Author Topic: Werewolves and Children (General Theory Discussion)  (Read 73738 times)

pjfrisch

• Tool Wrangler
Re: Werewolves and Children (General Theory Discussion)
« Reply #255 on: January 26, 2014, 02:20:24 pm »
I just saw a PBS show on the "CoyWolf", a cross between a certain Canadian wolf and a coyote.  Their environment is north of Toronto, although they are sometimes found in cities.  I couldn't help but think of coyote Mercy and wolf Adam.  Talk about your urban fantasy!  So, who says that wolves and coyotes aren't compatible?

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #256 on: February 01, 2014, 02:54:03 pm »
Yeah, but are weres and walkers?

Prince of Pain

• Mechanic
« Reply #257 on: February 12, 2014, 05:55:00 pm »
I bet her magic suppression can deal with were-baby magic induced natural abortions!  Why she'd probably only have to be laid up under bed rest for the last trimester.

The Deposed King
Q: What do you do when your friends turn on you and hand you over to the Vampires?
A: Get yourself turned into a werewolf and go back to rip their freaking heads off.

Come Check out my Blog and read my stuff at:
http://www.blog.admiralwho.com
Admiral Who? now available on amazon!!

SCoutts

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #258 on: February 24, 2014, 06:17:05 pm »
I seem to remember that this was addressed in one of the earlier books. Mercy mentions that weres can't have babies because 'the change' causes a natural abortion. But she doesn't have to change each months, and mentions she has gone for long periods without changing when she lived with her mother (I think she said years).  But it was never explained why humans can only carry the 'human only' fetuses. Since Charles' mother could carry a werewolf fetus, presumable it is the human system that is incompatible with the werewolf fetus.
So if Mercy isn't too human, she should be able to compatible with a werewolf fetus.
I feel a little silly spending the time to work this out in my head. But one thing I really appreciate about Patricia Briggs' books is that the world building 'works'. Little inconsistencies tend to pop out at me and pull me out of a story; especially when I re-read a book. But that doesn't happen when I read Ms. Briggs.