Author Topic: Ilona Andrews  (Read 346035 times)

Kyria

• writers
  • Senior Pack Member
    • Farthest Feather Creations
Re: Ilona Andrews
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2010, 01:23:05 pm »
Poor Kate and Curran and Jim, can't twitter when the magic's up, won't twitter when Kate's mad at Curran.   9) *snort*

I agree Good Mazoku... I was doing a great job until I got to "I kil u." and then I absolutely died. 

Also, how often has Kate NOT been fuming at Curran over something... and hasn't one of her primary goals a lot of the time been to avoid talking to Curran?  I fail to see how this "declaring war" is different from usual... I mean, I have every faith in the author's abilities to create  a special "Kate and Curran destroy the world because of their love/hate relationship" thing; I just have little faith in a reviewer who so obviously has not read the books. 

Good Mazoku

• lovebird
  • Tool Wrangler
  • Faint heart never won fair lady.
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2010, 04:13:51 am »
Actually, yes: I won Must Love Hellhounds last year. :-[

EDITED TO ADD LINK TO CONTEST: Go here and enter to win an early copy! I believe in spreading the  :-LOVE.
http://hurog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4959.msg262757#msg262757

Ahahah: you know how I had already ordered it on my internet bookstore? I'm keeping the order standing and giving that copy to a friend of mine I got hooked on the series!! LOL LOL I believe in spreading the love too!! :-LOVE
Crazy Cat Lady on the loose. Beware.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
  • I am from AUSTRIA. No koalas!
    • my livejournal
« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2010, 04:50:57 am »
did you see ilona's blog post about the short story 'the questing beast'? it's now available in e-reader formats. for FREE!

GW  WK  WH

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2010, 08:26:25 am »
There is a very fun interview with Mahon and Aunt B from the Paperback dolls - :D
http://bit.ly/aVLRXH
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Zealith

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Pack Member
    • dragcaves
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2010, 08:21:07 pm »
Another short story is always a plus.

Avarel

• writers
  • Mechanic
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2010, 07:07:46 pm »
I wasn't worried so much about Kate being angry at Andrea, I was worried it was the other way around. I thought Andrea was mad at Kate for doing something she both wanted to do/felt she should do, and felt duty bound not to do.

This was kinda what I was thinking... Then I had an evil thought. What if Ted figured out what Andrea was and something happened to her and that's why she hasn't contacted Kate.
I had it as I fell asleep last night and it has stuck in my head. Just thought I'd share.

lilliana

« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2010, 04:47:05 am »
I have a feeling Ted is going to find out about Andrea eventually, but I doubt that's why Andrea is avoiding Kate. She may be upset and feeling guilty for not helping the Pack. Kate and Andrea need to team up and work together -- Maxine could be the secretary. :D And not to mention, if Aunt B wants Andrea to be Alpha, she wouldn't be able to keep her job at the Order. She couldn't keep her identity secret if she was Alpha.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2010, 12:23:50 pm »
My feelings about is that she is probably embarrassed about facing Kate and more specifically Raphael due to her torn loyalties with the Order and the shifters. I think she will be facing a similar crossroads that Kate faced and she has to choose and I agree Ted will find out sooner or later and I suspect that deep down he knows that Andrea is a shifter especially after that Loup attack with her partner.

I really hope she works things out with Raphael and she is going to have to face a lot more later when her is secret is known with other shifters. I feel for her but I don't think the Order especially the people who are running it will have the shifter's best interests at heart and they might even join forces with Roland especially since he is trying to get rid of them.
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Salarika

• Tinker
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2010, 08:52:44 pm »
Okay, I'll try. Given the peroration from Ted on what constitutes "human", I really don't see the Order joining forces with the People. In Magic Burns, didn't the Order pull everyone out - except Andrea - leaving the weres and the People to face the Fomorians because of something Roland was up to?

There, did that work?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 08:59:39 pm by Salarika »
Beyond the farthest shore
Beyond the land
My people are dancing
On the wind.
-Ursula K. LeGuin

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2010, 06:50:59 am »
Arrgh! I want to read beneath the evil black lines, I want to read beneath the evil black lines, I want to read beneath the evil black lines, I want to read beneath the evil black lines, I want to read beneath the evil black lines! 

But I haven't got the book yet!

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2010, 02:14:49 pm »
Stayed away from chat, no spoilers for me. book is in shipping. bOuNcY

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

Salarika

• Tinker
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2010, 05:00:14 pm »
Can we still speculate about the nature of Curran's beast? I have an idea I'd like to toss around.
Beyond the land
My people are dancing
On the wind.
-Ursula K. LeGuin

Kate

• writers
  • Auto-Zauberer
  • Trying to stay Zen in the volcano...
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2010, 05:02:54 pm »
Sure, why not?

I don't want to write the great American novel. I want to write the great American beach read. It pays better!

Salarika

• Tinker
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2010, 09:15:55 pm »
Okay. Panthera leo spelaea, the cave lion. Makes modern lions look puny. Here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panthera_leo_spelaea

Supposedly stood better than 5 ft tall at the shoulder (gulp). Now extinct - in our world, anyway - but the author(s) have been hinting for some time that Curran's magic goes way back, so when I first read the description of him, I got suspicious.

What do y'all think?
Beyond the land
My people are dancing
On the wind.
-Ursula K. LeGuin

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2010, 09:35:01 pm »
Sorry for the double post but check out what I just found!!!!

A Curran POV for Magic Bleeds!!!!
Warning! Spoilers present!

bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY http://www.ilona-andrews.com/2010/05/26/magic-bleeds-curran-pov/  bOuNcY bOuNcY bOuNcY
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden