Author Topic: Ilona Andrews  (Read 331976 times)

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
Re: Ilona Andrews
« Reply #195 on: May 04, 2015, 01:57:53 pm »
And don't trust George.

...but I still picture George as the little boy from the Edge, so I have a hard time seeing him pragmatically after a certain point. 

So... the merchants brought Sean into the mix, knowing they could put themselves in a win-win situation by exploiting Dina and Sean's... can I call it romantic subtext?  I feel like they're not exactly friends, but they're not involved in a relationship at this time, either.  Anyway, either they get Sean as their champion until he dies, or they get the peace treaty signed, or (as they were hoping would be the case) both. 

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #196 on: May 04, 2015, 03:04:12 pm »
Wonder if it was part of George's calculation?

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #197 on: May 04, 2015, 03:31:10 pm »
I doubt it, I find it very unlikely he would have known that Dina and the current Turan Adins knew each other.

Grandpappy Wycked

• Pack Member
« Reply #198 on: May 04, 2015, 07:57:04 pm »
I agree with Z, George already said he did not know "what" the Turin Adin was. Would surmise he wouldn't know either.
Sanity has Left The Building.
Please Contact Patti L. for further instructions.

Nifty

• Mechanic
« Reply #199 on: May 07, 2015, 06:03:26 pm »
This post will be chock-full of spoilers.  Even though the last book came out a year ago, I'll use spoiler tags.

I just finished a re-listen of Magic Rises, and it raised a question that's been lingering since I read Magic Breaks:  Do we think that the identify of Hugh's mole on the Pack Council has truly been resolved?

In Magic Rises, Hugh reveals that that he knows that Kate said to the Pack Council at the end of the events of Book 4.  But in Magic Breaks, after Curran rescues Kate from Mishmar, he tells her that he found out that Jennifer was approached by Hugh's people after Daniel was killed...which was at the end of Book 5

So that makes me think Jennifer couldn't be the original mole, and that that was a nice red herring Ilona fed us.

We readers don't know all the Clan Alphas.  This would be the list prior to the events of Magic Rises:
CAT:  Jim...and I think I've read online that the female cat alpha is one of his sisters?  Has she ever been named?  This is a plot hole for me, because when Kira is first mentioned in Magic Rises, isn't Kate surprised to LEARN that Jim has sisters?  So how can the female cat alpha be Jim's sister if Kate is surprised to learn that he even has sisters?  Regardless, I find it hard to believe that one of the cat alphas is the mole.
RAT:  Tom and Robert Lonesco.  Possible that one of them is the mole, but I find that hard to believe, especially after reading Magic Breaks.  Just doesn't seem like their style.
HEAVY:  Mahon and Martha.  Come on...I cannot believe that one of them would be the mole.
WOLF:  Daniel and Jennifer.  The timing is wrong for Jennifer, I think, and I dunno...Daniel seems too honorable.
BOUDA:  Aunt B and Raphael -- I think Raphael is the male bouda alpha at that time.  NO WAY is either of them the mole.
NIMBLE:  We know nothing about Nimble, except that the alpha couple challenged Kate at the Council meeting and she killed them and they were replaced by the betas.  Clearly the original alphas could not be the moles.  Maybe the replacement alphas -- the betas -- were.  Clan Nimble doesn't really have much of a presence in this series.
JACKAL:  I don't think we know who the Jackal alphas are.  Have they ever been named.  My vote for Council mole goes to the Jackals.  If nothing else, it would tie in with Hugh's preferred shapeshifter soldiers of choice.  Hibla and most of her people were Jackals.

(It could also be one of the BETAS.  They were present in that Pack Council meeting as well.  But that seems unlikely simply because it wouldn't be impactful for it the mole to be one of the betas.)

Okay, next questions:
Given Kate and Curran's separation from The Pack and Roland's agreement to leave them alone, does it even MATTER whether or not a mole is still out there.  Kate is no longer in hiding, she has claimed the city, and one could even argue that she's under Roland's protection (since he agreed that he would give no order to any of his people to mess with her).

Obviously it might not be over for Hugh:  Curran has bested him in a fight now TWICE and Kate has bested him once; Curran has Kate (whom Hugh wants); Hugh failed where Landon Nez succeeded (in persuading Kate to come to Roland of her own free will); and Kate -- after claiming the city -- will have more power than ever.  (Magic Break explains that by claiming the City, Roland reaps the harvest of that land's magic.  So the same should happen for Kate, and that upsurge of power will make her MORE of a challenge to Hugh, won't it?)
I could not deprive you of the realization of all you could accomplish together, and of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot begin to imagine.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #200 on: May 07, 2015, 06:08:27 pm »
But the pack itself could or would still be seen as a threat by Roland.

Grandpappy Wycked

• Pack Member
« Reply #201 on: May 08, 2015, 11:05:03 am »
Nimble: seems to read as a mishmash with no real "Alpha". Possibly they have a chosen delegate for Pack Business.

I think there is still a Mole, and, I think it is a Beta, not an Alpha due to being able to be more able to go places outside the Keep than an Alpha can unobserved as they are the ones running errunds for the Alphas all the time. not just enforcers but gophers as well.

I agree with Janilee on the Pack being seen as a threat. Especially since it appears the Pack Territory is not actually in the Claimed part of the City. Roland attacking the pack can't be seen as him attacking the City IF they don't actually lie in the Claimed part of the City. I can also see the Pack "Hiring" Kate and Curran to locate A Mole or Multiple Moles in the Pack to keep Open Ties as a way to keep Roland back. "We are Allies still even though they renounced their titles and severed all ties, we have Hired them under New Contract as our Advisors/Investigators" kind of angle.

As for Jim and the Female Alpha, I believe Kate 'assumed' Jim was the only Alpha of the Cats and when she finds out he has a Sister is when she learns of a Female Alpha. At least that is how I tracked it when I read them.

Itsy-Cat

• Mechanic
« Reply #202 on: May 10, 2015, 05:44:53 am »
I'm pretty sure that the keep is actually within the claimed part of the territory though.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #203 on: May 11, 2015, 04:02:20 pm »

Pee Wee

• Tinker
  • I would if I could, but I can't ;-)
« Reply #204 on: May 12, 2015, 10:18:44 pm »
Breathless - finished the first Cleen Sweep. Will reach you  ;D
Better to build a bad fence than waisting time with silly housework, but better you have a clean house, than a bad fence.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #205 on: May 12, 2015, 10:26:14 pm »
 :D

Pee Wee

• Tinker
  • I would if I could, but I can't ;-)
« Reply #206 on: May 15, 2015, 10:21:27 pm »
And now I've to wait - this is hard  :o
Better to build a bad fence than waisting time with silly housework, but better you have a clean house, than a bad fence.

Janilee

• Alpha Wolf, Grrrr!
« Reply #207 on: May 18, 2015, 08:57:13 pm »
http://demo.ilona-andrews.com/2015/05/chapter-15-part-3/

Another note suggests they are trying to finish this soon.

BillG

• Pack Member
« Reply #208 on: May 19, 2015, 02:37:55 am »
Wheeee!!!!
"Change is the end result of all true learning."
Leo Buscaglia

Grandpappy Wycked

• Pack Member
« Reply #209 on: May 19, 2015, 08:44:46 am »