Author Topic: Lisa Shearin  (Read 25526 times)

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
Re: Lisa Shearin
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 10:46:38 am »
OK I'm torn with her love interests- although I think she has more chemistry with Tam than Mychael. I also loved when she used glamour and got punched in the balls so to speak :D

1) I agree about the chemistry, and 2) I thought that scene was one of the most interesting in the whole book. I can safely say I've never heard that described before - It was very eye-opening. I wonder if any of our male posters could comment on the accuracy :)
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 11:00:24 am »
Its probably really really painful- glad Im not a guy :D

In the link I posted - the interview that Lisa posted with Raine - there was a great tidbit of her being engaged to someone when she was younger. And it was hinted further we will probably see that later in the series.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 07:20:10 am »
The cover is up for The Trouble with Demons book 3 of this series and a synopsis. I do think this cover is the best yet- I think its more fitting and somehow more Urban fantasish if that makes sense. The book will come out in April and from the sounds of it the love triangle is gonna get complicated even more so and more trouble for Raine ;D
http://www.lisashearin.com/books.cfm#book3
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 07:36:40 am »
Ooh, that looks *really* interesting! Thanks Has!
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 07:45:57 am »
I know- it looks things heat up between her and the two love interests Mychael and Tam. I want to know how she became bonded- I think her feelings helped to create the catalyst- when she made out with Tam she felt it but Mychael is interesting. This series is fast becoming one of my favourites :D

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 12:35:07 pm »
First 3 chapters is up for Trouble with Demons!!!!

http://www.lisashearin.com/chapters.cfm?b=3&ch=1

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 08:42:43 am »
Wow great exerpts!  I can't wait to get the book and devour it.  Thanks Has :)

lacrima

• Tool Wrangler
  • Sleep is overrated anyway. Where's my coffee ?
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 06:38:52 am »
I love this series!! *jumps up and down*
I've finished 'The trouble with demons' the day it was out, and now I can't wait for the next book. ;D

"Give me an opportunity to fail. I promise that my corpse won't interrupt your 'I told you so' speech."

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2009, 08:45:05 am »
Another terrific book from her!

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 06:29:04 am »
I agree!

I finished this last week and I thought it was the best yet :D

Headsup - Bitten By Books has a chat with Lisa with a question and answer session - so post any questions there plus there is a giveaway!
http://bittenbybooks.com/?p=7923

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2009, 08:57:12 am »
I really like these books! They are tons of fun and I can'y wait for book 4!
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Sofy

• Tinker
  • I'm a lurker.
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2009, 01:34:47 am »
it's a really good series, and I enjoyed reading the first 3.  :)

btw, the 4th's released date is 2010. it will be called  BETRAYED AND MAGICAL....no precised date so far, though.

there's more elements on the future books on her website : http://www.lisashearin.com/ and her blog : http://www.lisashearin.com/blog.cfm

:D
First Worshipper of the Goddess Caffeine !!!!

lacrima

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2009, 02:11:24 am »
Uhm, I'm sorry to disappoint you, Sofy, but the fourth book is called "Bewitched & Betrayed".
And Lisa is currently running a contest to name the fifth book.

"Give me an opportunity to fail. I promise that my corpse won't interrupt your 'I told you so' speech."

Sofy

• Tinker
  • I'm a lurker.
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2009, 10:23:57 am »
Uhm, I'm sorry to disappoint you, Sofy, but the fourth book is called "Bewitched & Betrayed".

oups. I was obviously thinking about something else when I typed this, because i thought I wrote "Bewitched & Betrayed"  LOL
First Worshipper of the Goddess Caffeine !!!!

lacrima

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2009, 12:45:56 pm »

oups. I was obviously thinking about something else when I typed this, because i thought I wrote "Bewitched & Betrayed"  LOL

Oh, I know those moments. :D Or is it days ? ;D  LOL