Author Topic: Steal the Dragon game  (Read 50709 times)

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Re: Steal the Dragon game
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2010, 08:22:12 pm »
I think the snake looks really good. :) I agree the fox is adorable.
Hurog Means Dragon.

Piper

• Mechanic
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2010, 08:25:00 pm »
I love them all!! Fantastic job Kyria!!
"When children are difficult, they just need a nap.
When men are difficult, they're dubbed born leaders.
When I speak my mind, I'm considered a b**ch"
"B**ches rule!"

Janilee

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2010, 04:51:37 am »
The second snake is truly a better conceived piece of art.

The fox is cute.

What will you pour into the latex mold?

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2010, 05:21:03 am »
I am impressed! Really good work.

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

jackie

• Mechanic
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2010, 05:50:42 am »
The snake is really nice.  But it doesn't have the same round base as most pieces do.  You'll need to do other pieces that are different, or he won't look right with the rest.   Though the mushrooms don't have it, so that should help.  The stag would work well with something other than the round base...

The fox is really cute, but I thought they were longer through the body.  He looks kinda catlike.  Maybe if the tail was bigger...

Kyria

• writers
  • Big Bad Wolf
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2010, 06:00:43 pm »
Yeah, I know I need to get some non-round bases in there, and I will probably do the stag and the dragon that way at least. 

As for the fox's body, yes, he's kinda on the chunky side.  I'm slowly working him down a little slimmer, but if I take off  too much in the wrong place I'll wind up with a hole... and I can't pour a mold with a hole in it, or the result won't come out.  I'll see about adding a bit to the tail, too. 

I've got two molds finished up, so sometime before too long I can go get stuff to make the molds out of.  Probably plaster of Paris. 

Janilee

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2010, 06:12:27 pm »
I assumed a fox kit, so the rolley-polley look worked for me.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2010, 06:18:26 pm »
That's a charming idea!
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

jackie

• Mechanic
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2010, 05:51:57 am »
I hate to suggest this, because he is really cute,  but one of the classic Fox images is curled in a ball with a snout either over or under the tail.   

Kyria

• writers
  • Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2010, 08:00:43 am »
If/when I make a second type, I'll do a curled up fox.  I do love curled up foxers. 

lovingcrew

• Tool Wrangler
  • My lovely kitty.
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2010, 07:35:20 pm »
What if you made the stag standing on an incline?  As if it is climbing a mountain, one foreleg on higher ground and his head tilted up like someone else mentioned.  That would make the base stand out from the others.  You could even make the base triangular instead of rounded!  These are all gonna look so cool when they're done!  Oh man, I think I need to calm down . .  bOuNcY lol

Kyria

• writers
  • Big Bad Wolf
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2010, 08:06:04 pm »
Momentarily I will have some photos uploaded with my idea for the stag.  Basically, I suck at ungulates (that's hoofed animals, for you non-biology types out there).  His legs and neck are too short, and he is, in general, too big.  But basically, I needed some way to fill in under his belly to make him more stable.  Oh, and I haven't done antlers yet, obviously. 

OK here they are (with the fox for size comparison... he's shiny cause he's got sealer on him so the mold won't stick):

Also, someone up thread was wishing they could see me work.  Now, I can't quite manage that, but I can attempt a play-by-play of the process.  First, I start with a ball of clay!

Mmm, and somebody was wondering about how many pieces there are.  When I was reading this time, I noticed that Rialla refers to most of the pieces in singular tense, so I'm guessing each player only has one owl, one dragon, one fox, and so on.  She refers specifically to two mushrooms: "she moved one of her mushrooms" and a bit later " she poisoned his frog with her other mushroom." 
That sounds to me like each player only has two mushrooms and one of the other pieces, instead of a bunch of mushrooms like we originally thought. 

Janilee

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2010, 05:52:14 am »
Which means you could do four types of mushrooms. So each side could have two different mushrooms.  LOL

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2010, 07:17:56 am »
Or - sorry, my mind works this way - the mushrooms could be like pawns in chess; you start out with several (8 pawns) and can have them 'taken' by the other side.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

jackie

• Mechanic
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2010, 07:25:07 am »
The start on the stag is pretty good.  The line of the throat looks right.