Author Topic: Ilona Andrews  (Read 336561 times)

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
Re: Ilona Andrews
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2009, 09:21:04 am »
I had no idea the next book was about William since I stay away from the snippets. That's good to know. I really like William.

Didn't realise that they'd be switching main characters either. I like William too. He's quite interesting, and here's hoping he deals with his emotional issues.

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2009, 12:13:31 pm »
If there are more books contracted in this series- Ilona also said she will do more with Rose and Declan. I really hope there will be more and I also cant wait to read William. Definitely became a fan fave for me in the book :D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2009, 11:43:08 am »
I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of this, but I have an idea about why Curran blew Kate off for dinner.

I think it's because of all that blood in the last book.  Kate's always so careful about letting her blood get found, and there was an awful lot of random blood flowing around and not getting mopped up.  I wonder if Curran found out, and now he's not so sure what he's planning to mate.

Like I said, I'm probably not the first person to come up with this theory.  It just struck me this morning, though, so I share.
Dear Lord, be good to me.  The sea is so wide, and my boat is so small.

You let a wolf save your life, and you pay and you pay, and you pay...

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2009, 11:55:22 am »
Interesting! Might be, but that doesn't really sound like Curran to not show because of speculation.

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2009, 12:08:04 pm »
But what if it's not speculation?  The assumption throughout the books has been that the blood is a definitive indicator, and anyone who gets a hold of it will know for a fact what Kate is.

Varg

• Pack Member
  • the fluffy vortex got me! There is no escape...
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2009, 12:20:56 pm »
Yes,that would put a different spin on it. I'm still not convinced not showing is what he would do with that info. Just seems off to me.

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness."
-Leo Tolstoy

Ellyll

• Pack Member
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2009, 12:24:00 pm »
I'm not convinced, either.  But I like the theory.  ;D  I really look forward to finding out for real.

BigMama

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2009, 11:49:01 am »
IMO, Curran has made his decision and is, for some reason, protecting Kate by his sudden rejection.  I have a feeling that when she finds out why, she will give him some trouble.  ;)
Words in the heart cannot be taken. Dorfl

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2009, 04:53:13 am »
Maybe he's figured out who she is.

Tish

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2009, 11:19:56 am »
I hope the spoiler thingys work cause it's my first time using them...Okay so here's my half-baked, harebrained idea on why Curran didn't show up for dinner. Curran suspected who Kate was, but didn't get comfirmation until she broke the sword. He's upset she didn't tell him. He's claimed her as his future mate and sees her not telling him as a trust issue(think of it as your spouse not telling you a huge secret). She doesn't trust him to keep her safe or to keep it under wraps and he feels he's proven himself by everything he's done for her (Midnight games/flying castle,etc). He sentenced himself to manual labor for participating in the other's "silliness" and has that time to brood about it. Meanwhile Mahon(who someone on Ilona's board said has something to do with Curran missing dinner and doesn't want them together) sees Saimen sp? posing as Kate do something very un-Kate-like. Mahon tells Curran, who is already upset with Kate, what happened, he doesn't believe she would do that, but doesn't give her the benefit of the doubt. Instead he decideds to distance himself from her to give him time to think without his need for her making decisions for him. I also think he's keeping tabs on her and is the tipster in chap 2.  Who knows??? Is it May yet????  This waiting is killing me!!!!!!

EDITED to fix spoiler tags - Ellyll
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 05:49:08 pm by Ellyll »

lacrima

• Tool Wrangler
  • Sleep is overrated anyway. Where's my coffee ?
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2009, 11:35:38 am »
Oh, thank you. Not that I mind spoilers (and I was the one to come up with the Mahon-is-the-bad-guy-theory, after Ilona said that he thinks Curran isn't really in love with Kate), but I know that others do. So thank you for making it work.

"Give me an opportunity to fail. I promise that my corpse won't interrupt your 'I told you so' speech."

Pendle

• Auto-Zauberer
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2009, 02:01:56 pm »
Do you think Aunt B and Mahon are having an affair? Wouldn't help if their fighting in separate corners over the Kate/Curran scenario.

lacrima

• Tool Wrangler
  • Sleep is overrated anyway. Where's my coffee ?
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2009, 03:39:17 pm »
I can access the page again.

As a little thank you I'll bring you the links to some Alpha Menz...

Part 1: http://www.ilona-andrews.com/2009/11/23/okay/
Part 2: http://www.ilona-andrews.com/2009/11/23/alpha-menz-snippet-part-2/

"Give me an opportunity to fail. I promise that my corpse won't interrupt your 'I told you so' speech."

CheeseBK

• Mechanic
  • I am from AUSTRIA. No koalas!
    • my livejournal
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2009, 04:57:54 am »
What exactly is Alpha Menz? It sounds totally great! Will it become a novel/series/anything? Will there be more Alpha Menz stuff? Enlighten me, please! ^-^

it's a ongoing online-story Ilona is writing and posting whenever she has time. although we devoted readers would love to see it published, it seems the editors think it's too .... special to publish it. *shrugs*

GW  WK  WH

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2009, 12:03:22 pm »
This is all I could find the links to Alpha Menz its via tag search - I couldnt find a direct link hon
http://www.ilona-andrews.com/tag/alpha-menz/
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D