Author Topic: The Hob's Bargain Discussion  (Read 67204 times)

Ann Aguirre

• Tool Wrangler
    • Ann Aguirre
Re: The Hob's Bargain Discussion
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2008, 05:46:39 am »
Yes, I have. Wonderful! She's another of my favorite authors.

Andee88

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008, 11:28:56 am »
I just read The Hob's Bargain and loved it! I wish there was a sequel, because I adore Caefawn. Who knew a tail could be so cute, and have so much personality? I'd love to see more about his and Aren's romance, but it does work well as a stand-alone. I picked it up on a whim because the back said "Beauty and the Beast" and I love those types of stories, especially ones like Rose Daughter that someone just mentioned. I'm one of the ones who has always wished the Beast would have stayed a beast instead of an turning into an annoying prince in the Disney version. Now I need to go out and read the rest of Patty Brigg's books!

opramum

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2008, 11:35:01 am »
Welcome Andee88!  You are going to find lots to tempt, inform and entertain you on the boards.  Hop on over to the introduction threads and tell us about yourself!
Hobs Bargain was my first Patricia Briggs book, and I was hooked!  You will enjoy all the rest of them too!
Esteemed member of the SOOGA

Elle

• Lone Wolf
  • Administrator
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2008, 04:27:48 pm »
My re-read has revived my love for the Hob's tail. It's totally another character in this story and it's fun to read about it's adventures in aiding Caefawn in his courtship of Aren. :D
Hurog Means Dragon.

Snoopy

• Critique groups
  • Tinker
  • To live is to dance, to dance is to live.
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2008, 09:58:56 pm »

Elle, I love that flirtatious tail, too!!
I'm also curious to see how the whole Kith-Wandel thing ends! Can't imagine Wandel actually killing Kith...
Not quite finished with the book, but will be by Saturday, ready for the chat.
Check out my aspiring-writer's blog: http://mylinesmylife.blogspot.com/

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2008, 03:59:05 am »
I have a question about Rook and Quillar they appear to be Sheildmates are they? I want how mad the River guardian is going to be.
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

Ceph

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2008, 05:12:16 pm »
I bought this book about two hours ago and just finished it and decided I couldn't just leave it without begging for a sequel!  I loved Caefawn and his tale....loveloveLOVED him :)  Awsome book! (would loooove to see more :p)

~Cate

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2008, 12:08:06 pm »
This was the first of Patty's books that I read. I saw Blood Bound first but the cover was a little... suggestive? I have a whole wack of little siblings who read my books so I have to be careful :(. So I got The Hob's Bargain for an idea of Patty's style... and absolutely fell in love ;D. A sequel would be neat but I agree that Aren and Caefawn should not be the main characters, they are in the "happily ever after" stage. Unless, of course, Patty can think of a plot that would not detract from what is already written ;D?
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Grey Drakkon

• Mechanic
    • Ranasp's Deviant Art Page
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2008, 04:20:59 pm »
Just wanted to say that I spotted Hob's Bargain at Wal-Mart in it's spiffy new cover. :)
"Sometimes its hard to tell the difference between existentialism and a bad mood."  ~Kris, "Blade of Tyshalle"

Granite Owl

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2008, 11:36:49 am »
I think i own all of Patty's books now.. other than the first Sianim book.. sorry $120 is a little steep for a used book for me :)  I just got Hob's Bargain this past weekend.. read it Saturday.. wonderful. And yes.. i want to know what happens to Aren and Caefawn.    I"ll probably re-read it this week...  since i just re-read the whole Mercy series again Monday and Tuesday.  I just can't get enough of these characters.

Owl

pyxie

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2008, 07:33:53 pm »
I loved this book!  I am new to the forums and this site, I just logged in because I just finished the book, and was looking for info on a sequel.  I sure hope she writes one, I loved Caefawn!

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2008, 07:52:36 pm »
Welcome, pyxie!  Regrettably, Caefawn & Co. probably won't get a sequel any time soon.  But we have a lot of fun with him anyway.  Poke around & find some of the other stuff about the Hob.  And all the other fun characters & worlds Our Hostess has invented.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

imaknitknut

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2008, 10:03:39 pm »
OH My!! ok i just joined today.. I love all of Patricia Briggs books that i have bought and read.. definitely like the Mercy series.. BUT BUT BUT!!!!!! The Hob's Bargain.. i love it. I couldnt put the book down. I want more. I want to see a sequel. LOL. The end is open to several different possibilities. I can see some survivors making it to Fallbrook and running across a child with red eyes and a tail.. that would be cute.  Many different ways this could go. But i would love to see a sequel. The joining of the two could be were it gets "hot and heavy". 

Gretchen

pence

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2008, 01:03:12 pm »
Positing overlapping worlds -  how about a story with Sham - from When Demons Walk collaborating with Arin and the Hob.  Sham and the Hob appear to have a compatible sense of mischief, and I think that she and Arin would get along rather well.

beverlyp

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2008, 05:46:27 am »
I just finished the hobs bargain I read it twice back to back..yeah, its that good, I loved it. I have been reading alot this summer cause the kids are home from school and when they play outside i sit out and read, it was such a wonderful story.  I would love it if there was a series, but its good as a stand alone story also.  well guess thats all, just wanted to rave for a minute.  So far everything i have read of patricia briggs, i have loved, now im off to read when demons walk.