Author Topic: Ilona Andrews  (Read 309190 times)

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
Re: Ilona Andrews
« Reply #585 on: December 02, 2018, 02:22:16 pm »
What a tasty little tease.

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #586 on: December 02, 2018, 04:43:52 pm »
George doesn't seem to be much of one for the rules; Klaus may not, either. It might be a general trait of Arbitors. I suspect "Don't get caught" could be the only one they pay more than lip service to.

That is true, but Klaus hasn't been back to visit either of his siblings in years; presumably at least since he became an Arbitrator.  Which tells me that he must have a REASON for breaking the rules now.  Either Dina found something and got in touch with him; Klaus himself found something, and is reaching out to his siblings; or George is being meddlesome and suggested that Klaus might want to check in.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #587 on: December 02, 2018, 04:57:37 pm »
George being meddlesome? Say it ain't so!  LOL

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #588 on: December 03, 2018, 01:27:56 am »
Certainly he has a reason for this, and we'll just have to wait to find out what it is. BTW, I don't recall any mention before of Maud of Dina knowing that Klaus was an Arbitor. Did George mention who recruited him?
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

pondhawk

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #589 on: December 03, 2018, 05:39:55 am »
She doesn't need to have known he's an Arbitor. She just needs to know it's her brother Klaus. That would be enough. IIRC, Dina just thinks he's tooling around the universe looking for their parents. It's possible that Maud knew, but this is the first POV from her, so it hasn't come up. I kind of doubt that she knew.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #590 on: December 03, 2018, 07:04:25 am »
When Klaus recruited George, he informed him that the Arbitor's family is not supposed to be informed. On the other hand, the other Innkeeper family in Texas seems to know their son has the job of Arbitor.

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #591 on: December 03, 2018, 10:31:28 am »
No, their son is ad hal, a secret keeper, not an Arbitrator.

Dina and Maid don't know-until now - that Klaus is an Arbitrator, but we do. His sisters have thought that he was "traveling"

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #592 on: December 03, 2018, 02:05:54 pm »
O.K.

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #593 on: December 04, 2018, 01:12:37 am »
Mmm, yes. I'd forgotten that the family is to be kept in the dark regarding Arbitrator status.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 09:36:17 am by BillG »
Leo Buscaglia

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #594 on: December 05, 2018, 09:45:15 am »
Rereading the Epilogue, I was again tempted into speculating on the chance that somehow Dina and Sean could get away from the Inn for it, and their being announced ... "Dina DeMille, Innkeeper, and Sean Evans, Alpha werewolf, the Turan Adin, kill count incalculable ..."
Leo Buscaglia

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #595 on: December 05, 2018, 10:29:49 am »
I am completely on board with Sean being introduced at the wedding as Turan Adin!

The reactions of the rest of the vampires... and Arland, just calmly like, nah, we're cool now, totally allies. Friends, even; we have vanquished many enemies together!  We are even sort-of in-laws, since he's planning on sticking with my new sister-in-law, Dina. Have you met Dina? I recommend her Inn. Very invigorating. You should definitely try the coffee...

BillG

• Senior Pack Member
« Reply #596 on: December 06, 2018, 01:00:22 am »
Oh, yes! Try the delicious native beverage of Earth, coffee! LOL
Leo Buscaglia