Author Topic: Jesse and her men, current and future  (Read 20176 times)

Lord_Raken

• Grease Monkey
Jesse and her men, current and future
« on: February 08, 2010, 05:35:14 am »
Jessie seems pretty comfortable around werewolves, so I could see her falling for a wolf. However, I think its also just as likely that she ends up with a human. I suspect Jessie would judge and evaluate someone on their personal qualities and not on weather they turn all hair and grow fangs on the full moon.

Wolves, though, do come with a lot of conditions and special circumstances. The male dominated society would not be comfortable for Jessie (like Mercy). If I remember correctly Jessie is currently going out with Gabriel (right name?)..... (also, side thought. In a fantasy book the name Gabriel is often VERY significant or even LITERAL ;D)

ETA: modified title to reflect new thread - charmed, books mod
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 03:56:23 pm by charmed »

Lord_Raken

• Grease Monkey
Re: Jesse and her men, current and future
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 08:40:24 pm »
WHOA! I must be sleep posting cause I don't remember creating this thread.

Any way, lets get this thread rolling.

If Jesse probably ever got involved with a Werewolf I think it would be a relatively young one. You know, one who hasn't been a wolf for more than a year and jesse knows WAY more about being a Werewolf than he does. It would make the typical Male dominant style relationship a little more even.

Mac was a good possibility but that option was killed off (literally) before it had a chance to get past the "mild interest" stage.

Currently though, Jesse is involved with Gabriel and is, if the way he is portrayed in the books are any indication, a keeper.  :D

HAHA! Maybe we'll get both. I always thought Gabriel's honor and chivalric nature would make him a good wolf. After Jesse was attacked and Adam was all in a rage, if Gabriel hadn't been the default target of Adam's rage I suspect he would have been rearing to go after those boys almost as much as Adam... or maybe I'm imagining things.

Ben is a oddly intriguing and incredibly messy possibility. Just think of all the conflict that would come from that..... AH drama! That would be a pretty... not dark but ominously dusky turn and I kinda like Ben as the foulmouthed tough guy with a past and a pretty good heart he does his best to keep hidden.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 08:47:00 pm »
WHOA! I must be sleep posting cause I don't remember creating this thread.

No, we split this post off from the "Jesse AS Werewolf" thread since you insisted on going off on this topic.  See charmed's note at the end of the initial post.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

Lord_Raken

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 05:02:17 pm »
 I don't remember "insisting" on any thing, but that doesn't matter, its fixed now.

Anyway. Realistically, unless something happens to Gabriel I don't see a new man coming into Jesse's life any time soon.

But its still fun to speculate.

What if she gets involved with a Fae? That would be awkward and dangerous. "Excuse me... you are HOW old?"  LOL

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 10:59:59 am »
Some werewolves can be classed as old.

Fae? Ooo, what about Tad as a potential love interest?

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
  • I am from AUSTRIA. No koalas!
    • my livejournal
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 11:07:09 am »
seeing as jesse is still a minor I find the thought of her being entangled with somebody OLD, as in werewolf or fae, a bit disturbing. that was actually the one  thing that always irked me with buffy (and I liked the series) and is one of the things I can't stand about twilight.

my opinion: grown men should not display any interest in minors. period. (two or three years of age difference are of no real concern to me.... but what EXACTLY does a 50 year old see in a 16 year old?)

If we are talking jesse's longtime future here.... I'd prefer her ending up with someone her age or only slightly older.... (just my personal opinion here).... maybe a werewolf, though I wouldn't wish the ageing-thing to be a problem for her in the future.

GW  WK  WH

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 11:18:47 am »
I got a proposal as I graduated high school from a retired man...they want the youth to make them feel younger, but also to mold the younger spouse to their desires, and sometimes to take care of them when they become physically or mentally feeble.  In previous decades/centuries, the younger wife would not only do those things, but she would care for and possibly give birth to yet more children for him.

I don't condone it, but I do comprehend it.

Jesse, I believe, is too smart to go with someone she knows to be a great deal older than she is.  She's happy dating Gabriel for now; that might last or not; there's still her (very likely) college years to be dealt with, and depending on what kind of career she settles on, a were or fae husband might be a good thing.  Alternatively, she might end up willy-nilly falling in love with someone who has nothing at all to do with sensible choices.

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 01:00:56 pm »
Still she did go into creapy fairy queen world.
Howl more, whine less

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 06:56:41 pm »
Which has what to do with her men?

spencerharper

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 07:02:20 pm »
I think little gray wolf meant Jesse went into the faerie world to rescue Gabriel

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 07:27:15 pm »
Ah.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 09:04:20 am »
That was how I read lgw's comment, though he could have stated it more clearly.
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 09:09:40 am »
Glad it got cleared up; I was completely confuzzled.  She could still stick with Gabriel, I know it happens; I just think that it is possible that they could either or both, move on.

little gray wolf

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 12:19:42 pm »
Sorry about the confusion, but I ment that she loved him so much that she risked a lot to rescue him and that he ment enough to her that Ari could use her to find Gabriel.
Howl more, whine less

Gerd D.

• Auto-Zauberer
  • "Bunnies! It might be bunnies!"
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2010, 03:32:02 pm »
Got her father's sense for loyalty, leave no man behind.
“Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.”

Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"