Author Topic: Seanan McGuire  (Read 92231 times)

mystify

• Mechanic
Seanan McGuire
« on: December 18, 2009, 02:04:52 pm »
Has anybody read "Rosemary and Rue" by Seanan McGuire? I picked it up at my libary and I was hooked at the prologue. October Daye is the heroine and she is half-fae trying to solve the murder of a fae friend.

From Amazon:
October "Toby" Daye, a changeling who is half human and half fae, has been an outsider from birth. After getting burned by both sides of her heritage, Toby has denied the Faerie world, retreating to a "normal" life. Unfortunately for her, the Faerie world has other ideas...
The murder of Countess Evening Winterrose pulls Toby back into the fae world. Unable to resist Evening's dying curse, which binds her to investigate, Toby must resume her former position as knight errant and renew old alliances. As she steps back into fae society, dealing with a cast of characters not entirely good or evil, she realizes that more than her own life will be forfeited if she cannot find Evening's killer.

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty good book and I am looking forward to the next one.

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
Re: Seanan McGuire
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 07:01:27 pm »
I read and enjoyed it.  I am looking forward to the next one and seeing how the author develops.

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 08:14:32 pm »
I really loved it, mystify. I was horribly disappointed to find out the sequel wasn't out yet! LOL

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

mystify

• Mechanic
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 09:26:01 am »
Ha ha...I know...I hate having to wait. But I think I read somewhere that there will be 2 books coming out next year so that will be nice at least.

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 10:11:52 am »
Ooh that is good news! :)

lilliana

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 02:15:08 pm »
I really enjoyed this book too! I'm looking forward to learning more about Tybalt, The King of Cats. He's fabulous!  :D And at least we dont have to wait too long for the next book. A Local Habitation comes out March 2nd.

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 02:26:46 pm »
Yeah, Tybalt may get the modifier that I usually reserve for Pritkin from the Cassie Palmer series: Mmmmm... Tybalt. :D

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 06:15:49 pm »
I like him... ;)

mystify

• Mechanic
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 01:48:47 pm »
Yeah, Tybalt may get the modifier that I usually reserve for Pritkin from the Cassie Palmer series: Mmmmm... Tybalt. :D

I totally agree!!! Can't wait for more of him.   :D

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 06:46:24 am »
Hmm. Looks interesting!
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

charmed

• Mechanic
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 03:45:36 pm »
I requested this from my library. Darn bookpushers  :P
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 04:54:05 pm »
Well Art....? We are waiting ;)

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 12:44:56 pm »
 LOL Well, it was bought about an hour before my power adapter cord died and I had to finish another e-book that you evil bookpushers suggested before the battery died on me  >:(. I didn't manage it, there were only two chapters left! Now I have to wait until I get a new cord to actually read it and this is driving me crazy, it really really is.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

e_booklover

• Mechanic
    • The Bookpushers
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 03:04:27 pm »
Sweet!  Mission accomplished :D

charmed

• Mechanic
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 08:29:47 am »
I requested this from my library. Darn bookpushers  :P

Read it. Loved, loved, loved it.  :D :D :D
Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.