Author Topic: Kurious about all the Kara's  (Read 5346 times)

pfyffe

Kurious about all the Kara's
« on: November 21, 2009, 07:08:02 pm »
Kara (the werewolf), Kara (the adolescent), Kara (the travel agent) ... wow! That's a lot of Kara's! Does anyone know why Patty keeps using this name? I'm working on my first novel and character naming is not as simple as I thought it would be. I recently reread the entire Mercy series and then followed it with the A&O series and all those Kara's are a bit distracting. Not that I don't like the name, but it just seems like Kara is not a common name so it seems a bit weird that it keeps being used. Maybe Patty is honoring a friend (in real life) by using the name so often?

Just kurious....

#;-)

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
Re: Kurious about all the Kara's
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 07:56:10 pm »
Oddly enough, we don't even know a Kara.   One of the things that sometimes happens to Patty is that she'll get a word or a name "stuck" in her brain.  Lately it's been "awesome".  For some reason, when reaching for a name for a female character, Patty has "Kara" stuck on the brain.  However, she's aware of the problem, and we probably won't see any new Kara's.   Next week, look for a veritable cornucopia of  girls named 'Ashley'.  It just happens, and a really GOOD author would catch it before publication.  See, Patty still has things to learn.   LOL
Where's my super-suit?