handled it. SO much better than others who - after around 12 books - still can't have their heroines make a decision.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

charmed

• Mechanic
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2012, 03:32:05 pm »
The next book, All Spell Breaks Loose, is out tomorrow, May 29th. I am finally going to start reading this series. :D

I have an interview with Ms. Shearin and a US giveaway for her new book at my blog, if you feel like checking it out.
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2012, 12:30:20 pm »
I absolutely  :-LOVE loved  :-LOVE All Spell Breaks Loose! What an amazing end to the series! I think Shearin made excellent choices.