Author Topic: Eoin Colfer & Tanith Lee  (Read 10011 times)

Taranis

Re: Eoin Colfer & Tanith Lee
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 10:33:31 pm »
aw, crap!  She's calling in the troops!!  runforit!!!!  ;D

wizardbear

• Mechanic
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 09:38:31 am »
Tanith Lee I caught early, followed for a while, then she dropped off my radar, and I never figured out what happened. She's still writing, I think and a lot of her stuff has been/is being reprinted.

Birthgrave was good, Cyrion, The Demon series, Blood Stone, Kill the Dead (was awesome), I faded out before Paradys, so I missed over half of her stuff. Just too many writers, not enough gold, or enough time, to keep up on everything forever and ever. Somehow she didn't seem to make it into the libraries as often as she should have.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 09:48:00 am »
Oh, you may be the only other person I've run across who's read "Cyrion"!  I still own a copy.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

wizardbear

• Mechanic
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 09:52:57 am »
I think we have a lot of overlap. I liked the Cyrion story where he knows it's a demon cause it had no heartbeat when he hugged it. That was cool!

Gerd D.

• Auto-Zauberer
  • "Bunnies! It might be bunnies!"
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 09:58:27 am »
I've got a troubled relationship with Tanith Lee, tried to read "Heart-Beast" - three times, so far!
It's a beautiful looking book, wish it was written only half as tempting.

Ah, well, I promised myself to track down "Lycanthia" one day, maybe then I'll understand what makes Lee so popular. *Sigh*
“Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.”

Terry Pratchett, "Hogfather"