Author Topic: When Demons Walk Discussion  (Read 30152 times)

DogPatch

Re: When Demons Walk Discussion
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 04:32:43 am »
I just picked up a copy at Wal-Mart. I'm off to reading ... no work for me today!  :D

Jenn

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 12:14:15 pm »
Enjoy

It is my fav of Patty's books next to Mercy.

I chuckled and laughed.

Lyranda

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 09:13:17 pm »
This is the book that got me started with Patty and is still one of my favorites.  I just love the scenes of Sham playing Kerim's mistress, especially when his mother was around.

DogPatch

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 02:16:38 am »
I just picked up a copy at Wal-Mart. I'm off to reading ... no work for me today!  :D

Loved this book.  I sat down to read and didn't do anything else.  Patty sure can be addictive, can't she? ;D

Sham is easy to like and understand.  A strong character.  Elsic, the selkie, was excellent; I was hoping for more of him.

I saw Sham as an earlier version of Mercy.  I guess I should have read her books in order, but I can't read what I don't have my hands on. 

beverlyp

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2008, 07:55:19 am »
I have this book but have never read it..i don't have the other 2 books.  Can u read this one as a stand alone or do i need to start with masques?

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2008, 09:17:15 am »
You can read it as a standalone.  It takes place in the same world, but isn't otherwise that connected.
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

DogPatch

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2008, 09:27:44 am »
I have this book but have never read it..i don't have the other 2 books.  Can u read this one as a stand alone or do i need to start with masques?
I haven't read the other ones either.   :'(
I enjoyed it a lot.  I will probably get the other 2 books, read them and then re-read When Demons Walk.  I am sure that I will understand more of it that way, but I would consider it a stand-alone.  Geez, can't speak/write today.   :-\ Yes, it reads as a stand alone.

beverlyp

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2008, 05:05:05 am »
thanks..i think i will move it up in the 2 be read pile..i was waiting until the new masques patty is working on comes out.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 08:49:55 am »
Don't torture yourself, read as you get the chance, "Masques" & the sequel are very low on the priority list, you're looking at 3-7 years!
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

Temari

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2008, 11:07:09 am »
I love this one too. I really liked Kerim's mother's reaction to Sham - very nose in air. I laughed at her comment on Sham wearing 'yet another outfit of unsuitable clothing'  :D

dsgholam

• Tinker
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 02:54:01 pm »
My favorite outfit of Sham's was the one her maid described as something like "so modest my grandmother would approve" (not an exact quote) just so her other outfits would stand out all the more! Also, the image of Kerim returning to find Sham flinging bits of his room into the fire and her just saying "oh good, you're here, help me move this," (again not an exact quote) was hilarious!

"Please don't shoot the pianist, he's doing his best." -printed sign in America seen by Oscar Wilde

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2008, 03:10:57 pm »
She's something, all right.  I like the way she saw how he expected her to react to the wheel chair, & she just suggested an improvement instead.  Then the gleeful way he did help her destroy stuff, how theraputic it was.
It's a leap year. Sanity is in short supply.  You can't have mine.

beverlyp

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2008, 08:24:32 am »
okay gonna start it now..i was trying to finish up blood noir, but u guys won me over...

Temari

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2008, 11:32:16 am »
Yay! Good choice, beverlyp. Enjoy!  :D

dsgholam

• Tinker
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2008, 11:00:17 am »
okay gonna start it now..i was trying to finish up blood noir, but u guys won me over...

HaHa! Our brain washing techniques are working!  :D

"Please don't shoot the pianist, he's doing his best." -printed sign in America seen by Oscar Wilde