Author Topic: C.E. Murphy  (Read 28676 times)

Thea

Re: C.E. Murphy
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 03:52:13 am »
I have been letting all the folks I have been getting to read your books so they can try to come.
I will be there with at least two other people if not more, so I alone will make sure you have at least 3 people.

I will see if I can get anyone to come up from Oregon too....

What date is it Mike?

tmpinsnty

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 09:43:27 am »
there is a new book coming out this week by c.e. murphy...not a walker paper but a new trilogy....sounds neat called Heart of Stone...
the next walker book won't be out until 2009 sigh
between now and then we have this new trilogy and another series

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 09:47:14 am »
I'll have to trek in to a B&N with my gift card & have a look.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

tmpinsnty

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 09:50:52 am »
should be there...they are not releasing it to ebook until thusday...sigh

Gwendolynn

• Tinker
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2007, 07:24:59 am »
I read Heart of Stone last week and I truthfully preferred it over the Walker Papers series.  At least for me, the Shaman experiences kind of interrupt the smoothness of the book and I always have to go back and reread those events.  I can’t wait for House of Cards and then Hands of Flame, which should both come out in 2008 (I hope, anyway). 

mystify

• Mechanic
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 06:37:50 pm »
I just finished Heart of Stone this week and I loved it. I will definitely be reading the second book when it comes out next year. I really loved the gargoyle aspect because I read about vampires and werewolves all the time so this was a nice change.

Staplegun

• Mechanic
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 11:43:24 am »
I agree, Heart of Stone was really good. However, I still totally enjoy the shaman books. ^.^ I'll be reading both and buying them all in tradesize even though they put a strain on my wallet >.<

It's interesting that they're coming out so close in time to each other though....and for some reason it felt more like a first book to me? Does anyone know if perhaps heart of stone was written before the shaman books and picked up after the popularity did? Eh, maybe not...just felt that way to me. It was amazing anyways :D

Thea

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2008, 05:30:29 pm »
I must be odd because I much preferred her Shaman series to the Watcher. It seemed clunky.

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2008, 09:39:44 am »
Sorry to be the voice of discontent, but ...

I was so excited when I read Urban Shaman b/c I liked the idea of the storyline and the combination of Native American and Celtic sources. But I eventually stopped reading her books because they were  waaay too descriptive for me. Maybe the hardest part of getting through her Shaman books was the ambiguity of when Joann was in a dream state or in the real world. While there was excess description, it wasn't on the things that would help me figure out what the heck was happening. I read the first chapter or so of Heart of Stone and saw much of the same, so I didn't get it. I think it's just a shame, because I think I could've really liked the books - but I just couldn't slug through them. I'm not sure I could describe what the heck happened through most of Thunderbird Falls.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Thea

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 09:23:44 am »
I think I see what you mean.
I had a hard time getting into the first book, but since it takes place near where I live, I kept up with it.

Cerulean

• Pack Member
    • Books and Chat
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 09:31:28 am »
I read Urban Shaman, which I really liked, then her short story in Winter Moon was okay, and Thunderbird Falls, which I couldn't stand. Oh, and I did read Coyote Dreams, too - while in BN :), hoping that TF was an aberration.  So I persevered, hoping she would get clearer, but I've now given up. Well, heck, I even tried reading the first chapter or so of Heart of Stone thinking that maybe her writing would be better in another world. So now I've officially stopped trying.
There are many people – happy people, it usually appears – whose thoughts at Christmas always turn to books. The notion of a Christmas tree with no books under it is repugnant and unnatural to them. – Robertson Davies (1997)

Thea

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2008, 05:20:54 pm »
That is how I felt about Laura Anne Gilman's books.
I guess we all have different thoughts about style.

mtomni

• Mechanic
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2008, 06:48:07 am »
I read the first book, Urban Shaman and the second book, Thunderbird Falls and I have to admit that I had problems with the woman.  Maybe it was the sarcasm or attitude, but it took a long time to get through them.

Does her new series have that same feel?  If it does, I think I will look for another author.

gryphon340

• Mechanic
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 04:12:39 pm »
Today Ce Murphy put up her Third series sample charpter is treaser section of her website.
life is terminal

"We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the sermon of the mount" Omar N. Bradley, U.S Army General

Thea

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2008, 12:41:39 am »
I just got the second book in the Negotiator series. I did not mean to continue reading this series, but now that I have it I am going to give it a try.