Author Topic: Ilona Andrews  (Read 450406 times)

pondhawk

• Lobo Loco
Re: Ilona Andrews
« Reply #1020 on: November 14, 2020, 09:44:44 am »
 LOL

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #1021 on: November 14, 2020, 09:05:16 pm »
 LOLFrost had a similar problem with his poem about a ride on a snowy night.

Kyria

• writers
  • Big Bad Wolf
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #1022 on: November 14, 2020, 09:36:25 pm »
One of my favorites was a teacher who liked to pick apart the poetry of songs, and one that we studied was „Vincent,“ by Don McLean. There’s a line that had the teacher utterly stumped as to what the songwriter was trying to convey:

„Catch the breeze and the winter chills
In colors on a snowy linen land“

She was totally bewildered by the „snowy linen land.“ I put forth the suggestion that maybe it meant that Vincent, the painter, had painted The Starry Night, which the song directly references, on a white linen canvas. She stared at me like I’d sprouted 3 extra heads and blustered over how she‘d never considered that before, but well, that was one possibility but that there was likely some deeper meaning that we were all missing.

Look, sometimes a duck is a bunny and a cat and belongs to a witch... but sometimes a duck is just a duck.

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #1023 on: November 14, 2020, 09:53:07 pm »
I think it was The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn that had an intro where Mark Twain outright states there are no ulterior meanings. Didn't stop my high school English teacher from making us write essays on those non-existent themes.