Author Topic: C.E. Murphy  (Read 25406 times)

Gwendolynn

• Tinker
Re: C.E. Murphy
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2008, 11:06:16 am »
Her new book is in my TBR pile.  I tried reading it yesterday, but I couldn't get into it.  I'm not going to force it and just wait until my mood fits it better. 

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2008, 03:19:13 pm »
skip to chapter 3 or 4 start there.
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

mystify

• Mechanic
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2008, 07:51:00 am »
I finished House of Cards last night. It did start out slow for me but then I got into it and I've decided I did really like it. I liked how there was a lot more about all the other Old Races in it and you really got to see some of them with their power. However, Alban is my favorite character and I think the story needed more of him. :)

Gwendolynn

• Tinker
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2008, 10:50:49 am »
I’m undecided on this book (House of Cards).  I finished it last night and part of me thoroughly enjoyed it, but part of me was irritated.  I like the world she has going on and I enjoy most of her characters, but I have a hard time with Grit at times.  Some of her mannerisms drive me insane.  I adjusted once the story got going though.  I have the impression that the author and I view the world very differently and I really have to let things go in her books or I get annoyed.  Not a bad thing, just a preference thing. 

emmad

• Tinker
    • JDK Lodge
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2008, 06:28:32 pm »
I was looking for something to read today and stumpled over Coyote Dreams.  The title reminded me of Mercy so I bought it lol.  So far is okay so will see how I go.  Bit peeved to find is the last in a series though :)

Gwendolynn

• Tinker
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2008, 07:03:44 pm »
Did anyone else read The Queen’s Bastard?  It is the first book in her new Inheritor’s Cycle series.  I really, really did not care for it.  Then again, it has been compared to Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel series and I didn’t really care for that either.  So, if you like the Kushiel series you might be interested in this. :-\

I will most likely still buy her last book in the Negotiator trilogy though. 

katy

• Mechanic
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2008, 06:20:08 pm »
Emmad,

I know what you mean -- I'm a bit obsessive about making sure I read series' in order!  I enjoyed this series, but I'm not at all sure if the third book would make as much sense without the first two.  Coyote Dreams is actually not the last in the series -- there has just been a bit of a delay between the books, due to the many other projects she is working on.  I'm not sure when the next one is due out, but its working title is "Cauldron Borne"

Katy

David G

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2008, 04:52:54 pm »
Heart of Stone and House of Flames were both great books. I can't wait for Hand of Flames to come out. Grit is a great protaganist and the background stories are really good.

David G

mystify

• Mechanic
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2008, 06:02:30 am »
I'm really looking forward to Hands of Flame also. It has been a good series.

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2008, 09:44:38 am »
HoF is out now saw it at BN friday.
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

mystify

• Mechanic
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2008, 11:21:09 am »
Oh good. I saw that Amazon had it in stock but the nearest BN to me is in a different city and I hate driving there just to find they haven't put it out yet.

David G

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2008, 10:41:45 am »
Awesome I will have to go get HoF as soon as I can. I can't wait.

David G

mystify

• Mechanic
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2008, 08:05:35 am »
I finished Hands of Flame on an airplane last night. I liked it. I won't post any spoilers but it was a good story and wrapped up enough of the story that I felt good about it but still left a few things she can always go back and write about if she ever wants to.

At the end of the book she said she's going to go back to writing the Walker Papers seriers now.

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2008, 06:41:05 am »
I just finished the third book of the Walker Papers series, and I was pathetically disappointed. I say "pathetically," because, well...

SPOILER

I understand why she chose to be a detective instead of being with Morrison... It was completely set up, it was completely in character, but, darn it! I liked her and I wanted her to have her cake and eat it too. So it kind of depressed me. I'm happy to see that there are more books coming... but am I alone in wanting this? Does it make me some sort of pathetic romance-ist??? lol

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

acread

• Tool Wrangler
  • the local mad scientist
    • AC Read Bookstore
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2008, 03:46:50 am »
Nah, Kate, I'm right there with your. I loved the Walker Papers. Since there are three more books to be published for sure and maybe more to come (this from C.E. herself), things might work out later.

I really enjoyed C.E. Murphy. Her Walker Papers more than the Negotiator books. I especially liked the description of her visions in Walker Papers books. 
I went through a phase...