Author Topic: Mercy, Children, and Family Questions  (Read 108516 times)

klasykrose

Mercy, Children, and Family Questions
« on: September 19, 2007, 02:27:16 pm »
If Mercy ever had children is there a possibility that they could be both Were and Walker?  I know you said that there might be a chance of having human, were, or walker.  But could there also be a combination of the two {were and walker}?

ETA: Edited for a title change. Elle.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 06:26:49 pm by Patti L. »

Pink Elephants

• Tool Wrangler
  • The Pink Elephant Mafia Rules the World
Re: Mercy, Children, and Family Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 10:12:46 am »
Would that mean the kid would be schizophrenic? Or would the kid just hate themselves? ???
And now to the feast of Capulet, where Romeo is doomed to meet his Juliet. And where, in a scene of timeless romance, he tries to get into Juliet's pants.

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 11:48:58 am »
It might be interesting having a were-walker combo.... like maybe they would have a wolf form, but not be bound to the moon.
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 07:10:56 pm »
Well straightforward weres & walkers aren't completely tied to the moon.  Mercy can change or not at any time.  Weres do have to change at the full, but may at other times.  To me, that isn't an issue.
What I wonder is: would the child/ren look like mutts?  half of each?  with only one alternate shape, prone to silver poisoning?  Or would they have 3 shapes, human, wolf, & coyote?  How many of which charactaristics would they have?  Strength?  Rapid healing? succeptibility to silver & moon changes?  Longer lifespan, shorter, or normal human?  Or would there be a range of variations if she had more than one child, just like the mutt offspring of (for instance) a husky & a dalmation?
We've had our toad for the 2020s, it's got to get better from here!
But do beware the toad burps.

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 01:54:30 pm »
ahhh... the wonderfully complicated world of genetics...

I think the mutt Idea is cool.... and they could have less strong versions of both the werewolf and walker powers.
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public... for the most part...

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 07:11:44 pm »
Or amplified, as sometimes happens in cross-breeding.  Now that would be seriously cool!

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 06:51:14 pm »
I'm all for the each child getting a slightly different blend, that makes sense to me.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 08:15:24 pm »
Like the children in the Raven duology? she asked slyly.

jenniwee

• Mechanic
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 07:40:05 pm »
Actually, I wonder how Mercy's children will be accepted by the pack.  Will they be like church babies, where everyone loves them and makes over them.  Or will they have to be protected.  And will the combination of were and walker traits affect how the pack treats them.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 07:51:19 pm »
A little of all of the above I believe. ^^

Spryte

• Mechanic
  • Wheeeeeeeeee!
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 11:35:32 am »
Depends on who you are talking with.
Warren, and some other wolves would probably love them.
Leah types would probably not have a problem with them being an appetizer.

jenniwee

• Mechanic
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 09:28:24 pm »
So, do you think were children never get sick?  No need for well baby check ups or immunizations?

Or what about having a baby walker in daycare?  "Really, she turned into a coyote in the middle of her nap?  No, I have no idea what could have caused that."

You'd probably go through alot of babysitters  ;).

But I think I'd like kids that stay healthy all the time.  I see our pediatrician way too much.

Pink Elephants

• Tool Wrangler
  • The Pink Elephant Mafia Rules the World
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 06:43:08 am »
It would really suck if the kid bit someone in day care. :o

"Has he had his rabies shots..."
And now to the feast of Capulet, where Romeo is doomed to meet his Juliet. And where, in a scene of timeless romance, he tries to get into Juliet's pants.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2007, 01:03:45 pm »
You know, I just thought about this for a couple of minutes, & it leads to some interesting speculation.
Because, as Charmed can tell you, kids bite each other anyway, & human bites are the worst to deal with.  It's weird when you think what animals lick, but human mouths are more full of disease than animal mouths as a general rule.
And we know that it takes being mauled nearly to death, or at least a bite to someone who's near death already to cause them to Change.  But what effect would a simple bite by a young were wolf, especially one who was born to it rather than Made, have on the child being bitten?  Would it get infected?  Cause a brief fever, like a cold?  Heal faster & more cleanly than if it had been a fully human child of the same age who bit them?

jenglows

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2007, 01:12:26 pm »
Most biters are toddlers around 18 months - 2 1/2 years and they rarely break the skin.  Usually, it's just a really nasty teeth imprinted bruise for a week or more. It takes a lot of force to break through skin - especially through clothing. Human teeth aren't that sharp when compared to animals that do a lot of puncture biting.  Even sharks use a side-to-side motion to tear instead of peirce flesh.