Author Topic: General | Movies  (Read 5498 times)

ElefiNecol

• Global Moderator
  • Mechanic
  • Oh tea!
General | Movies
« on: July 29, 2009, 05:47:57 pm »
The following are Questions/Answers pertaining specifically to possible movies

ID Card

N/A

Mercy Verse
  • Update from Mike 12/21/2009
    Basically, we haven't heard anything new on the movie front for a year or more.  The rights are sold, and small payments are being made to maintain those rights.  The production company can make or movie, or sit on the rights for it, for as long as they want to.  That's just the way Hollywood works.
  • Will Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson make it to the big screen? BKS 2010-04-06
    • Ask her in about three months.

“I’ll be able to better tell you then,” she told about 80 fans at a book signing for SILVER BORNE on Tuesday night in Huntington Beach. Briggs, the author of the popular Mercy Thompson series — about a vampire-stalking coyote shapeshifter — said she has hired a lawyer who understands Hollywood to help sort things out, but if “it doesn’t go in the next three or four months, they’ll drop the contract.”  Briggs said the series has been optioned by 50 Cannon Entertainment, which is run by Mike Newell, who has directed a lot of interesting films, including “Four Weddings and a Funeral,” “Donnie Brasco” and “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.” And they’ve given her “an awful lot of control.” But if it doesn’t work out with 50 Cannon, she said she has had several other offers. However, if the series is picked up by someone else, “it will have to go to someone who will let me put my stamp on it.”
  • Will Patty write a screenplay for the movie? Chat 2008-01-06
    • No. I'd leave it to people who know how to write screenplays. I have agreed to write the adaptation of Moon Called to comic book format though.
  • Publishers Weekly Article on the sale of the options to turn the Mercy series into a movie

On the shopping side, Patricia Burke at Inkwell Management is going out with film rights on two titles--a YA book called Hush, Hush and a novel called Border Songs. Hush, Hush, whose print rights were just sold by Catherine Drayton at Inkwell in a two-book deal to Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, is by Becca Ajoy Fitzpatrick and follows a 16-year-old who becomes enamored with a fallen angel. Inkwell is dubbing the book part teen love story and part fast-paced thriller. Border Songs, by The Highest Tide author Jim Lynch, is a love story set in a Canadian border town; Tide is in development at the indie GreeneStreet Films. 

Link to source article

Anna/Charles
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 01:52:01 pm by ElefiNecol »