Author Topic: Cassandra Clare  (Read 20986 times)

cherdabear

Cassandra Clare
« on: May 24, 2009, 12:52:54 am »
Has anyone else read the Mortal Instruments Series (City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass).  If you haven't you should I really loved them.  And I highly recommend them to everyone!!! ;D ;D  Clarey and Jace are Awesome.

Staplegun

• Mechanic
Re: Cassandra Clare
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 11:04:34 am »
I read City of Bones but haven't gotten around to the rest of them. The twist at the end of the first book kinda threw me off them. I'll come back eventually...she tells an engaging story, but I'll wait 'till they are all in paperback.

ipod frk

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 02:44:55 pm »
They're quite good books actually. Cassandra Clare sure knows how to zing up the romantic tension. 8) Note her Mortal Instruments trilogy are strictly in the young adult genre. I think. haven't read them books in 2-3 months and my memory's gone hazy. But there's one thing I'm sure of: those looking for a good plotted story won't find it. They'll get quite a few number of holes instead. However her idea of shadowhunters and the alternate world CC presents is quite interesting.

cherdabear

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 01:25:46 am »
I really enjoyed the shadowhunters.  I guess I just loved the characters.  They are for young adults they are an easy quick read.  There are a few holes and some rather predictable parts where you go how can you not have figured this out yet. 

staplegun- if you only read the first the twist about kills you at the end.  but it works out slowly but surely.

Tish

• Grease Monkey
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 06:09:44 pm »
My sister recommended this series to me.  I've finished the first and just started the second. I had to google what happens with Jace and Clary because the ending of Bones made me so mad I didn't want to read anymore.  My sister called me a cheater because it doesn't get resolved until Glass.  I'm really liking them.

charmed

• Tool Wrangler
  • Book Addict & Proud
    • Bea's Book Nook
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 05:37:14 pm »
I just received this in my email today:

MORTAL INSTRUMENTS ANNOUNCEMENTS:

1. There will be a fourth book in the MI series! And it will follow (wait for it, wait for it), SIMON! Below is a bit of the press release:

Margaret K. McElderry Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing, has acquired City of Fallen Angels, a fourth book in Cassandra Clare’s bestselling young adult fantasy series, The Mortal Instruments, which has over 1 million books in print. The story follows Simon, a character from the first three Mortal Instruments novels, City of Bones, City of Ashes and City of Glass, as he adjusts to life as a vampire. City of Fallen Angels will publish in hardcover in March 2011, followed by a paperback edition in July 2012.

Love, blood, betrayal and revenge — the stakes are higher than ever in City of Fallen Angels. Simon Lewis is having some trouble adjusting to his new life as a vampire, especially now that he hardly sees his best friend Clary, who is caught up in training to be a Shadowhunter—and spending time with her new boyfriend Jace. Not to mention that Simon doesn't quite know how to handle the pressure of not-quite-dating two girls at once. What's a daylight-loving vampire to do? Simon decides he needs a break and heads out of the city—only to discover that sinister events are following him. Realizing that the war they thought they'd won might not yet be over, Simon has to call on his Shadowhunter friends to save the day — if they can put their own splintering relationships on hold long enough to rise to the challenge.

2. (AND THIS ONE IS EPIC ON THE AWESOME SCALE!) The Mortal Instruments has been optioned to be made into a film! More info straight from Cassie below:

"The Mortal Instruments have been optioned by Unique Features. This is a film production company set up by former founders and co-presidents of New Line Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne, who oversaw the production of the Lord of the Rings movies."

3. The MI series is being made into a graphic novel via Th3rd World Studios.
Press release can be found here.

Proud member of The Smuthound Gang & COMFIE. Esteemed member of the SOOGA. Always perfect. Sometimes breathing.

ArtAngel

• writers
  • Pack Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 11:04:39 pm »
That's awesome news Charmed! thanks for sharing!
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are subtle and quick to anger." -Tolkien
"F*** subtle" -Harry Dresden

Has

• Global Moderator
  • Pack Member
    • Patricia Briggs Fans groups facebook page
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 06:37:12 am »
I saw this on twitter :D

I think Cassandra when I attended her signing kind of hinted at this although she did state there will be a 4th book focusing on Simon - it was originally was going to be a comic series but that fell through and shes using the outline as a new book :D
-You aren't scary.  You are a good rabid fan-Courtesy of another rabid bookpusher called E something ;D

thebeadedchihuahua

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 05:11:04 pm »
I love the mortal instrament series. She is coming out with a prequel to this series. Its called the Infernal Devices. Here is the website http://www.theinfernaldevices.com/. Cool site.

Dusk

• Tinker
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 03:48:36 am »
Loved the Mortal Instruments series......was a bit put off at the end of the first book but not enough to stop reading LOL.....its definatley worth reading all three books, and if it becomes a movie i will definatley be watching it. Not so sure about the fourth book being from simons point of view...but that could just be because he wasn't one of my favourite characters. I was a clary and jace fran the whole way through  :D
I'm 90% Angel & 10% Devil  O) ....... or is that the other way around ;) :P

lazybeth

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 07:20:03 am »
I love this series. I am a bit of a book-a-holic and have read a lot of YA books.  I am pumped about the fourth book coming out next year (i think ???), and about the 'prequel' series. Yay for more good books!!  bOuNcY
"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid."
- Jane Austen

kitt.

• Tool Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 07:40:32 pm »
ive read some the 1st two.  bOuNcY and can you tell me if clarey and jace get together?!
pretty please? :D

lilliana

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 06:01:06 am »
Found all 3 books in hardback at a really good price over the weekend... I have heard good things about this series. I cant wait to read them.  :)

Edit: I'm so disappointed...I read a spoiler by accident on Amazon about this series and I am seriously thinking about returning the books. Argh, I hate it when that happens. I'm just curious, does anyone think because I know about the relationship between Clarey and Jace before I have read the books, will now spoil how I feel about the books while I'm reading them?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 04:41:38 am by lilliana »

Dusk

• Tinker
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 02:22:33 pm »
That really depends on what you have read......the book takes a few twists and turns and it is worth sticking it through to the end.....i had a freak out at the end of book one but am glad i read it the whole way through  :D
I'm 90% Angel & 10% Devil  O) ....... or is that the other way around ;) :P

thebeadedchihuahua

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 08:04:56 pm »
Found all 3 books in hardback at a really good price over the weekend... I have heard good things about this series. I cant wait to read them.  :)

Edit: I'm so disappointed...I read a spoiler by accident on Amazon about this series and I am seriously thinking about returning the books. Argh, I hate it when that happens. I'm just curious, does anyone think because I know about the relationship between Clarey and Jace before I have read the books, will now spoil how I feel about the books while I'm reading them?

I agree with Dusk. If what you read is related to book one, then I would ignore it and continue to read the series. It's one of my favorite Series. I think this series is even better then the Twilight series. My favorite character is Magnus Bane. This whole series is full of twists and turns. I know you will not be disappointed.