Author Topic: Frances Hodgson Burnett  (Read 4444 times)

Addicted Gamer

• Grease Monkey
Frances Hodgson Burnett
« on: March 17, 2010, 08:10:40 am »
I am also amazed that Frances Hodgson Burnett does not have her own thread as well.

I remembered watching A Little Princess on Film Net, with the unforgettable Shirley Temple.

And I also remember watching 1987 The Secret Garden on Film Net as well, with the unforgettable Colin Firth (BBC's Mr. Darcy) as the adult Colin Craven (ahh how interesting, he plays his own name-sake  8) )
I have always liked this one and could not care for the 1993 version with Maggie Smith (as Harry Potter's Professor Minerva McGonagall)

I own both books (of course) and the DVD of the Little Princess 1939 and The Secret Garden 1987.
Also my friend brought for me, from Taiwan, the Anime DVD of The Little Princess. I also have a wonderfully illustrated children's book (also from Taiwan).
As for The secret garden I have the Penguin's illustrated book (published somewhere in the 90's, I prefer the illustrations done in this period).
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 08:13:21 am by Addicted Gamer »

Janilee

Re: Frances Hodgson Burnett
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 11:04:20 am »
A once read a story of hers that has disappeared. The Little Prince was about a prince from an eastern european kingdom who had to travel alone to get his father back on the throne. It isn't in print. No one seems to remember it ever existed.

Addicted Gamer

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 11:22:02 pm »
A once read a story of hers that has disappeared. The Little Prince was about a prince from an eastern european kingdom who had to travel alone to get his father back on the throne. It isn't in print. No one seems to remember it ever existed.

You are right, the only other famous book is Little Lord Fauntleroy.
The other Little Prince book I could find on Amazon is "Le Petit Prince" seems like the French version is more popular >__<

Janilee

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 06:45:38 am »
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's Little Prince is definitely more famous. Probably because it has many levels of understanding.

Janilee

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 05:58:48 pm »
I just found The Little Prince on Amazon Kindle for free.  :D

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 06:05:59 pm »
Which was written by someone entirely different from the author whose thread you put it on...
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.

Janilee

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 06:09:15 pm »
Not the version to which I refer.

I once read a story of hers that has disappeared. The Little Prince was about a prince from an eastern european kingdom who had to travel alone to get his father back on the throne. It isn't in print. No one seems to remember it ever existed.

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's Little Prince is definitely more famous. Probably because it has many levels of understanding.

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 06:13:01 pm »
Ah, got it.
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.