Author Topic: C.E. Murphy  (Read 28673 times)

ForGetMeNot

C.E. Murphy
« on: September 23, 2007, 04:52:03 pm »
I just read Urban Shaman this morning after about 2 years of picking this book up, putting it down, almost buying it, changing my mind.

The positive to this is that there are now 2 more books that I can look forward to reading in the near future...the downside...right there is usually a downside if you mention a positive.  I'll get back to you.

So new author/book for me this weekend that I really liked that's a good weekend.

:D

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
Re: C.E. Murphy
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 07:20:06 pm »
Same one as we have with our Hostess:  There aren't enough of them yet. >:(
But they are fun, with the police mechanic become patrol cop & apprentice shaman in Seattle.
(can you tell I'm trying to toll other hurogs in to read them too? :D)
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

Kijin

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 03:51:26 am »
Yeah, just adding another thumbs up for this great author.  I read too much, so I love when I find a series of books with a few already written, that way, no waiting   ;D

Konrad

• Grease Monkey
    • My booklog
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 07:14:40 am »
The positive to this is that there are now 2 more books

Two and half:
http://www.cemurphy.net/pages/wip.php

ForGetMeNot

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 08:04:58 am »
The positive to this is that there are now 2 more books

Two and half:
http://www.cemurphy.net/pages/wip.php

Yikes I think I acutally have Winter Moon with that short story around here somewhere.  Maybe in that pile of books, what about that bookshelf..or the other one..how about the stack that's threatening to flatten a cat...hmmmm

Books are my kryptonite

tmpinsnty

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 08:42:01 pm »
read them all... rather good... there are three and a half now

Thea

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 09:46:03 pm »
I like them and the weirdest thing is that the police shop they are mostly set at is in my neighborhood here in Seattle, so when I am driving around, more than any other local author, I think of her books and that - hey, that would be where the fey were! and stuff like that  :P

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 09:55:01 pm »
I'll have to re'read US, & get hold of the others.  I don't remember much which neighborhood it was.  I know that she interviewed some people in the U Dist. & that she did an anti-riot thing at the Center, but the rest of it is kind of vague, barring the whole 'seeing what was happening on Aurora on the approach to SeaTac' fiasco that opened it.  Er, topographically speaking.

Thea

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 04:43:56 am »
The low slung police station is in North Seattle about 5 minutes away from me. I drive by it once a week.
I lived near Ravenna where other action from I think it was book 2 took place.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 05:41:14 pm »
Are you over by Northgate?  That's my old stomping grounds, most of my family lives in Greenwood.

Thea

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 11:59:57 pm »
 :o
Patty L
I am just off the corner of 105th (Northgate Way) and Greenwood!
I go to a Northwest Hospital out patient doctor's place which is almost across the street from the police department.
And yes I go to the 'new' Mall (they just rebuilt a lot of Northgate) to the Barnes & Noble for my books.

But I go to the U Bookstore to see authors - Patricia is coming in January!!!!!!!!!! (And there are scenes from the book there - I got two degrees from there in the 80's).

So yes, you got it right on the nail.
 ;D - I am going to some of the Nano write ins from Greenwood.
I am not sure that CE has used Greenwood yet in her books. I think she actually lives in Alaska and has friends down here...

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 08:28:48 am »
Thea, I'll have to PM you, maybe we can set up a face to face to work on writing!  Tell us more here please about Mrs. Briggs - who, as you've seen IS pattY  to my pattI - coming to Seattle!  And UBook store, too?
By the way, is the very tall guy with the curly sandy hair still in charge of F&SF there?

Thea

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 04:38:57 am »
Yes, Duane is the very tall guy who is in charge of fantasy at the UW - He is cool and I love to talk to him about books.
He is the one who said he had gotten Ms Briggs and Yasmine Galenorn to come in January.

I would LOVE to meet up! I will try to send you a message (I am such a neophite on this board yet.)

Mike Briggs

• Administrator
  • Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 08:13:09 am »
Mike here:
Just wanted to confirm that Patty (and probably myself as well, since I don't like to have her traveling alone) will indeed be coming to Seattle in January.  She'll almost certainly be popping by bookstores in Spokane and the Tri-Cities area as well, as least to sign books.  She doesn't do very many real signings, but she frequently pops into stores and signs whatever they have in stock.  Yesterday she did a signing as Hastings here in Butte -- she sat with several other authors for FOUR HOURS.  They had a great time chatting among themselves, but Patty sold something like three books.   :'(

So, see you guys in January!
Where's my super-suit?

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 09:41:31 am »
Hot Zittety!  If you have an idea when you two would be at the store, & wanted to let me know, I'd undertake to find the people who have admitted to being Washingtonians & send them a PM of the time & day in case any of us can be there.
I'd imagine it's probably during a weekDay, which might mean none or few of us could be there, but it would be fun to try.