Author Topic: Ilona Andrews  (Read 351527 times)

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
Re: Ilona Andrews
« Reply #225 on: June 08, 2015, 08:14:23 am »
 :D Poor Officer Maris. Orro has spoken! LOL

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
« Reply #226 on: June 08, 2015, 09:10:34 am »
Who didn't see it coming that Orro was going to stick around?
Officer Marais... sir, just be happy with your new fuel mileage and just Shut Up!

Grandpappy Wycked

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #227 on: June 08, 2015, 11:58:50 am »
Who didn't see it coming that Orro was going to stick around?
Officer Marais... sir, just be happy with your new fuel mileage and just Shut Up!

I expected Caldenia to offer to pay Orro's wages myself.
Sanity has Left The Building.
Please Contact Patti L. for further instructions.

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #228 on: June 08, 2015, 07:02:55 pm »
Orro probably should have held out for that.  It honestly sounds like Caldenia was desperate enough she might have considered it.

But, I thought from the beginning that it sounded like money is less of a motivator to Orro than the work itself.  And having Dina not only give him the chance to regain his place but also look past the guy who prepared the tea as the obvious choice for the poisoner (not that it would have worked in anyone's favor to blame him, but by his reaction you can tell that he was still afraid that would be the outcome), both make him inclined to favor her.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #229 on: June 08, 2015, 07:48:34 pm »
Very true. And he found a kitchen that need him.

BillG

• Pack Member
« Reply #230 on: June 09, 2015, 02:49:09 am »
Oro? He now has a place he is needed, he is an artist in need of a place to perform his art, and he may well be foreseeing that this Inn will have gained a reputation that brings him more challenges.
Officer Maris? He has a questioning mind, and knows something far outside ordinary is going on. If it was his own car with that gas mileage he might shut up and enjoy it, and how is he going to explain the fact that he is not buying gas or using it from the Department's pumps?
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
« Reply #231 on: June 09, 2015, 09:30:25 am »
I suppose it would go against his morals to siphon from his cop car into his personal vehicle.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #232 on: June 09, 2015, 09:41:50 am »
It might be what saves his job. LOL

Grandpappy Wycked

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #233 on: June 09, 2015, 10:47:49 am »
uhm, you guys are missing something, that cruiser may actually belong to him if he is being allowed to drive it for personal business. If he was sent out of town on business, he wouldn't get to take his cruiser, he would be expected to fly and use his personal vehicle. If the cruiser is actually his personal vehicle, then he can use it for personal business. There are some jurisdictions that offer incentives if the officers provide or pay for their own cruisers so the department can save money

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #234 on: June 09, 2015, 12:32:16 pm »
In that case, he should just enjoy!

BillG

• Pack Member
« Reply #235 on: June 10, 2015, 04:03:56 am »
uhm, you guys are missing something, that cruiser may actually belong to him if he is being allowed to drive it for personal business. If he was sent out of town on business, he wouldn't get to take his cruiser, he would be expected to fly and use his personal vehicle. If the cruiser is actually his personal vehicle, then he can use it for personal business. There are some jurisdictions that offer incentives if the officers provide or pay for their own cruisers so the department can save money

"Officer Marais rolled down his window. “I had a five-day training session in Houston this week. I don’t like leaving my family alone overnight, so I every day I drove to Houston and back.”"
For the story Officer Marais drove his cruiser on official business all this distance. I know nothing of police procedures, but I am startled at the idea that in some jurisdictions the officers own cruisers.
Someone higher in rank and wearing plain clothes I could understand using their own vehicles, but that shocks me.
Leo Buscaglia

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #236 on: June 10, 2015, 05:42:24 pm »
In TN it is required that constables procure their own vehicles.

Grandpappy Wycked

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #237 on: June 10, 2015, 07:13:39 pm »
the training is out of town, the district would have paid for him to fly up, but because he chose to drive, he would have to use his personal vehicle. Remember, in going to Houston, he is going out of his jurisdiction, which means his cruiser is useless as a Police Vehicle. The only way he could justify driving it is if it belongs to him.

BillG

• Pack Member
« Reply #238 on: June 11, 2015, 03:00:13 am »
the training is out of town, the district would have paid for him to fly up, but because he chose to drive, he would have to use his personal vehicle. Remember, in going to Houston, he is going out of his jurisdiction, which means his cruiser is useless as a Police Vehicle. The only way he could justify driving it is if it belongs to him.

Okay, it's just that the fact that there are jurisdictions where officers own the vehicles with the lights and sirens and radios and whatever else is way outside of my sphere of knowledge. Thanks for the information.
Leo Buscaglia

Patti L.

• Administrator
  • Hostess of Hurog
  • Not PattY Briggs. Keeper of the fluffy vortex.
« Reply #239 on: July 27, 2015, 09:26:43 pm »
Anne Sowards ‏@AnneSowards 11 hours ago

also: @ilona_andrews is taking questions this week on Goodreads's ASK THE AUTHOR. Info: http://www.ilona-andrews.com/blog/2015/07/26/ask-the-author/
Sanity on loan. Call back next year.