Author Topic: Wishing Well  (Read 4189 times)

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
Wishing Well
« on: February 07, 2010, 07:13:35 pm »
Hi Patty,

Throwing a coin in the well and wishing. Can't tell you what I wished for because I want it to come true.  :P

an albino tea maker and an elf who was a merchant

Who wouldn't want to read all about those two characters. I know I would. I see the AOS&S is out of print. Do we have a chance to read this? Maybe posted on the site or on the forum? I don't know what the copyright issues would be but I do know I'd love to read it. :)
Hurog Means Dragon.

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
Re: Wishing Well
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 07:44:26 pm »
Elle:
I just spoke with Patty about this yesterday.  The story has very little commercial value, and is long since out of print.  However, before we can post it to the website, we'll need to talk to Patty's agent.  Basically, we need to make sure that she knows we're putting it up just so that she doesn't try to sell rights to someone else for it.  That probably makes no sense.  Gah!

We'll jump through a few hoops, and I hope to be able to put it on the website in a week or two.  How's that?
Where's my super-suit?

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 08:04:50 pm »
Mike. You and Patty are awesome. It makes perfect sense. Thank you both just for the effort!
Hurog Means Dragon.

charmed

• Mechanic
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 08:06:37 pm »
That would be so cool! Thanks :)
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 08:23:00 pm »
Even if you could SELL it somewhere for second publication & let us know so we can lay our greedy little hands on it, I would be happy.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 02:49:56 pm »
Sorry for the delay -- I had to wait until Patty's agent got back to us.  Patty's agent gave the thumbs - up, so Wishing Well is now available on the hurog site.  You can get to it from the books page, or just go here.  Enjoy!  :D
Where's my super-suit?

charmed

• Mechanic
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 03:45:53 pm »
YAY!!! Awesome news! Thanks Mike :)
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 03:49:55 pm »
Ohhhh Thank you so much! :D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D