Author Topic: Question about Raven's Shadow  (Read 5932 times)

Tearadria

Question about Raven's Shadow
« on: September 18, 2009, 10:43:49 am »
Ok, so far I have read from Patricia briggs and currently own; Moon Called, Blood Bound, Iron Kissed, Bone Crossed, Cry Wolf, and Hunting Grounds..

I just recently bought Hunting Grounds and Raven's Shadow ( Was going to grab Raven's Strike as well but found a book on werewolves and couldnt help but getting that one...didnt have enough money for them all...though I wish I did ;/)

Anyways, I've already read Hunting Grounds and expect to read Raven's Shadow this weekend. My Question here is are these books along the same lines as the weres. As in the mystery/thriller with a touch of romance...Or are they in a completely different category? Also, for those who have read this series already...did you like them as much as her were series?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 08:37:51 pm by Elle »

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
Re: Picked up this book on Thursday
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 01:10:23 pm »
I enjoyed them, but they're very different. The main characters are in an older, established relationship, so romance isn't as big. It's more along the lines of a quest type adventure in my opinion. And it isn't my favorite of her series, I like her weres and the hurog duology the best.

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 01:27:03 pm »
Raven is a fantasy, rather than Urban Fantasy. I liked it well enough, though I think Hurog is better (Dragon Bones and Dragon Blood). the Mercy and Anna books are PB's first Urban Fantasy series.

It's worth the read, but it is different from the Mercy books.

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 02:14:58 pm »
As they said, it's quite different.  But I really liked them a lot.  It still has that wonderful Patricia Briggs characterization and storytelling.  I'd say both books are well worth reading.
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 06:50:41 pm »
The Raven Duology are like Classic Fantasy for the "middle aged" in that they've got hero & heroine who, through the major portion of the books, are parents of kids from about 10 to 15-18 years old.  They're not those 18 year olds themselves.

Jazzlet

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 06:21:54 am »
I love them for the fact that they are very much NOT coming-of-age fantasy and that the central characters have an established relationship, but still have more to learn about it and each other. Quite apart from the fact that they are cracking stories ;D

Eccentric_Rose

• writers
  • Pack Member
  • You will find love.
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 04:49:41 pm »
Though I haven't read all pf P.B. books yet this but series was my all time favorite of them.  :-LOVE
Dangers bring fears, and fear more dangers bring.

pjfrisch

• Tool Wrangler
Re: Question about Raven's Shadow
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 07:36:44 am »
As an older reader, I appreciated the romance of an old married couple.  Younger readers don't realize that one never knows the other person completely, and that even after years, there are still secrets to the other person.