Author Topic: Will the Raven universe ever have more books?  (Read 5873 times)

Kijin

• Tool Wrangler
Will the Raven universe ever have more books?
« on: September 24, 2007, 02:50:10 am »
Any plans to revisit the Raven world?  I know that I'd like to read more stories set in that wonderful world, I'm sure others would too.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 08:26:36 pm by Elle »

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
Re: Raven Series Question
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 09:13:16 pm »
Nothing for certain -- though I wouldn't mind revisiting either.  That world was one of those that has a lot more stories in it.  I think that there's a Hurog book before it, though -- and a whole slew of under-contract work first.
--Patty

Patty Briggs

• Administrator
  • Mechanic
    • Hurog.com
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 08:30:59 pm »
You are right, it is best to ask the source . . . but it's been about four years since I last looked at it.  I'll have to go dig up my notes -- and read the books again <grin>  to really answer this.  Unhappily it is not likely to happen soon.   Nineteen is right for Jesse.  Lehr is younger by one or two years.  Phoran is very near Jesse in age, maybe a year older.  Through most of the story, Seraph is in her mid-late thirties, Tier is mid-forties.

I won't say I'll never write another book in the Raven world, but my next five or six books are urban fantasies. I have to revise Masques, which will be my next traditional fantasy.  And then I'll probably write that third Hurog (Dragon Bones, Dragon Blood) book.  But that's pretty far in the future, so I might change my mind.
Thanks,
Patty 

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 03:41:13 pm »
Shalon:
I don't think Patty has any plans to write another book in the Raven series, but never is a long time.  I know she's toying with another Hurog book at some point.  The problem is that currently she's got five or six more books under contract, and it's really hard to say what's going to interest her three or four years down the road.    Sadly, it takes far longer to write a good book than it does to read one  :(

I'm glad you enjoyed the raven books, I thought they were a lot of fun as well.  Especially since Tier and I share so many good points ;D

Warm Regards,
Mike
Where's my super-suit?