Author Topic: Mercy's College Major......  (Read 12348 times)

jackie

• Mechanic
Re: Mercy's College Major......
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 08:32:43 am »
Even though I recommended MIT,  you might like it better for post graduate work.  The undergrads are treated a bit like a neccessary evil.  I think it's important to choose an undergrad program that emphasizes teaching rather than research because undergrads are generally not allowed to research.

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 01:28:05 pm »
i am really interested in mechanical engineering as a degree.  do you guys know which school would have the best classes for that?
There are a lot of schools that have excellent ME programs.  MIT and CalTech are a few of the most famous technical focused universities (MIT for the robotics and AI programs and CalTech for SETI).  Most large universities have developed engineering programs, but you want to steer towards the more technical schools instead of the humanities.  Like Virginia Tech vs. University of Virginia (although those two schools both have excellent engineering programs).  The larger the Engineering department the more companies will send recruiting folks to check out students.  When choosing a school, keep an eye on the opportunities they provide their graduating class for job interviews and internships with companies that hire a lot of engineers.

thanks I'll look into those and thanks for the tip about post grad at MIT

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.

Reu

• Tinker
  • Draco invictus!
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 12:48:40 am »
i am really interested in mechanical engineering as a degree.  do you guys know which school would have the best classes for that?

Any of the engineering schools would have a decent program - Marquette in Milwaukee as well as Milwaukee School of Engineering are good, MIT, Cal-Tech, many others I'm probably missing...
Don't let the muggles get you down.
-Ron Weasley

Kiersten Walks Funny

• Tool Wrangler
  • Wannabe Supernatural Creature
    • http://www.myspace.com/kittykitty66
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007, 03:13:14 pm »
yeah my grandpa and uncle are civil and industrial engineers and i know my grandpa went to Marquette
i'll check those out thanks Reu

courtesy of Has

We all know these books are real, we just don't want to face it because the government keeps it all hidden.